• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Turned Out Nice Again

Feeling my age this weekend

Met a (much) younger bird with whom I knocked about for a few days (snogged, no sex, before anyone asks) including being invited to an impromptu party with her Millennial buds.

- told off for saying "bird" by the partygoers which is apparently very disrespectful now ("bloke" is fine)

- their music: House, D&B, Techno, Club anthems (whatever) is complete and utter fucking drek. Nobody liked The Smiths and my facetious request to add "Rock and Roll pt. II" to the playlist was met with stony silence.

- my date gave her number to an extremely pushy extrovert fat black lezza (who'd never heard of the word "extrovert") but she's "not going to call her" even though she's "dabbled" there in the past. She also cuddled up with some (young) random pony-tailed gigolo douche on the dancefloor then complained to me that she didn't like the venue "because everybody is hitting on me" 

- conversation at Millennial parties seem to consist mainly of tales of drink, drugs, holidays, and music festivals they've attended (and nothing else). At interminable length.

- on two occasions I was asked if I was my date's dad/ step-dad - fair enough there, I suppose. Ironically though, I'm feeling and looking better than I have for years.

- things fizzled-out in the early hours of this morning when I ventured-out onto the balcony to find  my date sitting on the lap of a dog-ugly fat (albeit tall) bearded bore when I'd scarcely managed to get my hands on her all evening, at which point I made my excuses and left the building.

No fool like an old fool.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

7 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Met a (much) younger bird with whom I knocked about for a few days (snogged, no sex, before anyone asks) including being invited to an impromptu party with her Millennial buds.

- told off for saying "bird" by the partygoers which is apparently very disrespectful now ("bloke" is fine)

- their music: House, D&B, Techno, Club anthems (whatever) is complete and utter fucking drek. Nobody liked The Smiths and my request to add "Rock and Roll pt. II" to the playlist was met with stony silence.

- my date gave her number to an extremely pushy extrovert fat black lezza (who'd never heard of the word "extrovert") but "she's not going to call her" even though she's "dabbled" there in the past.

- conversation at Millennial parties seem to consist mainly of tales of drink, drugs, holidays, and music festivals they've attended (and nothing else). At interminable length.

- on two occasions I was asked if I was my date's dad/ step-dad - fair enough there, I suppose. Ironically though, I'm feeling and looking better than I have for years.

- things fizzled-out in the early hours of this morning when I ventured-out onto the balcony to find  my date sitting on the lap of a dog-ugly fat (albeit tall) bearded bore when I'd scarcely managed to get my hands on her all evening, at which point I made my excuses and left the building.

Shite burd anyway. 

I would have told them all that they were all going to burn in the hell fire of the new caliphate before i left.

No fool like a mouthy young fool who's more worried about being seen as racist than staying alive and being free to go to said festivals and other haram activites.

This may not have applied to your fellow party goers last night however.

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer

I’m happy to tell people that I’m racist then say every ethnic group in the world is it’s only natural and that’s sober and at work never mind drunk and at a party but what age range are millennials anyway

Edited by stokiescum

Don't think its just your age as there are a small subset of us who grew up in this generation and also can't relate to it. Most people I get on with are at least 10-20 years older than me. It used to bother me and I'd try and fit in with the crowd but now I roll in as I am. Probably doesn't help that I openly express conservative views (if asked) which in certain groups of millenials is about as socially appropiate as taking a dump in the centre of the room. Add in being a Brexiteer then inside London you effectively make yourself a persona non-grata. Been some quite interesting exchanges when I've been invited along to some of these "metropolitan" type parties.

4 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Don't think its just your age as there are a small subset of us who grew up in this generation and also can't relate to it. Most people I get on with are at least 10-20 years older than me. It used to bother me and I'd try and fit in with the crowd but now I roll in as I am. Probably doesn't help that I openly express conservative views (if asked) which in certain groups of millenials is about as socially appropiate as taking a dump in the centre of the room. Add in being a Brexiteer then inside London you effectively make yourself a persona non-grata. Been some quite interesting exchanges when I've been invited along to some of these "metropolitan" type parties.

