DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

7 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Also if you want to talk yourself out of doing anything too crazy

dude, crazy is good, that was a fecking massoof move in Silver.......on the 1min chart! :PxD:Jumping:

see how it broke the high from 2 days ago, retraced EXACTLY to that line, then took off again :Geek:

Screenshot_2021-05-06_15-57-36.png

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lightscribe
2 minutes ago, nirvana said:

dude, crazy is good, that was a fecking massoof move in Silver.......on the 1min chart! :PxD:Jumping:

see how it broke the high from 2 days ago, retraced EXACTLY to that line, then took off again :Geek:

Screenshot_2021-05-06_15-57-36.png

JPMorgan will put a stop to that pronto. ;)

1 minute ago, Lightscribe said:

JPMorgan will put a stop to that pronto. ;)

I tend to agree which is why I sort of regret putting a shitload o cash into an ETF........opportunity cost and all that.....too many charts, not enough monitors.......concentration span size of a gnat's arsehole :P

Yankee markets looking heavy, shouldn't be here......

Noallegiance
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Cycle inflation 63%,to stop government bust 34% above rates,so 30% rates over the cycle,of course rates will be back loaded towards the end.

Would you mind explaining this like I'm five years old, please?

Noallegiance
47 minutes ago, nirvana said:

SILVER BREAKING OUT WE'RE RICH!!!!! xD

Save the capslcok until above $30 is held, if you don't mind.

can we talk about 'taper tantrums'??? Apparently Fed rep Kaplan reckons they should be planning for a taper again...the last one was in 2013 and causes a 'tantrum'...can't remember what effect it had on the markets? did they crash?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fed-should-start-talking-about-tapering-kaplan-says-11619793899

taper_lessons-2017-08-exhibit-2.png

9 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Save the capslcok until above $30 is held, if you don't mind.

that might never happen :P

Kaplan is on the wires talking inflation and crap, that's why Gold n Silver are spiking :Geek:

here's a starter for 10.......the USD appreciated a lot after the last 'taper tantrum' hmmmmm 

22 minutes ago, nirvana said:

I'm back to ramp Centamin xD It's running (as in the share price, not so much the project).... 'Largest hybrid solar project'

https://www.mining.com/centamin-to-start-building-solar-plant-at-sukari/

Good news as I already have some:).  Someone on here mentioned it a while back and said directors were buying so it seemed like a good idea to do the same.......:D

DurhamBorn

@Yellow_Reduced_Sticker if you earned over £6200 in two tax years PAYE you will of paid enough NI for 6 months JSA none means tested.Claim April 6th so in new tax year of course so no tax on it.When it runs out then claim none means tested ESA,you can only get that for 12 months none means tested,but it goes off last years NI so by claiming after the JSA runs out you get it.You can get 18 months all in none means tested.

Likely il get booted off ESA when they review you,but it takes at least 6 months.I did it before and i got zero points,they said there isnt anything wrong with you,i said thankyou good to hear it xD .My old mentor made me go to the quacks every couple of years and claim anxiety,depression etc,but tell the quack you wanted pills but not be off work,then just sling the prescription,that way when you actually needed it you had the history,just tell the quack it was really bad and you needed time off etc,they see your history of soldiering on and just hand you the sick note or as they are now called fit note xD

Yadda yadda yadda
18 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

@Yellow_Reduced_Sticker if you earned over £6200 in two tax years PAYE you will of paid enough NI for 6 months JSA none means tested.Claim April 6th so in new tax year of course so no tax on it.When it runs out then claim none means tested ESA,you can only get that for 12 months none means tested,but it goes off last years NI so by claiming after the JSA runs out you get it.You can get 18 months all in none means tested.

Likely il get booted off ESA when they review you,but it takes at least 6 months.I did it before and i got zero points,they said there isnt anything wrong with you,i said thankyou good to hear it xD .My old mentor made me go to the quacks every couple of years and claim anxiety,depression etc,but tell the quack you wanted pills but not be off work,then just sling the prescription,that way when you actually needed it you had the history,just tell the quack it was really bad and you needed time off etc,they see your history of soldiering on and just hand you the sick note or as they are now called fit note xD

You've had a benefits mentor as well as an investing mentor. An unusual combination.

Good advice to lay the groundwork for claiming depression when needed. Trying to speak to a doctor seems like much harder work than investing though. If I'm up for redundancy I might put the effort in then.

Am I correct that you get stamp towards your state pension by signing on? Good luck taking every penny you can out of the system. It needs to collapse and that means it must be bled dry.

Lightscribe

A quick and last crypto update.

So LINK hit the $50 target which I mentioned previously on this thread, in which I sold to BTC at that point. It has retraced slightly, but I’m waiting for a further retrace before considering buying back in so am watching BTC.

Typically when ETH makes a big move, and LINK finally follows after (which is always the last to move to its next resistance level) BTC is next to make a move.

All eyes on BTC now. We are getting to a critical point with BTC in that it will have to make a rather large move up/down. All major alts have run too so will retrace down in relation to BTC in any big movements.

DF2D1B1F-B822-4126-8CFD-B712D1A2410F.jpeg

CF59BBD5-AF96-463F-8427-B83B3882A097.thumb.jpeg.064be7d36e6a72c64a29e9b91b474fca.jpeg

DurhamBorn
20 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

You've had a benefits mentor as well as an investing mentor. An unusual combination.

Good advice to lay the groundwork for claiming depression when needed. Trying to speak to a doctor seems like much harder work than investing though. If I'm up for redundancy I might put the effort in then.

Am I correct that you get stamp towards your state pension by signing on? Good luck taking every penny you can out of the system. It needs to collapse and that means it must be bled dry.

