DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

PatronizingGit
5 hours ago, Mapper said:

Iceland boss saying inflation is inevitable. It's hardly a "chilling" warning for anybody here, but it struck me that they really are afraid of inflation getting ingrained in the public mindset. I guess some part of any inflation spiral is in fact psychological and tptb think they can head it off at the pass, if they convince people that the danger is all in their heads.

Anyway, the Iceland boss just comes out and says it. But, he does blame it on wage increases for drivers. Nothing about other raw inputs going up in price. Which made me think things are really going to get out hand when energy prices go up, but nobody talks about that.

https://news.sky.com/video/icelands-chilling-warning-on-consumer-prices-12397577

Nothing happens without reason (the reason being to allow the wealthy to get wealthier) 

I wonder if this heralds the end of the property supercycle.

Higher rates will force many homeowners to sell. The big banking cartels are looking at becoming far bigger landlords, so will load up. The inflation itself will mean limited, if any, fall in nominal house prices (much like 70s property cycle was defined by fast price rises, then slow ones, but no 1989-1995 or 2007-2009 type nominal falls. 

More concentrated property ownership by the city plays into the 'own nothing and be happy' social engineering programme.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New record high electric price, luckily (?) German prices are also past their 2008 peak so its not just UK suffering, the emergency Diesel Gennies/coal mustn't have enough capacity to keep a lid on it.

I just listened very carefully to a minister say people with income should pay towards social care, and then "inflected" and said "....and assets".  There you go, wealth tax, etc?  There is clearly a narrative at play here, not just to divert attention from the pandemic.  Is this the thin end of the wedge for the plandemic agenda to enter the personal finance space and our assets?  It was going to happen!

Chewing Grass
30 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

75% chance of lights going out tonight?  Also West Burton (coal) was producing for £3950/MWH at 8:23 this morning. O.o

Looks like a test firing to make sure it still works.

21 minutes ago, Harley said:

Silver (in GBP) looking bullish today (pullback now due)?

I hope so.

Based on the projected 12-fold increase to 2030 ($25 to $300), I'm using silver as a cheap storage medium for future large purchases that I would otherwise be unable to afford such as a nice house in the SE and a fantastic (don't be nosey!) 40th anniversary holiday for my wife, children and grandchildren in 2028.

Yeah, I'm using the "fail to plan - plan to fail" principle.  

Read on here the other day someone say they were selling their shares due to a fear that we're on the precipice of a BK.

Now SIPP aside, im 99% cash and have the opposite feeling, so have put 2 limit orders in for £6000 each, one with VODA at 115p, the other with BP at 295p.

Finally getting round to spending the money set aside to buy a house, if only i had done so this time last year.:CryBaby:

Certainly not a recommendation now but I posted an interview with Johnathan Davis a week or so back where he mentioned the Uranium Miner fund GCL.  Up 33% since then!  But look at the chart.  Certainly a sector to watch!

Capture.thumb.PNG.2579adcc62b6b6ae838dd7752d5598d2.PNG

4 minutes ago, Harley said:

Certainly not a recommendation now but I posted an interview with Johnathan Davis a week or so back where he mentioned the Uranium Miner fund GCL.  Up 33% since then!  But look at the chart.  Certainly a sector to watch!

Capture.thumb.PNG.2579adcc62b6b6ae838dd7752d5598d2.PNG

Nice find! I own a few of the components which have done well. Might stick a bit into this as well. 

HousePriceMania

Does anyone have any view on whether CV19 is going to be a winter cyclical thing ?

If so, how many deaths do you think will be acceptable to Boris before Lockdown is imposed again ?

image.png.bd0e0c7b5096bb6d9b0e75fadc29b628.png

One way or another, this winter is going to be one of the most interesting we've had for some time.

Bearish abandoned baby candle on NEM on Friday?  One more clear out before the possibility of moving higher?  So goes NEM so goes the sector?  Has been technically well behaved with a nice bullish cup and handled followed by a recent bearish head and shoulders.

34 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Does anyone have any view on whether CV19 is going to be a winter cyclical thing ?

If so, how many deaths do you think will be acceptable to Boris before Lockdown is imposed again ?

One way or another, this winter is going to be one of the most interesting we've had for some time.

The data is all BS, deaths maybe a little less so (but ADE, etc classified as CV?).  The data will say what the govt wants it to say, as will the advisors/controllers, if not recently!  This is absolutely not about a virus per se.  IMO better to study political agendas, etc than such "stats".

28 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

I  cant decide whether winter will be a C19 *or* flu deaths - C19 tends to have halted flu deaths.

Or ..

C19 *and* flu.

Going by the number if little old ladies I've seen out n about, theres still enough dry kindling in the UK.

46 minutes ago, harp said:

Nice find! I own a few of the components which have done well. Might stick a bit into this as well. 

I see the new Sprott Uranium fund (formerly the Participation Corp) has also done well (up 23% last week).  It's been a volatile time at the start of the fund as is not untypical.  Gapped up last week so maybe a pullback due.  Also now at a premium and they said they would issue more shares when this happens (i.e. buy more uranium).  Another interesting long term chart.  Lyn Alden just wrote a piece for her admirers on the uranium space!

