• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

LC1

How many points on your license?

How many points on your licence?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How many points on your licence?

• 12+
    • Other / Not in UK / None of your business

Shit. Fuck. Shit.

Just got a letter through saying I was caught doing 79mph on a dual carriageway. Problem is I already did a speed awareness course a few months back. Feeling pretty stupid, but also quite unlucky. 

This post really needs a poll (would maybe make me feel a bit better about getting 3 points!).

So, how many points on your license, and does it make much difference to your premium?

Fess up! :ph34r:

Edited by spunko

Zero - at the moment

I tend to get a ticket regularly every 3 years or so, no sooner does the previous one expire another one pops up.

Definitely not intentional. Did a speed awareness course last time out, so zero for now.

In all honesty I'm surprised I haven't had more, but I do put that down to actually being aware of what I'm doing on the road.

I tend to drive for petrol consumption to get 60 plus per gallon and 500 miles from a small tank. Only way is usually sticking within speed limits. Zero points in 38 years but incredibly lucky too. Recently sailed through a 30 grid at 40 and spotted the camera had been vandalised.

Zero, but I only passed last year and I like to drive slowly. 

The husband got 3 points a few years ago; I don't remember it increasing the premium.

Had 3 points and then a one month ban* decades ago. At the time, Insurance companies weren't bothered about the first 3 points as long as you told them.

* Have avoided turbocharged engines since then. It's too easy.

received a letter once when younger told them i was in Spain with the car and someone must cloned my number plate and won't be coming to court never heard anything since and that was about 23 years ago

but now with all the cameras every where i just stick to the limit

Edited by DoINeedOne

0. Never had any either. Try to keep the stress to a minimum while driving and enjoy the opportunity to listen to my music/podcasts. I do also enjoy pissing off some Audi/BMW wanker behind me as I drive at the speed limit.

Edited by gibbon

30 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I drive slower if there is a German car behind me, especially if it is an expensive one.

Vorsprung Durch Technic.

Good luck trying that on the Autobahn! You'll have the other driver in your passenger seat flashing at you and gesticulating. 

Oh, and 0 ever. Been very lucky but don't take the piss through roadworks or on M25. I'm sure it will get more difficult as the smart motorways increase in number. 

0 but I did get a letter from a neighbourhood speed watch group 35 in a 30.

I tend to stay within limit + 10% + 2mph * and that seems to have worked so far. If you got a ticket for 78mph in a 70 I may have to knock off the +2

* except when overtaking & average speed limit restrictions

Edited by snaga

If I say none, I'll probably get done next time I get into my car!

But then I know where the local speed camera van driver lives and that he doesn't like to travel too far for work!

Edited by Harley

21 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

but now with all the cameras every where i just stick to the limit

There is only 1 speed camera operational in my home county, there are no funds to fix or replace the broken ones. I'm guessing the local forces/councils don't get revenue from the fines so have no financial incentive to maintain local cameras?

The new average cameras on the A14 however are operational, these will be funded at a national level?

1 hour ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Had a friend get pulled for speeding recently, the police weren’t amused to learn that he was on his way home from his speed awareness course :Jumping:

My missus is none too impressed that I only did the SAC a few months ago :$