DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

All these Robinhooders would be better off just buying physical gold and silver. Relentlessly. 

The bankers can't stop them. They can't print the gold/silver. Eventually the market will find the right price.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Democorruptcy
17 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Robin Hood have started selling people's shares without their permission. Due to "volatility". 

Sold 500k worth just like that. 

Screenshot_20210128_185009_com.twitter.android.jpg

Scandalous, current chart

gme.jpg

2 minutes ago, Errol said:

Eventually the market will find the right price.

what a load of shite! the markets are manipulated to fuck especially Gold and Silver! I bet you've calling for Gold to the moon since 2008? :P

6 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

I bet you've calling for Gold to the moon since 2008? :P

No, since 2000. Gone up hundreds and hundreds of percent. 

But still not really started yet.

2 minutes ago, Errol said:

No, since 2000. Gone up hundreds and hundreds of percent. I have a receipt for £230 an ounce gold.

:wanker:

every

single

time

Got this email this morning.

Dear Customer,

In addition to my recent email of the 20th of January regarding a number of price increases that will come into effect on the 1st February, we have been made aware of another price increase on Acetone.
With this in mind, we have no choice but to replace the previous stated increase of 15% on this material and increase it to 30% as of the 1st of February. 
I apologise for the very late notice of the additional increase, but the current situation surrounding this particular material is fast moving and ever changing.
It goes without saying, that we intend to keep a very close eye on this matter, and will endeavour to reduce our price as soon as we are able to.
Yours sincerely,

Chris Willey
General Manager
CFSNET LTD

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Those in the know sell their stocks take profits on longs yesterday after it went mainstream and go short. Knowing people were going to be shut out today?

Does in the know include  companies providing recapitalisation funds direct to largely smaller companies with/without an agreement to pre-short the company a matching amount in advance of the capital raising?

What happens if in the background they short more themselves directly or indirectly, or give the nod to the pack hyena hedge funds after making their position.

What happens to those companies?

As a side note is the ex head of the FED Bernanke involved with Citadel?

9 minutes ago, Errol said:

k well done Milton Friedman ;).......I hate the fecking shiny shite! Look at PA today, big boys took it up to get the Gold juices running then just slammed the fooker back down again 9_9

NB yes we should have a 'gold standard' but alas tis gone so the best use for it nowadays is get a fecking prince albert and give someone a bit o pleasure xD

friedman.png

Democorruptcy

Just had a search of the Robinhood TCs for volatility or risk and cannot see where they suggest they have the power to make investment decisions on your behalf. Quite the opposite:

The Content is not intended to provide financial, legal, tax or investment adviceor recommendations. You are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, investment strategyor related transaction is appropriate for you based on your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances and risk tolerance. Youshould consult your legal or tax professional regarding your specific situation.

RobinhoodFinancial provides self-directed investors with discount brokerage services, and does not make recommendations or offer investment advice of any kind. You are solely responsible for evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any Content provided through the Service before making any decisions based on such Content. You agree not to hold Robinhood or anyThird-Party Provider liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on the Content or other information made available to you through the Service or any Third-Party Provider websites.Past performance data should not be construed as indicative of future results.

https://cdn.robinhood.com/assets/robinhood/legal/Robinhood Terms and Conditions.pdf

hmm, apparently webull and tdamerica opened up the buys again, dunno though

sorry wrong thread, but anyways.

47 minutes ago, Errol said:

About 12% pa on the average in GBP.  NIce little earner if you play calm.

40 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Just had a search of the Robinhood TCs for volatility or risk and cannot see where they suggest they have the power to make investment decisions on your behalf. Quite the opposite:

Class action lawsuit time ?

ThoughtCriminal
6 minutes ago, Bricormortis said:

Class action lawsuit time ?

Funny you mention that. 

Class action lawsuit has been filed against Robin hood 

geordie_lurch

TPTB are officially worried... "We are worried about the integrity of the marketplace and the clearing system,” Peterffy said on CNBC’s “Closing Bell” on Thursday.

Interactive Brokers chairman Thomas Peterffy said the broker’s move to curb trading in speculative names was to safeguard the market and the clearing firms that settle the trades.

“We are concerned about the ability of the market and the clearing systems, through the onslaught of orders, to continue to provide liquidity. And we are concerned about the financial viability of intermediaries and the clearing houses,” he added.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/interactive-brokers-restricted-gamestop-trading-to-protect-the-market-says-chairman-peterffy.html

6 hours ago, leonardratso said:

seems like a good time to fuck up a good fund (now noone will notice);

NINETY ONE ENHANCED NAT RES I ACC - Important Information

Proposed Merger of Ninety One Enhanced Natural Resources I ACC (Natural Resources) Fund with Ninety One Global Environment I Acc (Environment) Fund.

Holders will receive New Environment units at a rate yet to be determined.

Important Information & Other Key Dates:

On 6th January 2021 Ninety One announced a proposed Merger of its Natural Resources Fund with its Environment Fund.

The Merger is subject to shareholder approval at the Investor Meeting to be held on 10th February 2021.

Following such approval the Merger is expected to become effective on 5th March 2021..

Should you retain your holding we will update your account upon receipt of the New units which we expect to be on or after the 8th March 2021.

The number of New units issued will be different from the number of units you currently hold due to the price difference between the two Funds . However your New units will have the same value immediately after the Merger as that of your Existing units immediately prior to the Merger.

If you wish to sell your Existing Global Energy Fund units the last day on which they could be sold would be the 4th March 2021. Please ensure any sale requests are submitted to us, leaving sufficient time for the transaction to be processed and prior to the 11.15am deadline.

As with any change in a Fund you should review the latest Key Investor Information Document (KIID). This can be accessed through our online service under the market information section or be requested through our call centre.

Should you wish to find more information about the Merger, please visit the Ninety One website, www.ninetyone.com/

I hold this in my SIPP, I am a bit concerned.  It's more green/carbon bollocks.

If I wanted to invest in that, I would.  ¬¬

GET THIS CRAP OUT OF MY PORTFOLIO

smash.gif.7064b373bc11ee2cdb7ce232f67609cb.gif

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

I hold this in my SIPP, I am a bit concerned.  It's more green/carbon bollocks.

If I wanted to invest in that, I would.  ¬¬

GET THIS CRAP OUT OF MY PORTFOLIO

smash.gif.7064b373bc11ee2cdb7ce232f67609cb.gif

@Ma2 mentioned a JPM one i havent checked it yet, but he wasnt ecstatic about it, i might just grab out some of the nat res ones from  91 and go it alone.

* sorry wasnt not was (just fixed it).

"Myron said he had since been locked out of his account and unable to use it while his identity is being checked. But when he gains access again, he plans to take out the £1,000 he has in it and call a halt.

Though hoping to go into investment banking after he gets his degree, he said he was disillusioned by what he sees as "market manipulation" directed against people like him."

Myron, who has had an account on the Trading 212 platform since August last year, said he had lost £30 on Gamestop shares, which he owned for "a couple of hours" and sold when he saw what was happening.

Just now, leonardratso said:

@Ma2 mentioned a JPM one i havent checked it yet, but he was ecstatic about it, i might just grab out some of the nat res ones from  91 and go it alone.

Good idea given the situation 

Archived