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Looks like a test firing to make sure it still works.

Possible but unlikely, the intercontinental links are at capacity and the pumped storage was up earlier so it looks like supply/demand mismatch.

Anybody have any thoughts on buying Rio Tinto / BHP? Rio is yielding over 9% (almost 13% including the special) and BHP over 10%.

EXTRA JUICY dividends, very tempting to buy but how sustainable are they? We've had a good run up in commodity prices the last year.

Anybody else buying?

HousePriceMania
52 minutes ago, Harley said:

The data is all BS, deaths maybe a little less so (but ADE, etc classified as CV?).  The data will say what the govt wants it to say, as will the advisors/controllers, if not recently!  This is absolutely not about a virus per se.  IMO better to study political agendas, etc than such "stats".

That's true generally but unless they are pushing for another lock down I'd say the death figures were more likely to have been manipulated last year !!!

11 minutes ago, Starsend said:

Anybody have any thoughts on buying Rio Tinto / BHP? Rio is yielding over 9% (almost 13% including the special) and BHP over 10%.

EXTRA JUICY dividends, very tempting to buy but how sustainable are they? We've had a good run up in commodity prices the last year.

Anybody else buying?

I hold both.  DYOR but I just skipped buying more this week but it was close as I lightened up ahead of the recent falls.  I see BHP gapped down on 02Sep21 so may bounce to fill the gap.  Alas the div just passed on the 01Sep21 (if my feed is correct), to be paid 21Sep21.  RIO did the same thing just before they went ex-div on 12Aug21 and is bouncing.  You could argue this is a possible time to buy if this just a pullback and you can wait for the next div (which looks like typically every 6 months).  Then again, they have done very well for a while now and nothing lasts.  Is BHP going off the LSE to the Sydney exchange (losing its dual listing) following the merger with WPL (another I hold, at a loss)?  Again, not advice, DYOR.

6 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Yes I do support the triple lock, the UK pension is one of the poorest in Europe

An oft-repeated claim, but it's nonsense as far as I can tell:

https://fullfact.org/europe/pensioners-eu-uk/

Even if it is true, so what? The rest of Europe are also sitting on a 'demographic timebomb' with a huge mismatch between the numbers of people expecting to retire on a state pension and the numbers of workers expected to pay them.

and people WORKED hard to pay for it, s are entitled to get what they thought they were paying for.

Actually they WORKED to pay for the pensions of the generations that preceded them, which in the case of the baby boomers was considerably thinned out by two world wars. I personally don't think that being too thick to spot a demographic imbalance coming down the pipeline is a particularly good excuse to claim that people are entitled to beggar the generation following them no matter what.

As for taxes, none of us like those, but the issue that ultimately will cause a rise in taxes is not the triple lock, but the way the current government has squandered tax receipts on `fighting` the Covid `crisis`.

Oh right, so the government was running a surplus until Covid came along yeah? And nobody was concerned about the affordability of the triple lock prior that that point?9_9

12 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

That's true generally but unless they are pushing for another lock down I'd say the death figures were more likely to have been manipulated last year !!!

Again, all depends to where they want to go, and that's not science based.

1 hour ago, Rave said:

..............sitting on a 'demographic timebomb' with a huge mismatch between the numbers of people expecting to retire on a state pension and the numbers of workers expected to pay them.

I don't think the government are all that concerned about the oldies in the population and the social care sector either.  I think they are secretly hoping the social care system falls apart and families are forced to care for their elderly relatives as was always the case until very recently.  It's still the case for families from other parts of the world.  If I were a real conspiracist I would say the whole plandemic is to weed out the old and unhealthy from the population as they know social care (and pensions?) is unaffordable.  Of course no-one would say such a thing.

It will also mean women return to the home to do the caring and the next thing to be hit in the same way will be childcare which will just become unaffordable and the business models of the childcare providers will become unviable in the same way the business models of old peoples' homes.  There will be a lot of squealing before it all falls apart and especially from women.

I worked for a few years as a self-employed childminder working from home while my children were young as one of the very few ways to earn some income from home whilst also being on hand for my kids.  I don't think I'd recommend it although I did like being my own boss.  Most people regarded me as their personal skivvy especially the professional types.  There was one woman probation officer who I just had to get rid of when she started to treat me as one of her "clients".  You should have seen her face when I suggested she could always look after her kid herself.

I had a thought earlier.  Regardless of the rights/wrongs of issuing billions in COVID related support (SEISS, bounceback, etc)...what are the government going to do if we get Hunter's bust?  

More of the same?  Nothing? Somewhere in the middle?

Seems to me they shot their wad far too early when it wasn't even necessary (Based on my thoughts on the "pandemic", starting April 2020  I freely said I was happy to continue working the whole time, but that means nothing when everywhere is shut)

3 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

I've now convinced myself it's a mass extinction event (cos the chinkies brewed something dangerous)

I think TPTB realised this, panicked and rushed out a load of dangerous vaxs that will lead to ADE deaths and the 'mutating monkey bat stew' will keep killing folks too

dunno how long the cunts in the CBs will be able to keep the 'spending spree' going lol BUT expect MASSIVE DEFLATION in everything arriving sometime....

Disclaimer: I like to speculate sometimes xD

Archived