DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Argo Blockchain #ARB

deathfunk

201p

I'm not too worried about the placement - it goes with the territory with growth companies.

The last one was 80p, so that should be a floor then. Now the stock floor should be £2 - but no guarantees.

• Informative 2
  • Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vendetta

• Popuplights

• Hardhat

• Yadda yadda yadda

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A massive thank you for pointing me in the direction of this @deathfunk It is not often I get a 16x bagger. I am sure it has a lot more to run and hope it goes to the moon. I have made

Big seller, rumored to be Timis, selling out. Some 41m shares, which explains the subdued price the last few weeks. Meant to be required in order for NASDAQ listing, he has less than 3% now so should

Opening up at £1.10 tomorrow morning and I imagine if BTC stays level or goes up we could see £1.20 before the Yanks blow it up to £1.30.    This could keep getting pumped up all the way to £2

Posted Images

hapax legomenon

Something brewing. My guess is they have the change to buy a load of new machines unexpectedly back on the market, maybe originally destined for China before their purge. 

Popuplights
11 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

Something brewing. My guess is they have the change to buy a load of new machines unexpectedly back on the market, maybe originally destined for China before their purge. 

I hope so. My faith in this one is starting to waiver a bit.

hapax legomenon
2 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

I hope so. My faith in this one is starting to waiver a bit.

It is the one share in my portfolio that I am 100% certain will triple from here, only question is how long it will take!

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 2
goldbug9999

Interesting that bitcoin now appears to be fully decoupled from tesla/nasdaq/"tech", this is in my opinion massively bullish for it and derivatives like ARGO .

The question in my mind is - will US retail punters use the stimulus checks to buy the NASDAQ dip vs bitcoin, I expect to see both but not sure where will take you lions share.

Edited by goldbug9999
  • Agree 1
Popuplights

Strange price action today. Closed down 5%, was mostly flat all day. RIOT and MARA both up significantly today, around 30%. Presumably off the back of the BTC run-up. Different markets of course. 

Sill HODLING. 

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...
deathfunk

Not worth a new thread on its own so i thought I would just drop this here.

$6bn btc options expire March 26th and the big boys will try and keep bitty in the high 50s until then.

Marathon sees unusual implied volatility in their April 16 options.

Which by my reckoning makes 19:45 (UK time - 15 mins before Nasdaq close) on Friday a great time to put a swing bet on Marathon. This assumes bitty is broadly flat through the week. Get in Mara low 40s and sell low 70s after a week or so.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/implied-volatility-surging-marathon-mara-124012818.html

• Informative 5
wherebee
6 hours ago, deathfunk said:

Not worth a new thread on its own so i thought I would just drop this here.

$6bn btc options expire March 26th and the big boys will try and keep bitty in the high 50s until then.

Marathon sees unusual implied volatility in their April 16 options.

Which by my reckoning makes 19:45 (UK time - 15 mins before Nasdaq close) on Friday a great time to put a swing bet on Marathon. This assumes bitty is broadly flat through the week. Get in Mara low 40s and sell low 70s after a week or so.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/implied-volatility-surging-marathon-mara-124012818.html

well i'm down 200 bucks on my ARB so far.  It's my play on BTC without having to have BTC.  Working out well so far.... :P

• Cheers 1
janch

I've been wavering for the past few days and I've just sold but I can't complain as it made me a fair bit.  I'd already taken some profit. I will see what BTCs doing and could rejoin later maybe.  Since it was purely speculative I hadn't put much in to start with so no megabucks for me......yet:D

deathfunk
32 minutes ago, janch said:

I've been wavering for the past few days and I've just sold but I can't complain as it made me a fair bit.  I'd already taken some profit. I will see what BTCs doing and could rejoin later maybe.  Since it was purely speculative I hadn't put much in to start with so no megabucks for me......yet:D

There's a huge options expiry tomorrow which often signals a turnaround. Bulls are staying away until then. It's too early to say if the market will continue its downtrend until after tomorrow.

• Agree 1
hapax legomenon

Holding on for £10, which seems to be a conservative target this year if you believe the likes of Blonity

• Cheers 1
Popuplights
1 hour ago, hapax legomenon said:

Holding on for £10, which seems to be a conservative target this year if you believe the likes of Blonity

#metoo

• Cheers 1
Hardhat

Same here. My only pure gamble in the portfolio and it's a fairly big one.

• Agree 2
deathfunk

Hello again, Argonauts. Just to say that Marathon with today's news of being the "only" (?!) compliant mining pool in NA are now fighting a strong war on every front. 4,800 hodl, 10.37 EH by 2022 and now their own "compliant" (?!) mining pool.

IMO they are looking like "The Winner". Their SP has been outperforming Riot recently. This is important because "The Winner" is likely to achieve a higher PE than the laggards.

As I have said, all well run crypto miners like Argo will be big winners until Nov 21 at least and are still extremely strong buy and holds. This is merely to moot who the biggest winner of all will be as I know many people will have a number of crypto stocks at this stage in the cycle.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3
hapax legomenon
3 hours ago, deathfunk said:

Hello again, Argonauts. Just to say that Marathon with today's news of being the "only" (?!) compliant mining pool in NA are now fighting a strong war on every front. 4,800 hodl, 10.37 EH by 2022 and now their own "compliant" (?!) mining pool.

IMO they are looking like "The Winner". Their SP has been outperforming Riot recently. This is important because "The Winner" is likely to achieve a higher PE than the laggards.

As I have said, all well run crypto miners like Argo will be big winners until Nov 21 at least and are still extremely strong buy and holds. This is merely to moot who the biggest winner of all will be as I know many people will have a number of crypto stocks at this stage in the cycle.

