• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Loki

Infrastrata

Inspired by billfunk's dedicated shares threads - did anyone take a punt on this after @Solzhenitsyn's kind tip?

It did well, then fell back.  Luckily I top sliced a little.  

Did anyone else buy? Are you still holding? Do you have any thoughts or knowledge? 

To my limited understanding, the project must have huge potential and secured EU funding, so I'm hoping patience will be paid off.

@spunko

Is it possible or even worth it to have a third Sub-forum in The basement for individual share threads? It is a lot of fun for basement dwellers and it would mean excellent threads like DurhamBorns Credit Deflation thread are not disrupted by terrible rampers such as myself.

@Loki Sell it to me then. Make an irresistible case as to why I have to buy this on Monday!

Edited by billfunk

3 hours ago, billfunk said:

@Loki Sell it to me then. Make an irresistible case as to why I have to buy this on Monday!

It might go up! Or it might not xD

Good to know @stockton, that's my thoughts now. Leave it be.

On 01/09/2019 at 13:29, Loki said:

Inspired by billfunk's dedicated shares threads - did anyone take a punt on this after @Solzhenitsyn's kind tip?

It did well, then fell back.  Luckily I top sliced a little.  

Did anyone else buy? Are you still holding? Do you have any thoughts or knowledge? 

To my limited understanding, the project must have huge potential and secured EU funding, so I'm hoping patience will be paid off.

Still have my initial holding. Haven’t Top sliced and have no intention of doing so. It accounts for less than 0.5% of my portfolio value. 

AIM shares are notoriously volatile, hence the small investment. Delays are common and people become disillusioned along the way, but this company still has as much potential  (if not more, since recent announcements of new projects) as it did the day I first invested.

On 01/09/2019 at 13:59, billfunk said:

@spunko

Is it possible or even worth it to have a third Sub-forum in The basement for individual share threads? It is a lot of fun for basement dwellers and it would mean excellent threads like DurhamBorns Credit Deflation thread are not disrupted by terrible rampers such as myself.

I've added this now, let's see how it goes.

2 hours ago, billfunk said:

Isnt the ARB one about crypto currency? I was planning to leave those in this subforum , as there's quite a few, going back to the BTC ones. The other one (this one) i;ve moved already.

1 minute ago, spunko said:

Isnt the ARB one about crypto currency? I was planning to leave those in this subforum , as there's quite a few, going back to the BTC ones. The other one (this one) i;ve moved already.

Yes, it's a publicly share though. Indeed the debate on there now is centred around the point of ARB at all. Why does anyone need a proxy for BTC when they can just buy BTC itself. 

Not in My ISA.

I am in too. Started trading INFA in April 2018 (thanks, Solzhenitsyn!), made a few grand. Then decided to build a longer position, average now is 0.63p, so I am hurting. Shit or bust, as Tdog states. Every time the CEO pipes up, the share price drops!

This is my one AIM folly.

On 02/09/2019 at 19:34, Solzhenitsyn said:

Still have my initial holding. Haven’t Top sliced and have no intention of doing so. It accounts for less than 0.5% of my portfolio value. 

AIM shares are notoriously volatile, hence the small investment. Delays are common and people become disillusioned along the way, but this company still has as much potential  (if not more, since recent announcements of new projects) as it did the day I first invested.

On 04/09/2019 at 15:24, Tdog said:

Im in INFA and have held since April 2018. News is allegedly due so in the next few months its either going to go sky high or go bust imho.

Let's see where the ride ends then boys!  Where did you hear about the announcement TDog?

6 hours ago, Ponty Mython said:

Any thoughts on the Harland & Wolff acquisition? Market isn't impressed so far...

The only way to make money from that deal is to get the land re zoned and turn it into a H&W/Titanic theme park and residential on the rest 

Heavy engineering in NI is dead sadly 

27 minutes ago, Tdog said:

Strange one that. Surely itd be cheaper and less hassle to get whatever parts are needed off 3rd party companies.

They still haven't released the RNS that they said they would in September.

Up 10% since the Sky interview though.

