DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

Noallegiance
3 hours ago, Starsend said:

I went to Aldi an hour ago. They had a sign outside which basically said wear a mask or don't, whatevs man.

There must have been a hundred people in there of all ages. Aside from myself and one other young woman every single one of the tards had a mask on.

I was expecting some to continue wearing masks but was pretty shocked at how many.

Just back from my local Aldi.

Circa 100 people. Me + less than 10 without a mask.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
leonardratso
4 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Awesome. I go to none of those anyway.

sounds like bull, young guy in the shop just told me town was heaving last night, not a mask in sight. I cant see them lining up like ducks to start wearing masks/getting vaccinated so they can go out on the piss/pull, fake passports like fake ids will make a killing.

leonardratso
2 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Just back from my local Aldi.

Circa 100 people. Me + less than 10 without a mask.

did they look at you and point while screaming 'unclean' 'unclean', 'burn the witch'...?

mind you maybe its not devon.

Interesting 3 family members have tested positive ages 18,21,36 rough week for two of them and back to normal whilst the 21 year old still abit rough as its only been a few days 

One of them is fully vaccinated

Was just talking about it with my partner on the dog walk, with these covid passport announcements i can see people kicking off, there's a few videos of protests in France but media not really talking about it

Government seems to be dividing the country into tribes

Masks vs Maskless

Vaccinated vs unvaccinated  

Brexit etc.....

bolox man...was in Aldi and no staff had masks on Kings Norton , Birmingham . I went in with mine on but after two minutes took it off. I wear mine out of respect for the staff .. I believe half of the customers were not wearing a mask. I have decided that my marker is to be ...if the staff wear masks then so will I.... If not then bolox man..away we ya.

Noallegiance
25 minutes ago, macca said:

Why is the private sector always wanting tax payers money to create innovation? From Big pharma to Jeff Bezos $10 billion so him and his brother can go to space.. Why don't they pay for it themselves the corrupt greedy parasites..

Because the attitude that 'what's yours is mine' knows not the divide of wealth?

As DB has previously stated; the top and the bottom take from the middle.

2 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Government seems to be dividing the country into tribes

Masks vs Maskless

Vaccinated vs unvaccinated  

Brexit etc.....

Divide and conquer has always been the way! What's new?

You can have a few if immigration makes the country better or worse, But governments almost egging on the population that immigration is the reason they are poor is just not true.. People don't have the same life chances as their piers because of government and banks destruction of the economy and society. Immigration is a diversionary tactic to keep Dorothy from seeing what's behind the curtain. 

8 hours ago, headrow said:

Not buying this dip , just sat here watching which gets hurt the most waiting for them to reach my buy point , if i miss out then i miss out.

Ashmore , Phoenix Group , DS Smith and AG Barr is what i want but i want them at least 20% cheaper than they are trading at today. I've got 6 months of dividends to reinvest , what i have learnt on my share dealing journey is to wait for the market to come to me instead of chasing it all over the place. I've not lost a nights sleep worrying about missing out on an opportunity but lost a few due to jumping in too soon.

BAG has been one of my best performers, and when everyone was cutting/stopping their divis in 2020 it continued to yield...aa long as they don't put bottles of IrnBru in the press briefings when Ronaldo comes to visit we should be OK :-)

Who has the Jab?

My feeling is to know the long term effects of a drug or vaccine, you must test it for a long time. 5 years or more!

Scientists can say its safe, but surely without long term data they are just guessing? 

Is that not the reason drugs take years to become legal and available?

Only time will tell us if this experiment is safe and effective..

Also government and pharma are not exactly trust worthy..

feeding meat to cows BSE

Asbestos in talcum powder 

setting off nuclear bombs next to sailors and soldiers to see what it did to them

chemical weapons testing on soldiers 

experimental drugs on African children who died

They are awash with dark history of human murder for cash

RickyBacker

Just watched a great documentary about the 'Power of the Fed'. Explains everything from the crisis of 2008 until present day. Almost half a million views on You Tube after only a few days. Slowly but surely people are waking up to this crazy economic game.

Democorruptcy
14 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Lockdown is unwinding here because the Toffs at CCHQ are starting to see the collateral damage it has caused.They won't have antoehr lcokdown without furlough and they won't furlough again because quite simply they can't afford to.

It will be one of the excuses for needing a wealth tax, can't be long now.

I wonder if pension pots will be taken into account for it?