Any thoughts on Pluto and NFTs? My understand is that Pluto were focused on 'proof of stake' yet they seem to be looking at NFTs which I cannot see any value in, or if there is, will be a bubble that will pop.

MARA are promising jam tomorrow, whether they will deliver or not is another thing. 

deathfunk
7 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

Any thoughts on Pluto and NFTs? My understand is that Pluto were focused on 'proof of stake' yet they seem to be looking at NFTs which I cannot see any value in, or if there is, will be a bubble that will pop.

MARA are promising jam tomorrow, whether they will deliver or not is another thing. 

I don't know anything about Pluto and think NFTs are a bit of bullshit. I know next to nothing about any of this stuff. I just follow the capital.

I understand a lot of MARA's SP performance and momo is due to the 10.37EH by 2022 which may or may not transpire but saying that I have made a lot of jam off them this month, last month and the month before. At the moment the price action here and Riot has been super predictable which makes for hyper profitable trading. I'm going to ride this piglet until it stops paying out. Then I will have to do some bloody research and find another piglet, maybe a NFT piglet.

I have had some luck of late with AMTX - they do carbon negative energy production. Somehow. Science or whatever. The market is spunking itself over them lately. If it was November I might be looking to jump the swinging crypto ship and onto that one.

Sorry. I know almost nothing about any of this tech. I just chase the capital like a 5th rate momo lunatic. But my numbers in this market are insane.

• Informative 1
hapax legomenon
8 minutes ago, deathfunk said:

I don't know anything about Pluto and think NFTs are a bit of bullshit. I know next to nothing about any of this stuff. I just follow the capital.

I understand a lot of MARA's SP performance and momo is due to the 10.37EH by 2022 which may or may not transpire but saying that I have made a lot of jam off them this month, last month and the month before. At the moment the price action here and Riot has been super predictable which makes for hyper profitable trading. I'm going to ride this piglet until it stops paying out. Then I will have to do some bloody research and find another piglet, maybe a NFT piglet.

I have had some luck of late with AMTX - they do carbon negative energy production. Somehow. Science or whatever. The market is spunking itself over them lately. If it was November I might be looking to jump the swinging crypto ship and onto that one.

Sorry. I know almost nothing about any of this tech. I just chase the capital like a 5th rate momo lunatic. But my numbers in this market are insane.

Argo have a 25% stake in Pluto, hence my question. Peter Wall seems a smart guy so he must see the value but since the last funding round Pluto appear to have switched direction.

Will have a look at AMTX, sounds interesting. 

• Agree 1
deathfunk
3 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

Argo have a 25% stake in Pluto, hence my question. Peter Wall seems a smart guy so he must see the value but since the last funding round Pluto appear to have switched direction.

Will have a look at AMTX, sounds interesting. 

I remember now. People on here talked about it. PW has made shrewd acquisitions so far so it is probably a good thing. Also, branching out away from btc is a good way to make oversized gains versus btc (or oversized losses). PW seems to be doing a few things I lobbied for last Summer. All luck to him. I may swing back into Argo towards the end of April if it plays out like that. Switch Riot for Argo. If they can fill the 200MW facility then they will become one of the big boys. If so there could still be a three bag in there additional to any monthly swings. Ergo, it will travel faster than Riot, and perhaps Mara until that point.

All will be big winners.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
Popuplights

Good March mining results. 165 coins mined.  Share price action still very much in a holding pattern. Not very exciting. 

• Agree 3
Vendetta
4 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Good March mining results. 165 coins mined.  Share price action still very much in a holding pattern. Not very exciting. 

165 per month

About 2000 bitcoins per year

At $60,000 per bitcoin

...... that’s $120,000,000 revenue a year. (Costs must be reasonably small - say $20,000,000 a year?).

Argo currently valued at a market cap of $1.2 billion 

Ultimately we need BTC to start heading to $100,000 per coin for Argo to fly.

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1
hapax legomenon
8 hours ago, Vendetta said:

165 per month

About 2000 bitcoins per year

At $60,000 per bitcoin

...... that’s $120,000,000 revenue a year. (Costs must be reasonably small - say $20,000,000 a year?).

Argo currently valued at a market cap of $1.2 billion 

Ultimately we need BTC to start heading to $100,000 per coin for Argo to fly.

Roughly 1.07 EH currently, rising to 1.68 EH by end of Q2. The figures should only get better. Throw West Texas expansion into the mix, a potential Pluto IPO in Q3 and NASDAQ listing which could drop anytime and there is plenty to hang about for. I'm comfortable holding.

• Cheers 1
wherebee
18 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

Roughly 1.07 EH currently, rising to 1.68 EH by end of Q2. The figures should only get better. Throw West Texas expansion into the mix, a potential Pluto IPO in Q3 and NASDAQ listing which could drop anytime and there is plenty to hang about for. I'm comfortable holding.

This is one of my bitcoin plays that doesn't involve bitcoin.  

Come on!  Get up there before Yellen bans it!

• Agree 3
goldbug9999
On 08/04/2021 at 01:40, hapax legomenon said:

Thats a gross increase though, you have to subtract the mining difficulty increase to get the effective net increase:

https://www.blockchain.com/charts/hash-rate

Its gone from 145 to 165 TH so far this year so thats about 15% a quarter, so that makes the net increase around 45% - which is still decent.

This is assuming of course that other big miners don't also have plans for massive hash power increase as this would push up the overall difficulty at a faster pace.

Edited by goldbug9999