• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Sky pool, would you?

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes, looks ace.

Though you'd have to remember to have a wee beforehand.

That usually does not help as any immersion in any water colder than body temperature results in the body wanting to wee - to get rid of cold fluids in order to keep the core warm. So the body will draw liquid from elsewhere in the body and want to expel it even when jumping into warmish water that is cooler than the body.

1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That was all a bit complicated, an RPG to the bottom of the pool while the bloke was in it would have done the trick.

Yeah, but we would not have then seen how strong Jas is free-climbing up at the side of a skyscraper.

What worries me about these sky pools is the current that you can create whilst swimming - basically you create a wave that moves along just behind you. I would be worried about the momentum of the wave pushing me up, out and over.

Nope! 
I see absolutely zero good reasons to place my well-being... trust my life, to some architect / engineers idea of what might be possible. 
I'm sure it's probably safe enough.  They'll have done all the sums the think they need to.

But, fuck you and your probably.  This is like that first guy who built a railway bridge over the Tay*, and its users are the enthusiastic souls who got a thrill from being so close to the white-hot breath of the future.

*Tam Bouch.  He'd done his sums, and it looked good on paper.  But the wind-speed hadn't been measured in the middle of the estuary, 100 feet up, and as it turned out, it's stronger there.  And the iron girders weren't quite as strong as his paper said they were.   Who knew?
Ach, we'll ken the next time.

Peak London dumb investment scams.

New build is crashing.

Chinkys have gone.

London is not Miami - dreary northern european country that is cold n wet most of the time.

Just some soon to be laid of properdee devs, doign soemthing before the p45

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Have you not seen the clip above?  o.O

Did you not read your article ?

Workers can be seen cutting steel to measure and polishing the acrylic pool structure at their base in Colorado, USA.

10 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Nope! 
I see absolutely zero good reasons to place my well-being... trust my life, to some architect / engineers idea of what might be possible. 
I'm sure it's probably safe enough.  They'll have done all the sums the think they need to.

But, fuck you and your probably.  This is like that first guy who built a railway bridge over the Tay*, and its users are the enthusiastic souls who got a thrill from being so close to the white-hot breath of the future.

*Tam Bouch.  He'd done his sums, and it looked good on paper.  But the wind-speed hadn't been measured in the middle of the estuary, 100 feet up, and as it turned out, it's stronger there.  And the iron girders weren't quite as strong as his paper said they were.   Who knew?
Ach, we'll ken the next time.

I had forgotten about that disaster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_Bridge_disaster

Just now, Hopeful said:

Ahh, the difference between the Sciences and the Social Sciences

xD

pits just as rigorous I’ll have you know, just on a different way. :)

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

I'm just chipping in without having watched or read any of the attached clips and articles.

As is the dosbods way. 👍