DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

You can only make humans have more kids on a large scale in an industrial/crowded society if you have a strongly patriarchal society where married women cannot refuse sex and contraceptives are not available.

So, China isn't doing that, so the plan won't work

The other way is to give people lots of living space and a healthy environment, plus make it unnecessary for the wife to work.

China cannot do that, so that plan won't work either

The final way is birthing regulations and rape camps.  China might end up there - is already trying it in the Muslim areas as they look to breed out the locals.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

The first share i bought when i was 15 years old was Hanson Trust,it had just bought Imperial Tobacco who owned all kinds of other companies.Hanson sold them off and ended up getting the tobacco business for free.I sold the shares,but bought Imperial again in 96 when Hanson split itself up.We might see companies expand into related industries in future.Tobacco moving into cannabis and energy into grids etc.

Telcos might also get into payments big style.Vodafone of course have M Pesa and that could end up the biggest financial company in Africa.If networks can skim the top from payments it would become the best business in the world.

I trawl the asian stock markets but any conglomerate type stocks are a big turn off.  Selection and maintenance of aim.....oh and less scope for being naughty.  I'll sort out my own diversification thank you.

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Don't worry, it's just transitory ...

About as sticky as that orange juice, not to mention jam and honey which they don't!

On 26/05/2021 at 18:56, planit said:

they are now trying to make the oil companies pay for all the past global warming. It's insane.

why is it insane? I was having a really interesting conversation with a very clued up guy yesterday...he says the oceans are warming up because of all the plastic that is being dumped in them! Isn't plastic a byproduct of oil production?

Think of it as a 'polytunnel effect'....and this is going to have a major impact on global climates, melting of arctic ice and probs another mini-ice age. Europe is a bit fucked again lol

I do need to read up on this stuff more. I think @Lokiis clued up in this area.....is there a thread BRO?

reformed nice guy
31 minutes ago, nirvana said:

why is it insane? I was having a really interesting conversation with a very clued up guy yesterday...he says the oceans are warming up because of all the plastic that is being dumped in them! Isn't plastic a byproduct of oil production?

Think of it as a 'polytunnel effect'....and this is going to have a major impact on global climates, melting of arctic ice and probs another mini-ice age. Europe is a bit fucked again lol

I do need to read up on this stuff more. I think @Lokiis clued up in this area.....is there a thread BRO?

Should fertiliser and farmers be liable for all the extra warming due to population growth? If it wasnt for the increased food production then those people wouldnt be alive

Chewing Grass
3 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Should fertiliser and farmers be liable for all the extra warming due to population growth? If it wasnt for the increased food production then those people wouldnt be alive

Take one step further back and it is oil, you need it to make fertiliser and drive farm machinery.

14 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Should fertiliser and farmers be liable for all the extra warming due to population growth?

too bloody right, have you seen all the problems now due to that glyphosate shite?

Come on then, back to basics, are the oceans warming up and what's causing it? Soz this is really for another thread but yeah I know there is a lot of VI (vested interest) in oil in here so chip in folks :P

15 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

If it wasnt for the increased food production then those people wouldnt be alive

I think you underestimate how resilient folk are, if there wasn't so much 'corporate and government BS' to get them to live in the cities, they could actually be more productive AND self-sufficient in the countryside :)

35 minutes ago, nirvana said:

too bloody right, have you seen all the problems now due to that glyphosate shite?

Come on then, back to basics, are the oceans warming up and what's causing it? Soz this is really for another thread but yeah I know there is a lot of VI (vested interest) in oil in here so chip in folks :P

Not gonna happen. A lot here are old enough to have grown out of the phase of "must spend all my time responding. Someone on the internet is wrong !"

1 hour ago, nirvana said:

Pretty much these vids and electroverse.net will tell you!  My personal opinion is he is incorrect.  

CO2 is as essential to life as the oxygen molecule that's part of it...carbon based life after all.

22 minutes ago, arrow said:

Not gonna happen. A lot here are old enough to have grown out of the phase of "must spend all my time responding. Someone on the internet is wrong !"

well most things appear to be 'wrong' in some manner nowadays O.o

I guess I'm trying to rationalise my 'macro vs micro' POV and wondering if OIL is a short at these levels? o.O

I guess I'll piss off to the 'micro freedom fighters/grow your own/fuck off corporates, government & FED thread' then :)

Anyway I'm pretty sure the oceans are warming up so have it whatever way you want 'Darwin' :P

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/202104

quote (April's report so pretty up to date, just cos you've been freezing your tits off at Watford Gap services means nowt to ROW)

Warmer-than-average temperatures were observed across much of the world's land and ocean surfaces, with the most notable warm anomalies across eastern Canada, southern South America, northwestern and southwestern Asia, and southern Africa, where temperatures were at least 2.5°C (4.5°F) above average

@Lokithere you go dude, the Yankee government says we're warming up in black n white, what sayest thou o god of the coffee shop?

PS I do agree with all this 'climate change fraud' blah blah

On 30/05/2021 at 12:31, Mooping said:

I would like to purchase some Gold.  I believe that purchasing Sovereigns is the best way in order to avoid paying CGT.  Is that correct?  My next question is what's the best way of purchasing sovereigns ie to get the best deal?  Thanks.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/sovereign-gold-coins

I have bought from them over the last 15 years and found they do whqat they say they do and prices are pretty good...not worth pondering over £10 differences in price between sellers .

My first priority is "can you trust them"...then secondly a competitive price .

Castlevania
2 hours ago, nirvana said:

Go watch Seaspiracy on Netflix. Most of the plastic dumped in the ocean is fishing gear.

