• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
lid

1950s songs

If any of you enjoy 50s music, then may I recommend a radio show broadcasting right now on BBC Tees called ''Vintage Vinyl''.

It has been on every Sunday between 2 and 5pm for donkey's years, with the same presenter. It used to be known as ''Dad's Music'' years ago when it played stuff from the 1920s to the 50s. The newer show plays a wide range of music from the 40s to the 70s and is a great way to spend a quiet Sunday afternoon if you are of a certain age.

Don't worry if you are not in the Tees-side area, you can listen on-line, or use an internet radio if you have one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001ggxw

Currently playing Brenda Lee's ''I'm Sorry'', which is sadly three months too young to post on this thread...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Ah that's better - Vintage Vinyl currently playing Willie Mae Thornton's version of ''Hound Dog'' from 1952.

I'm a Thornton on my mam's side - perhaps I'm related to her...?

And Captain Peacock...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Well Butplug, it seems your post has the ''wrong wheels'' for a 1950s thread as Billy Fury's version was recorded in 1960.

American singer JImmy Jones recorded it first in May 1960, and Fury's version was released in September of that year.

Canny tune mind...

XYY

@Bedrag Justesen

21 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Well Butplug, it seems your post has the ''wrong wheels'' for a 1950s thread as Billy Fury's version was recorded in 1960.

American singer JImmy Jones recorded it first in May 1960, and Fury's version was released in September of that year.

Wrong. :P

In Liverpool it was released on CD in 1950.

Released: 1950
Genre: Pop

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=-zPkXaTfDcjSwALksa3YCA&q=wondrous+place+billy+fury&oq=wondrous+place+billy+fury&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l3j0i22i30l3j0i333.575.10784..11322...0.0..0.76.1545.25......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0i131i10j0i10.qTSnqaH9Jlc&ved=0ahUKEwjkyLDRtZXmAhVIKVAKHeRYC4sQ4dUDCAs&uact=5#spf=1575236616865

41 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Billy Fury - born Ronald Wycherley - was 10 years old in 1950.

And it seems like he invented the CD - long before some dope-smoking, Dutch Philips' fucker actually did.

Which makes him a rather precocious dirty Scouse mother-fucker - if we believe the Bedrag version of events.

Which we don't...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man