• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
billfunk

Bidstack #BIDS 30p

Bidstack are a native in-game advertiser. One key aspect this type of advertising is that it is immersive. For example if you are playing a football game, like FIFA, and you see advertising banners around the pitch, this does not break the immersion of the simulation. Immersive advertising like this is "good" advertising. (Bad advertising being like TV adverts breaking up a film). 

Bidstack were one of the first movers in this practically virgin industry. There are 2.6bn people playing computer games and Bidstack have currently partnered with many groups including Football Manager, Dirt Rally and Grid. They have recently signed an agreement with TradeDesk, TTD, a $9bn valued advertising platform, in order to get their products to market.

Yet to report a profit, with an MCAP of £76.5m, Bidstack offers the potential of being a billion pound player. Indeed there are rumours of them moving to the American markets once they have a few years of good figures behind them. Price action wise, BIDS has been in a consolidation since the high of 41.5p in early June. 30p appears to be a fairly solid floor here. Once hard figures come through this should be the catalyst for the next move upwards towards £1.

https://www.bidstack.com/

I saw you mention this in the other forum and was kind of hoping you would start a thread here to save me doing so.

Now one reason I liked this was 

1. I work in advertising
  2. I love gaming

Probably not the best reasons O.o

The advertising I do is small scale promoting say companies new phone app for a commission (affiliate marketing) as most would call it. We would mostly use Native ads that many of you will have probably seen on news sites. But I know many others are using the likes of Facebook ads, Google Ads etc.... For smaller Advertisers like me, We need to track everything, for example, which Ad did the visitor come from, what website was the Ad shown on and other crap. So then we can block out all the crap that doesn't make any sales. 

One thing a lot these Ad companies want is brand money, which is brands like BMW, Coca-Cola or Nike who have huge monthly budgets to spend on Advertising.

The gaming industry is growing, and the gaming companies are always looking to gain more revenue from there games, that's why micro-transactions are so popular now within games. But having a game which people can play for years where you can update Ads within the game is pretty impressive, and big brands will love it if it works. Another thing is games sometimes on the Xbox which I play can get huge updates, fixing bugs adding features. So I wonder in time could this code be added to games already currently being played via an update.

(LSE:BIDS) announced it will be providing native in game advertising in codemasters new game ‘GRID’.

So I have pre-ordered GRID to check out the Ads and will update this thread. While I don't expect many companies using it currently, but in time it should have a lot of inventory to buy if games start adding this to their games.

Its a interesting idea and i have taken a small bet on it

More info someone posted in the other thread 

What is stopping the big developers and publishers doing this themselves? It's not hard these days to push an update on the fly. The teams are activision or EA would dwarf Bidstack

I did see they seem to be running on codemasters games. Not that impressive imo on the football manager game.

Can they even get into the big revenue games like Fifa? Surely the advertisers are fairly locked down with licenses eg Fifa will have a big say in the EA fifa games. Then how much advertising revenue is up for grabs say when ultimate team is making EA obscene amounts? Seems like chump change.

Not sure if triple A games would be the best use for this, but what do I know xD

Fortnite maker Epic Games’ Unreal Engine has teamed up with Bidstack, a native in-game advertising platform, to enable video game developers to monetise their titles by creating ad space within their games.

Developers using the Unreal Engine will soon be able to use a Bidstack plugin to choose areas within their games where they could make native in-game advertising available. They can pick any appropriate surface including virtual outdoor billboards, sporting pitch-side hoardings, decal stickers on the sides of vehicles, and prints on character clothing. Developers can also retrofit ad opportunities into existing games.

Eventually, games using the Unreal Engine will see their ad inventory become automatically available to advertisers to buy programmatically through Bidstack’s network of demand side platforms.

I do see if it became a popular option companies creating there own in house versions of Bidstack or even one buying Bidstack as stated by someone else here either way i have bought a few shares to hold and we monitor them

15 hours ago, A_P said:

What is stopping the big developers and publishers doing this themselves? It's not hard these days to push an update on the fly. The teams are activision or EA would dwarf Bidstack

I did see they seem to be running on codemasters games. Not that impressive imo on the football manager game.

Can they even get into the big revenue games like Fifa? Surely the advertisers are fairly locked down with licenses eg Fifa will have a big say in the EA fifa games. Then how much advertising revenue is up for grabs say when ultimate team is making EA obscene amounts? Seems like chump change.

Not sure if triple A games would be the best use for this, but what do I know xD

It's a very good question. I don't think anything is stopping the big boys from implementing their own systems. However, I think two things ameliorate this. The industry is big enough to have multiple operators and as a microcap, BIDS wouldn't even have to be close to market leadership to multibag. Secondly, as BIDS are prime movers and have what appears to be an excellent platform, they are a prime takeover target.

If Bidstack were currently valued as a multi billion dollar American tech stock I would say they were a risky proposition. At £70m I think the risk is very small. A large part of investing is weighing up the risk-reward. With BIDS I think £500m is more likely than £10m so it's a good bet for me.

5 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Fortnite maker Epic Games’ Unreal Engine has teamed up with Bidstack, a native in-game advertising platform, to enable video game developers to monetise their titles by creating ad space within their games.