JimmyTheBruce
7 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

BAG has been one of my best performers, and when everyone was cutting/stopping their divis in 2020 it continued to yield...aa long as they don't put bottles of IrnBru in the press briefings when Ronaldo comes to visit we should be OK :-)

This is the problem I have with dividend data.  Investing.com, yahoo, HL, etc all show a zero dividend for BAG.  Even their own investor pages are out of date:

https://www.agbarr.co.uk/investors/⠀⠀dividends/

It seems you have to buy the bloody thing to actually find out for sure... or believe a bunch of weirdos in a basement on the Internet.....😉

1 hour ago, JimmyTheBruce said:

This is the problem I have with dividend data.  Investing.com, yahoo, HL, etc all show a zero dividend for BAG.  Even their own investor pages are out of date:

It seems you have to buy the bloody thing to actually find out for sure... or believe a bunch of weirdos in a basement on the Internet.....😉

Sorry just checked and I was wrong, got it confused with another share. That said, since buying over a year ago it has given me steady performance i.e. never dropped below 25% profit.

8 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

I was going to pull the trigger on BAG a while ago but then found they had lost the contract with Rockstar for the cans of energy drinks , i worked in retail for 20 years and when we ordered from Barr back then cans of Rockstar were easily a good 50% of the order. It spooked me and i didn't buy. 

I live off my dividends so that is the number one criteria to me when investing , i would never buy anything without a yield but Barr have promised they are coming back. I have a few in my portfolio who aren't paying at the moment , Carnival , Centrica , Go Ahead and Stagecoach. I really should dump them but hopefully in 2/3 years time they too are in a position to resume payouts. Last year i took a 10k haircut on what i earn from my dividends but with the amount of shares i bought at the lows of Spring 2020 i am well on the way to recouping that this tax year. I only work cash in hand jobs now if i have to and the amount of work i get offered is unbelievable , helping a builder last week , £100 for 4 hours work 9 till 1. Tesco is about the only place left taking cash so i've been going in and spending £100 on booze every day , they have some great compost at 2 bags for £6 as well , mix a bit of grit in with it and my cannabis plants thrive in it. I retired 5 years ago at 48 , being single there was no point in carrying on working , i have no intentions of spending shitloads doing up a house , driving a fancy car , expensive holidays. I live very frugally and love it , i deleted my CV 5 years ago and haven't regretted it once. I would say i am totally unemployable in a job that involves dealing with people now. Which is a great comfort to me.

15 hours ago, Harley said:

Not me, I never give tips!  I'm already 1.9% total portfolio value so I'm now in the deckchair for that one.  There was a buy signal in May21 on the daily, Jun21 on the weekly, and Jul21 on the monthly.  That's 12%, 12%, and 6%.  So I lost 6% playing the more certain monthly.  Not good so review time to consider going back to weekly data.  What I really need is a laddering approach based on the interplay between the weekly and monthly data.  As the the macro reasons why, not a clue but that's the way it is and a reason will be along soon!  Data is your friend.  Talk is cheap!

PS: VGOV and IBGL a little less clear but want to follow.  Key is to understand the underlying currency movements.

I've had 4 bites at it , 363p , 365p , 368p and 370p. I don't know why i didn't just buy it all in one go. Sometimes i just have to buy something!

2 hours ago, JimmyTheBruce said:

Here you go, I think this is what you are looking for [about half way down]

https://www.sharesmagazine.co.uk/shares/share/BAG

45 minutes ago, headrow said:

I live off my dividends so that is the number one criteria to me when investing , i would never buy anything without a yield but Barr have promised they are coming back. I have a few in my portfolio who aren't paying at the moment , Carnival , Centrica , Go Ahead and Stagecoach. I really should dump them but hopefully in 2/3 years time they too are in a position to resume payouts

I think this is the point...2020 showed us all that dividends are not guaranteed and can be pulled at any time. When this happens you don't have an Income share, just a poorly performing Growth share!

48 minutes ago, headrow said:

I retired 5 years ago at 48 , being single there was no point in carrying on working , i have no intentions of spending shitloads doing up a house , driving a fancy car , expensive holidays. I live very frugally and love it , i deleted my CV 5 years ago and haven't regretted it once.

I wish I had come to the same realization as you ten years ago....its only when 'events' happen that you realize a career, peer group status, possessions, and more than a basic income count for very little in the 'scheme of things'...I think others on here have come to the same realization or like me are 'late arrivals at the party' and are just starting to 'dance' :-)

1 hour ago, DoINeedOne said:

Abit off topic but like @Bobthebuilder has talked about heat-pumps are aload of bollocks

I've always liked the guy.  Been very useful.  I totally agree having looked at all this in detail over several months several years ago.  Fine if you build a house around the pump(!) but no way as a retrofit for many properties.

Noallegiance
16 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

Portfolio has taken a real hit past two days. Down 7%. Worst hit since March 2020.

I'll be interested to see if it's another sign of the volatility and short sharp corrections in a melt up. 

Trying to let it play.

2 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Abit off topic but like @Bobthebuilder has talked about heat-pumps are aload of bollocks

The only problem with 'Heated jackets' is when you want to shower...or procreate! :-)

Archived