DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Revolut Metal - Free Trading

stockton

Have just seen that Revolut are offering 100 free trades per month for metal customers.

https://blog.revolut.com/trading-revolut/

Its £12.99 a month for the metal account so there is a cost but you get a metal card to boot (all the range these days so I'm told).

It also limits the amount per trade to $1000 per trade but you can place multiple identical trades (2 x $1000 trades on HZM for instance)

Does anyone have experience with Revolut?  I am tempted by this but dont know a lot about the company so looking for opinions on here.

I dont think these trades can be done within an ISA wrapper which is a problem unless used as a sort of beer fund trading account maybe?

Thoughts from the hive?

What kind of stock universe do they have? I suspect it is quite limited, just take a look at freetrade.

I used to use revolut for moving money to the crypto exchanges and transferring money to and fro abroad. Unfortunately issues with transferring to exchanges kicked in then they obfuscated their transfer limits. Having read their requirements for proof of funds and the issues people have I moved to transferwise for fx transfers.

Robinhood are coming to town shortly, probably worth waiting for them to come in and put a rocket up the  proverbial arses.

16 minutes ago, A_P said:

What kind of stock universe do they have? I suspect it is quite limited, just take a look at freetrade.

I used to use revolut for moving money to the crypto exchanges and transferring money to and fro abroad. Unfortunately issues with transferring to exchanges kicked in then they obfuscated their transfer limits. Having read their requirements for proof of funds and the issues people have I moved to transferwise for fx transfers.

Robinhood are coming to town shortly, probably worth waiting for them to come in and put a rocket up the  proverbial arses.

This is key I think, if Robinhood are inbound then I agree it's probably best to wait for their offering.

Revolut do say that trades are instant so slightly better than freetrade et al.

I'm always looking for ways to reduce cost's but best to have it sanity checked so thanks!

Archived