Developers using the Unreal Engine will soon be able to use a Bidstack plugin to choose areas within their games where they could make native in-game advertising available. They can pick any appropriate surface including virtual outdoor billboards, sporting pitch-side hoardings, decal stickers on the sides of vehicles, and prints on character clothing. Developers can also retrofit ad opportunities into existing games.

Eventually, games using the Unreal Engine will see their ad inventory become automatically available to advertisers to buy programmatically through Bidstack’s network of demand side platforms.

I do see if it became a popular option companies creating there own in house versions of Bidstack or even one buying Bidstack as stated by someone else here either way i have bought a few shares to hold and we monitor them

I think this is where it has the most milage; for smaller studios and indie developers. 

An interesting proposition nonetheless and I can certainly see value in it. 

17 minutes ago, A_P said:

Which platform are people buying their AIM shares on?

AJBell for me. Big enough to satisfy me in terms of DD. Cheap annual management fees. £5 a trade if, like me, you are a raging noob and overtrade like a bastard - a regular trader i think they call it.

2 hours ago, billfunk said:

AJBell for me. Big enough to satisfy me in terms of DD. Cheap annual management fees. £5 a trade if, like me, you are a raging noob and overtrade like a bastard - a regular trader i think they call it.

I think Degiro might be the best bet for me as I'm an infrequent purchaser.

I really like the proposition thanks for highlighting.  Being new but offering a viable service in the gaming industry I see as ripe for growth.

A few years ago I took a  -lucrative- bet on keywords which was quite small but growing.  They provided language and translation services for games.  Like you say it the risk/reward ratio possibly very juicy here.

interesting tweet, i like this as a punt watching a few chats about this on other sites there seems to be alot people wanting constant updates developing such a thing really won't happen overnight

The tweet below is interesting my own opinion is that these may be ad spots that are going be tested by EA in fifa logo on shorts and shirt pocket, text and main image 

might be wrong but seems a tease to me

But I probably am wrong as always, so DYOR

Edited by DoINeedOne

It seems to have finished at 12p, showing up 20%.  I'm well down but I'm not considering selling.  I follow on Twitter and there digital presence does seem pretty good.  Has clearly performed like a dog price wise, but honestly don't understand the viritol levied against the company as seen on message boards (have a brief few looks but as usual these message boards especially on weird AIM shares I feel are best avoided).

Definitely like the idea behind the company but probably as much chance of my shares being worth zero in a few years, as there is doing a multi bag.

Company seemed like everything was progressing, but the last few RNS released have confused a lot of people with the wording used in some and now seems everyone is arguing what it means 

Love the idea of ads in games, but directors selling shares, then said they won't meet targets revenue wise, then there was a sell off then released another RNS saying a ad agency will be working with them spend of UP TO 10 million a year no mention of who and that UP TO has a few people wondering, then another RNS after hours on Friday about if i remember the wording used in previous RNS releases

I sold at a loss, lesson learned for me i allowed myself to get to exciting about the idea of this company and a few issues i had i didn't respond too, will keep an eye on this company in the future when they have some revenue, i sold at 8p with around £2000 loss

But learned a lesson on this one develop and stick to some rules

Hope it continues to go up for any holders here, Monday should be interesting 

20 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

i sold at 8p

I've never invested - but sorry to hear the loss. It's pretty big but don't beat yourself up. The biggest loss I had was of similar size in my earlier years with RGM. I even took a £5K loan out as I believed it could be the next BHP Billiton! It could be going into production in the next 12 months..... etc.... Jam tomorrow.

So yeah, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, live and learn. Take it as a tuition fee to the Stock Market Gods. 

I know if I had to take a losses now, I remind myself that I am "richer" (not just materially) right now, more than I have ever been. There are many people worse off, and at least I can live and fight another day. There is always opportunity around the corner, another horse to get on.

This whole sub forum of penny stocks is not something I would put all my hopes and dreams on - stick with bigger companies that turn a profit, and aim to make double digits percentage gains each year, rather than searching for the next ASOS.

If it helps take a look at this compilation of losses...... https://hugestockmarket-losses.blogspot.com/

Edited by 201p

3 hours ago, 201p said:

I've never invested - but sorry to hear the loss. It's pretty big but don't beat yourself up. The biggest loss I had was of similar size in my earlier years with RGM. I even took a £5K loan out as I believed it could be the next BHP Billiton! It could be going into production in the next 12 months..... etc.... Jam tomorrow.

So yeah, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, live and learn. Take it as a tuition fee to the Stock Market Gods. 

I know if I had to take a losses now, I remind myself that I am "richer" (not just materially) right now, more than I have ever been. There are many people worse off, and at least I can live and fight another day. There is always opportunity around the corner, another horse to get on.

This whole sub forum of penny stocks is not something I would put all my hopes and dreams on - stick with bigger companies that turn a profit, and aim to make double digits percentage gains each year, rather than searching for the next ASOS.

If it helps take a look at this compilation of losses...... https://hugestockmarket-losses.blogspot.com/

Interesting link

I won't beat myself up about it

Same with online advertising what i do for work your eduction or tuition fee like most things is testing and getting your hands dirty and losing money now and again

Another interesting link with some different views 

Sign in to follow this