• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
janch

UKOG

This is one of those wait-for-the-spike stocks. If you are prepared to wait 12-24 months for a small window to sell for a profit, then it may worth a play. This is a very difficult strategy - 12 months of waiting is a LONG time. Historically, one of the 4 or 5 spikes will be a bumper payout. There is of course a chance that another spike may never come of course.

A consortium of AIM stocks have access to the same oil licence in the UK, if I remember ALBA, and RGM, and probably one other.

image.thumb.png.3870a1aeb2e3683aef6f70109a5b4a25.png

They have had planning permission granted for Horse Hill. I have seen it valued at 8.4p. Decent chart setup.

Sept 11 - UK Oil & Gas PLC UKOGa.L : * HORSE HILL GRANTED LONG-TERM PRODUCTION CONSENT * SCC PLANNING AND REGULATORY COMMITTEE GRANTS FULL PLANNINGCONSENT FOR LONG-TERM OIL PRODUCTION AT HILL OIL FIELD NEARGATWICK AIRPORTSource text for Eikon: ID:nRSK9998La Further company coverage: UKOGa.L ((Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com;))

I wanted to see if there have been any recent UK based oil success stories to compare this to.

If anyone has followed the news about the earthquake due to fracking, which has been the biggest fracking earthquake in the UK to date. It's funny to note that the officials have classed this as a "micro seismic event". Unfortunately, the company behind oil fracking is Cuadrilla, and it is not a listed company that you can invest in. 

Perhaps the real oil opportunities on UK shores are closed to the public?

Edited by 201p

3 hours ago, billfunk said:

They have had planning permission granted for Horse Hill. I have seen it valued at 8.4p. Decent chart setup.

Sept 11 - UK Oil & Gas PLC UKOGa.L : * HORSE HILL GRANTED LONG-TERM PRODUCTION CONSENT * SCC PLANNING AND REGULATORY COMMITTEE GRANTS FULL PLANNINGCONSENT FOR LONG-TERM OIL PRODUCTION AT HILL OIL FIELD NEARGATWICK AIRPORTSource text for Eikon: ID:nRSK9998La Further company coverage: UKOGa.L ((Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com;))

Hi Bill,

Has Petrel Resources popped up on your radar screen? 

Just over a penny back in July - then zooms up to 9p last week!!!

From what I've read on the bulletin boards, two billionaire oil experts are apparently involved in the company. Iraq, from what I've seen, seems to be a focus of Petrel.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting - as you no doubt are - for HDY to shake a leg!

Edited by Gordie Lastchance

Just now, Gordie Lastchance said:

Hi Bill,

Has Petrel Resources popped up on your radar screen? 

Just over a penny back in July - then zooms up to 9p last week!!!

From what I've read on the bulletin boards, two billionaire oil experts are apparently involved in the company. Iraq, from what I'm reading, seems to be a focus of Petrel.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting - as you no doubt are - for HDY to shake a leg!

I saw PET bandied around but I'm not in it and don't know anything about it really. I am fully invested in my current batch of non-performing little shites, of which HDY is one. I am practising my patience. Humpf. I do like it when billionaires are involved though.

1 hour ago, billfunk said:

I am fully invested in my current batch of non-performing little shites, of which HDY is one. I am practising my patience. Humpf.

xDxDxD

I know you don't do patience!

Thought I'd mention PET to you, as it came up on some obscure bulletin board and so I decided to have a look and see what all the chat was about. I'm kinda sorta feeling it's another "one that got away". But I reckon if I'd seen it during the early summer at a penny or thereabouts and saw Iraq mentioned as its sphere of business, I'd have said "gawd, no, I ain't touching that".

Sign in to follow this