DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

You're preaching to the choir as I'm neither a materialist nor am I remotely committed to remaining on this godforsaken floating asylum of airstrip 1 for one minute more than necessary. 

I'm leaving later this year, you can come join me we can start a commune. :DBut you'll have to refer to me as "The Leader".

ThoughtCriminal
5 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I'm leaving later this year, you can come join me we can start a commune. :DBut you'll have to refer to me as "The Leader".

Now that's a VERY generous offer, but I think going to park that one on the back burner for now. 😂

On a serious note, where you thinking and why? 

3 hours ago, JMD said:

Yes, both Stupid and Arrogant... for example these Cambridge students are meant to be among the best of the best (and incredibly smugly moral it seems, just watch their faces at 0:33), yet their minds are completely closed.

Worth watching as only 12 mins, but only if you don't have high blood pressure, as promise you'll end up shouting at the screen.

It's the barely concealed contempt and lack of tolerance for other view points that gets me. Why are so many people like that today? Cunts should be made to take a freezing cold shower every morning and then told there's only hot water available that was heated via fossil fuels.

ThoughtCriminal
1 minute ago, Starsend said:

It's the barely concealed contempt and lack of tolerance for other view points that gets me. Why are so many people like that today? Cunts should be made to take a freezing cold shower every morning and then told there's only hot water available that was heated via fossil fuels.

They're the epitome of "I'm alright Jack". 

Whatever the topic, from immigration to green bullshit to criminal justice, if you have no skin in the game then your opinion is worth less than dog shit. 

If the people who govern you are insulated from their opinions by money then you're fucked. 

Chewing Grass
3 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

Interesting. Except that he believes in no energy shortages for the next 50 years thanks to shale (8:50 on). 

Mr Fusion is coming, they have sorted the exhaust issue, the Super-X divertor has shown at least a 10-fold reduction in heat, a result that could make the power plants more economically viable to run, in turn reducing the cost of fusion electricity.

"Super-X reduces the heat on the exhaust system from a blowtorch level down to more like you'd find in a car engine. This could mean it would only have to be replaced once during the lifetime of a power plant".

mr fusion

https://news.sky.com/story/commercially-viable-electricity-from-nuclear-fusion-a-step-closer-thanks-to-british-breakthrough-12317089

5 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Now that's a VERY generous offer, but I think going to park that one on the back burner for now. 😂

On a serious note, where you thinking and why? 

Few cities in Asia are the options so my bro can assist with child care.

And the reason why, is the absurd house price bubble in the UK, along with the shit weather, the people, the stuck in door lifestyle ...and the direction i see this country heading. There is more fun to be had elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Starsend said:

It's the barely concealed contempt and lack of tolerance for other view points that gets me. 

That is the final reason, i cant add anything now but i will in the coming weeks.

ThoughtCriminal
9 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Few cities in Asia are the options so my bro can assist with child care.

And the reason why, is the absurd house price bubble in the UK, along with the shit weather, the people, the stuck in door lifestyle ...and the direction i see this country heading. There is more fun to be had elsewhere.

I could have written your reply myself, word for word. 

I've spent years looking at house prices in virtually every country, comparing them to here and realising the difference it would make to your life paying 100k versus 3-400k for the same house. 

And the sit in the house for 10 months of the year lifestyle, can't express how much I hate that about the uk. 

Good luck to us both. 👍

DoINeedOne
11 hours ago, nirvana said:

depends if you believe Skynet is about to take control and create free power from the sun and the wind* :P

AND if convid is a population control event in order to save the planet - it does actually make sense from that POV, if I was part of the 1% I'd say do it!

*Einstein said energy is neither created nor destroyed.....it's the fact that the planet is running out of resources that you need to be worried about O.o

forget about oil n gas if you can't even get fresh water and you have to live in a 10 foot square box that costs a million quid thanks to inflation xD

Again Black Mirror episode Metal Head

On 25/05/2021 at 15:25, nirvana said:

I took a leaf out of your book and bought 5 figures on Friday for a quick 4 figure return today :P

Goldman are now endorsing Bitcoin....I can see the -ve sentiment towards crypto BUT it's not going away........convid is just one of the phases of government control and the introduction of 'digi dosh'

There's just so much dosh sloshing around thanks to the FED, it's like anything and everything is catching a bid....

so dunno, I still think it has running legs personally....please try to convince me otherwise?

Cheers!

I see 5-figure gains in a day on my FTSE stocks frequently, mostly matched by 5-figure losses other days. The pfizer announcement last Nov. was the only one that was really wow. I think it was up 40k in an hour, 60k by end of day.

I think UK stocks are very unlikely en masse to lose 90-99.99%. Crypto might.

