• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
the gardener

What date will we leave the EU?

What date will we leave the EU?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What date will we leave the EU?

• <31st Oct.
    • On 31st Oct
    • Before end of 2019
    • 2021+
    • Never
    • We've already left!
    • IDGAF

I now think we'll leave the EU before October 31st.  If that's true then what would be a suitably symbolic and top trolling date to leave.

Possibilities:

October 14th - anniversary of the Battle of Hastings 1066 except this time we're sticking it to the French Norse.  It's also the first day back from proroguing Parliament so no time for remainers to block.  Leaving the EU on the day of the Queen's speech makes this date a strong contender.

October 25th - anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt 1415.  A great day to leave the EU and stuff the French (again).

October 25th is also the anniversary of the Battle of Balaclava when the Charge of the Light Brigade took place.  That's quite a symbolic date.

Any more suggestions?  Maybe in September even?

Edited by spunko

Currently 50% 'Never' and 0% '2021+'

Shouldn't the 'Never' voters just go for '2021+' instead? If we don't leave before you die, you won't know if you were right. However if we leave 2021 or after but before you die, you would fluke being correct. It's a free bet, so I'm going to have to be the first to do it.

1 hour ago, the gardener said:

October 25th - anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt 1415.  A great day to leave the EU and stuff the French (again).

October 25th is also the anniversary of the Battle of Balaclava when the Charge of the Light Brigade took place.  That's quite a symbolic date.

...St Crispin's Day, and what a speech!

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother

Be he ever so vile, this day shall gentle his condition

And gentlemen in England now in bed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here

And hold their manhoods cheap while any speak, that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Edited by Panther

12 minutes ago, Panther said:

...St Crispin's Day, and what a speech!

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother

Be he ever so vile, this day shall gentle his condition

And gentlemen in England now in bed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here

And hold their manhoods cheap while any speak, that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

18 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Currently 50% 'Never' and 0% '2021+'

Shouldn't the 'Never' voters just go for '2021+' instead? If we don't leave before you die, you won't know if you were right. However if we leave 2021 or after but before you die, you would fluke being correct. It's a free bet, so I'm going to have to be the first to do it.

Well 'Never' would be correct if we were ejected or the EU disbanded before we Left, where as we could Leave in 2119 and the 2021+ crowd would be correct :)

59 minutes ago, spunko said:

Well there's a lot of negativity here, or you're all closet remoaners. I can't vote but if I could it would be for 31st Oct.

@spunko I've voted on your behalf!

Such a shame it can’t be November 5th. That would have a certain beauty to it after the last few years, which have shown that our own political representatives are guilty of worse crimes against democracy and the people of this country than the most rabid antiEUrs accuse the EU of. 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Well there's a lot of negativity here, or you're all closet remoaners. I can't vote but if I could it would be for 31st Oct.

It may still happen but it's not clear how - will Boris really have the chutzpah to disrupt the functioning of the EU so much that they effectively kick us out by not granting an extension or change the WA? I doubt it. 

5 hours ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Well 'Never' would be correct if we were ejected or the EU disbanded before we Left, where as we could Leave in 2119 and the 2021+ crowd would be correct :)

If I were a bookie I wouldn't be paying out on 'Never' under those circumstances. Are we still in the EU? Answer = No (we left... somehow). I'm not convinced only a "leave under our own steam" rule applies.

It reminds me of an antepost football bet I had years ago. 5 teams each to finish higher than one other in their league. I had 4 clear winners but the 5th finished level on points with the team they were paired with. I wanted it settling as a winning bet 4 winners with the 5th team a dead heat. The Sporting Life green seal service arbitrated but didn't rule my way. They said whenever you look at the league table my team was below the other team. By goal difference not mentioned in the rules!  

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

If I were a bookie I wouldn't be paying out on 'Never' under those circumstances. Are we still in the EU? Answer = No (we left... somehow). I'm not convinced only a "leave under our own steam" rule applies.

It reminds me of an antepost football bet I had years ago. 5 teams each to finish higher than one other in their league. I had 4 clear winners but the 5th finished level on points with the team they were paired with. I wanted it settling as a winning bet 4 winners with the 5th team a dead heat. The Sporting Life green seal service arbitrated but didn't rule my way. They said whenever you look at the league table my team was below the other team. By goal difference not mentioned in the rules!  

I hope it doesn't come down to penalties.

4 hours ago, macca said:

The young want to stay in the EU even though;;

Mass immigration drives down wages

Mass immigration Drives up rent/house prices..

Mass immigration drives down living standards, buggers transport and is turning us into the third world

The rich love their slaves..

Also hardly any Young Brits work in the EU with exception of a few kids working in bars in Kavos so what are the old people voting Brexit stealing from them? What it is to be young and Dumb.. Those were the days.. And then comes the enlightenment of reality that your totally fucked and have to live with your mum and dad forever.. Then you realize you knew nothing..

Post of the week!

5 hours ago, macca said:

Mass immigration drives down living standards, buggers transport and is turning us into the third world

Also hardly any Young Brits work in the EU with exception of a few kids working in bars in Kavos so what are the old people voting Brexit stealing from them? What it is to be young and Dumb.. Those were the days.. And then comes the enlightenment of reality that your totally fucked and have to live with your mum and dad forever.. Then you realize you knew nothing..

From what I hear, its the old telling the young that they want to stay in the EU.

Stuff like 'Youll have the opportunity that I never had, to work in another country'

Which forgets how shit continental Europe is for jobs and the young in particular.

5 hours ago, macca said:

Funnily enough I bumped into an old school mate yesterday. Both his kids are now back home with him after uni. £40k + debts, aged 24-26.

A brother's two kids are the same, both same age, one with £40k uni debts. 

Mate from the pub, two sons, 28, 30+ same debt (or worse), one a policeman, other a fast track civil servant (right at heart of gov - cabinet office I believe) have just managed to buy a place together. 

Go back to when I was that age, I was out at 21 for uni and didn't come back, two siblings out at 18. One other hung around till 29 but out of sheer laziness as he liked it. Could have moved out at 18 if he wanted, no debt. 

None of this is news to you but why on earth can't the young see what is happening and make the connection? 

3 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Funnily enough I bumped into an old school mate yesterday. Both his kids are now back home with him after uni. £40k + debts, aged 24-26.

Mate from the pub, two sons, 28, 30+ same debt (or worse), one a policeman, other a fast track civil servant (right at heart of gov - cabinet office I believe) have just managed to buy a place together. 

Go back to when I was that age, I was out at 21 for uni and didn't come back, two siblings out at 18. One other hung around till 29 but out of sheer laziness as he liked it. Could have moved out at 18 if he wanted, no debt. 

None of this is news to you but why on earth can't the young see what is happening and make the connection? 

They can but to the wrong cause.  You even see the (false) argument being raised on here.

its the oldies hogging all the property and wealth innit. 

11 minutes ago, the gardener said:

They simply know no better.

They don't have the frame of reference.

It's become normal to live with your mum until you're 30.It's that or give all your money to a scum landlord to live in a shit bedsit.

Poor bastards.