Bet you don’t get invited anymore. xD

19 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

The key to immortality is to like the music of people long dead right from the start. 

You can't lose what you never had, and I never had any street cred.

Me neither, but I still like music. It's just inferior people who don't like my playing.

Just now, One percent said:

Bet you don’t get invited anymore. xD

Stangely I do but most of my actual friends who host, while generally being on the opposite end of the political spectrum, can accept an alternative view and we get on well... unlike the wet blankets among their own social circles. I have a role to fill as the token northener/Brexiteer now. People can just talk to me as if I am an exhibit. Seriously, I have been the only Brexiteer at some events and in honesty being the panto villian can be fun, some absolute pansies on the "intellectual" left who can be shown up with relative ease. Garnered a bit of a reputation among my friends for dressing people down with facts quite easily. Helps to have spent 10-15 years trawling economics and political message boards like our former home and here :P.

49 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

- their music: House, D&B, Techno, Club anthems (whatever) is complete and utter fucking drek. Nobody liked The Smiths and my facetious request to add "Rock and Roll pt. II" to the playlist was met with stony silence.

- my date gave her number to an extremely pushy extrovert fat black lezza (who'd never heard of the word "extrovert") but she's "not going to call her" even though she's "dabbled" there in the past. She also cuddled up with some (young) random pony-tailed gigolo douche on the dancefloor then complained to me that she didn't like the venue "because everybody is hitting on me" 

Sorry, Tuna-man, but did you really expect anything else? Pretending to be younger than you are, even if you can get away with it physically, might just get you a shag, but what happens as soon as things get a bit more serious? "Sorry, darling, I'm actually 15 years older than I told you when we met" is unlikely to go down well...

Trying to turn back the clock, however much we would all love to do so, is a recipe for mental disaster.

The thing is you're in exactly the same boat now as if youd have nailed her.

You have zero in common and nothing to talk about.

I did a similar thing abot ten tears ago with an early twenties lass, pure lust and ego, shagged her and then couldnt be rid soon enough.

Other than a fuck, which are not that difficult to get, you've lost nowt.

Edited by GBDamo
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Ponty Mython said:

Sorry, Tuna-man, but did you really expect anything else? Pretending to be younger than you are, even if you can get away with it physically, might just get you a shag, but what happens as soon as things get a bit more serious? "Sorry, darling, I'm actually 15 years older than I told you when we met" is unlikely to go down well...

Trying to turn back the clock, however much we would all love to do so, is a recipe for mental disaster.

They do say, you are only as old as the man who you feel.  xD

8 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

How old was she?

I was actually up-front with my real age (61 next month) on this occasion.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Sounds horrid.

It was ... real. I've got to the age where I'd rather take chances, crash and burn than be bored to death.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

The Smiths Ockham's razor strikes again.

If they don't like the Smiths they are likely arseholes. That is the eternal law of The Smiths.

Edited by billfunk

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You will be one day, with luck.

Nowt wrong with being 60.

And I find nothing morally wrong with chasing whoever you want to chase.

But if, as a 60 year old bloke, you're chasing 26 year olds don't be surprised if you end up with ones who are utterly mental uber-whores with daddy issues who will put you in situations that you don't like.

It sounds like this is a whore-level version of the 'friendzone' where you give a bloke a snog or two and then use that to string him along while you get off with a bunch of others in front of him.

I completely understand why TONA doesn't want to date 60 year old women, but as a 60 year old in good shape perhaps a fit 40 year old would be less ridiculous?

I'd also love to know where you met a 26 year old who was willing to get off with a 60 year old though - fair play to ya there, do tell us more.

Edited by JoeDavola

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Nowt wrong with being 60.

And I find nothing morally wrong with chasing whoever you want to chase.

But if, as a 60 year old bloke, you're chasing 26 year olds don't be surprised if you end up with ones who are utterly mental uber-whores with daddy issues who will put you in situations that you don't like.

It sounds like this is a whore-level version of the 'friendzone' where you give a bloke a snog or two and then use that to string him along while you get off with a bunch of others in front of him.

I only chase rich widows now mate!