If you want to do your bit for the environment don’t eat fish, or if you do only buy what has been caught locally by small fishing boats.

6 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

If we want to cut fossil use, there is a beautifully simple, fair and clean market mechanism that avoids diversionary witch hunts: price fossils properly with a carbon tax and dividend (recycled to the least well off).

Phew, this guy has it alllllllll figured out, thankfully! I can't see any flaw or room for fraud in that plan at all. xD

18 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

They will,they cant risk the main banks clogging the pipes given the size and scale of the debt and counterparty risk.Step 1 is make sure the banks have enough capital,they do,that was solved 08 to 13.This cycle is all about lifting base money up quicker than the debt increases across the economy to reflate main street,re-tool the west and keep governments solvent.Fed need to keep the dollar down so they can fire a broad based recovery worldwide.They dont want emerging markets rolling over.It would be a disaster is all the liquidity flowed back through repos.They wont tolerate base money falling back.Reflation is the only game in town,the other roads all lead to systemic collapse and the Feds no 1 priority is to avoid that.They arent about winners or losers here,they about stopping western countries collapsing.

:ph34r:

ThoughtCriminal

All anyone needs to know about the climate change fairytale is one single fact: we currently have one of the lowest levels of Co2 in the history of the planet. 

The range for earth is 180ppm - 7000ppm.

Were currently at just over 400ppm.

Anyone who thinks you can geoengineer a sub 400ppm atmosphere is off his fucking rocker.

Nor is it necessary, given we know temperature change precedes Co2 change. 

As DB points out, it doesnt matter if it's bullshit or not. All that matters is the people in charge are going to act like its real. 

We just have to move our pennies around accordingly. 

7 hours ago, arrow said:

China said on Monday that married couples may have up to three children, a major policy shift from the existing limit of two after recent data showed a dramatic decline in births in the world's most populous country.

Now I'm confused. I thought China was financing the evil global elite WEF illuminati in their quest for drastic global population reduction to 500M? Maybe they are making sure only non-Chinese get the poison vax... 

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

Now I'm confused. I thought China was financing the evil global elite WEF illuminati in their quest for drastic global population reduction to 500M? Maybe they are making sure only non-Chinese get the poison vax... 

Someone in the CCP has done the maths, and realised they are about 10 years away from disaster.  Comrade, those ghost cities are going to fill right up with rural farmers right?  Right????

China's working-age population has peaked -- and that's an ...

Talking Monkey
6 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

Someone in the CCP has done the maths, and realised they are about 10 years away from disaster.  Comrade, those ghost cities are going to fill right up with rural farmers right?  Right????

China's working-age population has peaked -- and that's an ...

Looking at those working age population percentages out to end century, it falls but with automation and tech as we move through the century they'll probably not be needed

1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

given we know temperature change precedes Co2 change

news to me lol

well NOAA appears to be contradicting itself with this 'lower c02 equals lower temps' yet they're reporting higher temps on the planet

Sounds like a 'fucknose sandwich' to me :P anyways I'm tuning in for the next 'solar micronova' whatever the fucknose that is too :o

1 hour ago, Talking Monkey said:

Looking at those working age population percentages out to end century, it falls but with automation and tech as we move through the century they'll probably not be needed

In a nutshell China is getting old before its getting rich, its interesting reading from the article how many people are priced out of having children.  How Western!

Robots are good at many things, but it will be a long time till they are looking after the elderly.  It will probably happen in my lifetime, but not quickly enough for the CCP.

10 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

This is true TC. My only concern is the rate of change, which is key to any system. The Earth has proven itself well capable of handling much higher CO2 levels, many times. The only devils advocate argument I have with myself is "is it happening quicker than Earth can adjust and regulate?"

But then I think, mega volcanoes were worse, and instantaneous.

We all know we are all going to be forced to wear the climate change hair shirt for 10+ years then an asteroid or volcano is going to put us all back underground.

Fuck that, fuck them, fuck off, fuck fuckety fuck fuck!

working woman

Hmmmm Plastics........

Where I work, large clothing company, pretty much every single item of clothing gets packed in the factory into it's own individual plastic bag. When it gets to the stores, we unpack it and send all the plastic bags off for recycling. It is a huge amount of plastic. Also, what a waste of time, packing and unpacking............

We are just moving over to paper carrier bags, probably due to customer demand. I wonder what the customers would say if they saw the mountains of plastic bags in our stock rooms, from the deliveries,  waiting to be collected for recycling.

I wonder what the greener alternative is / will be?

I did work for a more expensive boutique years ago and the deliveries of clothes that came in were pre-hung on hangers and brought in on rails, with one large plastic bag covering each style (10-12 garments). Apparently this was a more expensive way of transporting clothes.

Oh, did I mention just hangers? All the kids hangers get thrown away, hundreds of them every week. Just by one store. A shocking waste.

Many of the clothes are polyester, so also made from oil.

I can't see the demand for oil dropping off anytime soon in the fashion industry. By it's very nature, it is totally unsustainable in it's current form.

And don't get me started on the numerous customers who only want to pay a tenner - grrrrrr.   

Interesting times ahead.

Sea temperatures rising?.  End of June last year, went to the beach hoping for a swim, the coldest I have ever known it, even after all those warm, sunny Spring Lockdown days.  I waded in up to my knees and that was enough for me.  It was like ice. Glad I am not a fish. Thank cod.

I'm also interested to see if this Bank Holiday, with many people out and about enjoying themselves, (who can blame them), will affect the spread of the new Scariant.  

Archived