Yes,but best way to get free years is claim specified adult childcare credits for children under 12 you babysit as a grandparent.Im only 2 years short,but im claiming them every year now incase they increase years needed etc

here's a funny one for @Yellow_Reduced_Stickerand fellow 'opportunist dumpster divers'

I got a 'right haul' the other week, funny when you reach a phase of your life when you're just as happy legging it down the road on your bike with a rucksack full of freebies as when you're killing the markets and making a load o dosh :Jumping:

Shame I only had a small rucksack cos the bins were loaded! I bet the old farts had a right ruckus when they turned up later.......one day I'll be up for a scrap and see who gets the most chicken wings xD

IMG_20210426_110109 (copy 1).jpg

2 hours ago, planit said:

Corrected for you B|

Well, quite. Tesla spent more on crypto last year than they did on R&D. I think that says a lot about Tesla.

2 hours ago, nirvana said:

to be fair that's not 100% true....us rebels were harking on about it over 10 years when we realised what a scam FIAT is :P

The thing about fiat is, no matter how big a scam it is, you have to pay taxes in sterling and you (mostly) have to buy commods in USD. And AFAIK, even the most ardent crypto traders track a crypto's performance against USD.

By the way, I'm not anti-crypto. It's just that, within the current financial system, I think it is overvalued. I have come to think of it as a bit like gold in that its value lies in the energy used to mine it - energy which can't be recovered in either case - but without offering the security that gold does. How much would crypto be worth if the Internet is split into different networks, for example - or blocked altogether in your country.

geordie_lurch

For anyone wanting to get shares in one of the largest platforms selling Cryptocurrency (like those selling mining equipment in the gold rush of old) Coinbase (COIN) have come down a decent amount from their initial offering and something I'm going to be taking a small punt on.

Lightscribe
22 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

For anyone wanting to get shares in one of the largest platforms selling Cryptocurrency (like those selling mining equipment in the gold rush of old) Coinbase (COIN) have come down a decent amount from their initial offering and something I'm going to be taking a small punt on.

Yup, I remember saying a few weeks back, once LINK hit $50, I would look at the Coinbase stock token as it should have found its level after the initial sell off period by then. Will see what BTC does first.

https://u.today/bank-of-england-governor-warns-crypto-holders-about-losing-all-their-money

Bit ironic he says this and then the article reminds us about ‘Britcoin’ that was mentioned by the our glorious leaders the other week. As I said before the government crypto projects (which are most certainly coming) will rely on existing developing crypto infrastructure, so it’s here to stay.

I agree though most will lose a lot of money in the BK crash, but so will the vast swathes of Tesla and FAANG funds will also I suspect.

I’ve been through two crashes and my original investment is withdrawn so it certainly doesn’t make any odds to me. The regulation approval will be the game changer however. SEC vs XRP in court is the canary in the coal mine.

The Idiocrat
57 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

This looks interesting if it happens - US banks to provide Bitcoin accounts to their customers. They’ve seen how much money has been leaving bank accounts to the likes of Coinbase.

32 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

This looks interesting if it happens - US banks to provide Bitcoin accounts to their customers. They’ve seen how much money has been leaving bank accounts to the likes of Coinbase.

Everything off-chain I assume, just another step towards paper bitcoin. I'm running out of I told you so's.

I rememebr when Antonopoulos would keep repeating in his speaches "Your keys - your bitcoin, not your keys - not your bitcoin" like a milion times in a row. I guess not too many listened.

Lightscribe
46 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Everything off-chain I assume, just another step towards paper bitcoin. I'm running out of I told you so's.

I rememebr when Antonopoulos would keep repeating in his speaches "Your keys - your bitcoin, not your keys - not your bitcoin" like a milion times in a row. I guess not too many listened.

https://medium.com/stakefish/not-your-keys-not-your-coins-fad3d43c2713

Hardware wallets, digital wallets, (Trust, MetaMask etc etc) all stored on your mobile device that the private keys are protected by encryption on your device. These can link by Defi connection to an exchange directly (not your private key) you have no need to store them at a bank.

But I agree entirely, I wouldn’t trust banks/exchanges by a long shot (especially as things melt up either way), just the same as I wouldn’t with gold/silver deposits. 

2 hours ago, AWW said:

By the way, I'm not anti-crypto. It's just that, within the current financial system, I think it is overvalued

apparently ONE THIRD of all US dollars were printed last year....gott in himmel :P Would be interested in how that compares to the amount of £ and € in existence

So in that context is it any surprise that 'values' have rocketed??? I always find the 'value' arguement very interesting cos it's totally subjective.......someone said to me many years ago, what's the value of something with no buyers? Answer could be potentially zero........

I don't get all this mining malarky nowadays either....yeah in the early days but it doesn't appear to be worthwhile now?...isn't Litecoin an example of a non-mined coin? I recall reading that Ripple was a con years ago cos they can just make more when they feel like it, bit like FIAT......

edit: meant to say too, why has gold got any value? I see it as useless and shiny personally, yes it was the basis of a 'monetary system' but not anymore.......it strikes me as one of most manipulated markets out there nowadays........those Gold traders are as bad as bad ass Musk :o

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker

Bank of England's Bailey on crypto: 'Be prepared to LOSE ALL your money':o

it's so obvious even to a blind man what these f****rs are planning!

@nirvana Let me know when ya start SHORTING...I'll short 6/9 months later O.o ...whoever gets the timing RIGHT is going to make a KILLING!:D

Noallegiance
3 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

.whoever gets the timing RIGHT is going to make a KILLING!:D

£10 on City of London and Wall Street?

4 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

@nirvana Let me know when ya start SHORTING.

I'm a itching boss, I'm a itching......BUT I'm probs still suffering war wounds from the last time I tried to short something...

Seems far easier just to buy any old shite nowadays and wait for it to go up in value xD:Jumping:

Archived