Indeed. It could be a PR masterstroke though and give the Islandmagee project some political leverage.

At time of posting share price was 0.31p anyway xD 0.01p how generous of them

Infrastrata Plc Fundraise Offer - Important information about your shares                                                                          

Infrastrata Plc wants to raise approximately £1 million (before expenses) to help fund the purchase of the principal assets of Harland & Wolff. To help this, the company is giving existing shareholders the chance to buy more shares.

As you hold Infrastrata Plc shares in your HL Stocks & Shares ISA, you can purchase new shares for 0.3p each. You can choose now if you’d like to buy extra shares.

The easiest way to do this is online, and the deadline to give an instruction is noon on Monday 2 December 2019.

This Open Offer is subject to shareholder approval at a General Meeting to be held on 29 November 2019. If you wish to vote please send us your instruction before noon on Tuesday 26 November 2019.

You have two options

1. Do nothing

You don’t have to take part in this Offer. If you don’t, your holding won’t change.

2. Buy new shares

You can buy new shares in any of your HL accounts at a price of 0.3p per share.

The new shares cost 0.3p each. You may apply for as many shares as you like, but you may not receive all the shares you apply for. The shares are currently 0.31p to buy in the market so it’s worth checking the price first.

You can purchase your new shares in any of your HL accounts - we'll assume you're applying for shares in the account you currently hold the shares unless you tell us otherwise.

How to take part in the Offer

Make sure the cash you need to buy shares is in your capital (not income) account by noon on Monday 2 December 2019 and remains there until we debit the cash, expected to be on 3 December 2019. If there’s not enough cash we’ll only apply for as many shares as your capital balance allows.

Select your Stocks & Shares ISA. Choose the dark blue Corporate Actions Icon alongside your Infrastrata Plc shares and follow the steps. If you want to apply for shares in a different HL account to the one you currently hold your shares in, please tell us this in the further details box.

Your new shares are expected to be credited to your portfolio on, or around 11 December 2019.

As your shares are held with Hargreaves Lansdown scaling back of elections may not be on the same terms as those announced by the company.

We will debit the full cost of your election, so if scaling back occurs the cash difference will be refunded to your account on receipt. There’s no definite date for this but it’s usually within a week of the shares being issued. We’ve based this information on our understanding of the prospectus: https://www.infrastrataplc.com/investors/documents-circulars/ issued by Infrastrata Plc.

New legislation (The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive 2 (MiFID II)) requires us to confirm your nationality and National Client Identifier (NCI) to allow you to participate in this Offer. If you have not already provided us with these details you must do so before you will be able to give an election. You can provide the details online at www.hl.co.uk/trading or over the telephone on 0117 900 9000. If you have already provided us with these details you can proceed with an election as normal.

Nothing here is a recommendation. If you have any questions please call us on 0117 900 9000 so we can help.

On 20/12/2019 at 13:13, Tdog said:

Yes it does seem like a dump of a share.

This time next year Rodney ... the well make the FID.

I'm stumped as to how it's languishing how it does - it seems to be a vital infrastructure project, with no unsightly storage tanks and in a country that uses mostly CCGT generators (44% of total generation at the time of writing) 

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I'm stumped as to how it's languishing how it does - it seems to be a vital infrastructure project, with no unsightly storage tanks and in a country that uses mostly CCGT generators (44% of total generation at the time of writing) 

I can only conclude that the new management team are not the gurus they seem to consider themselves to be. The latest RNS re funding is a massive piss-take, any trust between the board and non-retarded shareholders is gone.

Having said that, there are two glimmers of hope, in my view. Firstly, the political side of the H & W acquisition - another failure would reflect badly on NI politicians and we know that they will do anything to maintain their seats at the trough; also the take-up by institutional investors during the latest placement, they must have seen something they liked. Mind you, by the time everything washes through, there will be over 4 billion shares in issue...I can't see most medium to long-term shareholders (myself included) getting our money back anytime soon.

I maintain the fear that the gas storage project is dead and that H & W was acquired as cover.

Oh how different things looked this time last year, Rodney...

Sign in to follow this