8 minutes ago, BWW said:

I think it was up 40k in an hour, 60k by end of day.

have you checked out the new M3 Competition? lol Don't need a Lambo with that bad boy :P

bmw_m3_competition_tanzanite_blue_02.jpg

15 minutes ago, BWW said:

I see 5-figure gains in a day on my FTSE stocks frequently, mostly matched by 5-figure losses other days. The pfizer announcement last Nov. was the only one that was really wow. I think it was up 40k in an hour, 60k by end of day.

I think UK stocks are very unlikely en masse to lose 90-99.99%. Crypto might.

I was up a fiver once in an hour xD

Don't spose you could manage a small loan, tenner should do it?

5 minutes ago, nirvana said:

have you checked out the new M3 Competition? lol Don't need a Lambo with that bad boy :P

bmw_m3_competition_tanzanite_blue_02.jpg

Nah not interested in shiny metal. Prefer something I don't mind about it getting scratched. Apart from anything else when twats driving something similar to that try and cut me up and push in when everyone else is obeying queue politeness, I'm quite happy getting within a cm or so and they tend to back down.

I do fancy an old roller though. Bought a house with a barn big enough for a Lear jet but it's still empty due to that stock people on here said yields one not yet taking off. Then again I only put 3k in it, suspect that's not enough. Too cautious.

1 minute ago, BWW said:

Nah not interested in shiny metal. Prefer something I don't mind about it getting scratched. Apart from anything else when twats driving something similar to that try and cut me up and push in when everyone else is obeying queue politeness, I'm quite happy getting within a cm or so and they tend to back down.

I do fancy an old roller though. Bought a house with a barn big enough for a Lear jet but it's still empty due to that stock people on here said yields one not yet taking off. Then again I only put 3k in it, suspect that's not enough. Too cautious.

Couldn't agree more. I had a really expensive motor and cost me a fortune every time it went wrong (which was often). The depreciation was hefty as well and I was always concerned about it getting dinged.

Bought an old banger and I really couldn't care less what happens to it as long as it starts. It's got two dents, one head shaped on the wing, twat should have watched where he was going xD, he was fine though. It's very liberating though as if it annoys me I don't mind kicking it and putting another dent in it. Doubt I'd ever buy a newish car again now.

13 minutes ago, BWW said:

that stock people on here said yields one

not great panther dogshit? I got sick of waiting for my lear jet with HZM so moved onto crypto for shits n giggles :P

My Lear jet 3k is in HZM bought Nov 20. Now up 47 pounds. Suspect Lloyds would want that, seems to have a big spread. So not even enough to be lending a tenner.

Now what is this panther. If it's down it might be a bargain [is my general attitude].

reformed nice guy
3 hours ago, Barnsey said:

Commodities buying opportunity approaching if ROW can't offset China's credit impulse diving?

I read that China are "telling" producers to reduce commodity prices. I think the USA tried to "jaw down" inflation in the 70s and that was a great succes!

Lightscribe
5 hours ago, Barnsey said:

Guy came to measure the kitchen to replace, says his mate quite high up in one of the smaller UK house builders, now having to pass costs onto home buyers, starting with +3%.

I love these articles. Yes house prices to increase forever, only not with 5 year backlogs in unmortgageable flats with fire certificates and cladding backlogs. First time buyers priced out and flatlined demand in city centres as well as the 2.5million BTL boomer demographic dying out. 

That’s not even taking into a account Inflation and the rising cost of living and servicing costs with wages not increasing at the same rate. 

Then finally we get to the real crux of the matter, of interest rates rising and banks limiting lending only to the strictest requirements.

But yes I suppose it sells newspapers (or ad revenue clicks nowadays)

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Another anecdote alert, but have moved a US holiday twice now because of the chaos, who knows if it'll happen, but booked the car hire a few months ago thinking it was quite expensive at £350 for 2 weeks. Now £850. I've never ever seen prices like that in all the time I've been travelling there, even during summer.

31 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

Thank goodness we have the WEF to explain how we do it.

Alongside the cuts they proclaim "Universal energy access" in 2030.

That is incredible, I bet all the people without power in Africa and India will be really happy to have access to cheap energy by then.

It also means none of the sums add up. Again, irresponsible privileged telling the poor they can't have access to cheap energy.

I want to ask them whether they would burn coal to stop their family freezing to death or starving.

Energy = Life

Lightscribe
34 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

Thank goodness we have the WEF to explain how we do it.

They forgot the net zero ‘you will own nothing’ chart depicting people’s bank accounts. :D

Heart's Ease
7 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

They forgot the net zero ‘you will own nothing’ chart depicting people’s bank accounts. :D

There will always be the Mighty Panther.

EtBcOZXXIAQZ0nG~3.jpeg

Archived