DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Fungus Wilson mends fences with DOSBODS OT

Bkkandrew

What a waste of time, it sounds like she is planning to use the local solicitor from a dingy high street office rather than a London based lawyer who would easily do this pro-bono given his previous 'racist' comments.

I also doubt Fergus is a millionaire. His house in general suggests otherwise. Think of a grotty dormer bungalow and a load of old Toyota pickups dumped on the driveway.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2017 at 18:23, The XYY Man said:

Funnily enough, me and Mrs XYY are viewing one of those on Monday evening.

Bet the neighbours are shitting themselves already...

;)

XYY

Go round knocking on their doors:

Really we want to buy somewhere else but we're £10k short and as it stands we can only afford this place.  If somehow we were to get that £10k then we would be buying that other house.

On 8/27/2017 at 15:08, TheBlueCat said:

A bit of an update on this one:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/carley-ingramvswilson

The first lot of claims by Fungus have been thrown out. I thought this was interesting too:

So not all lawyers are bad!

brilliant news. The fatty one will hopefully be laughed out of court.

It would be fantastic to be in the public gallery (if there is one at this hearing, probably not - it's not a criminal trial is it? civil)

2 hours ago, JFK said:

brilliant news. The fatty one will hopefully be laughed out of court.

It would be fantastic to be in the public gallery (if there is one at this hearing, probably not - it's not a criminal trial is it? civil)

Iirc you can legally ask to sit in and watch any trial even at the Mags court as long as you have a reason. 

(Hearing is probably a better word then trial)

I asked to sit in and watch when I was at the Mags court for a speeding offence. Just to see how it goes etc. They thought I was a bit odd but never mind!

44 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Iirc you can legally ask to sit in and watch any trial even at the Mags court as long as you have a reason. 

I asked to sit in and watch when I was at the Mags court for a speeding offence. Just to see how it goes etc. They thought I was a bit odd but never mind!

That's true, I'd forgotten about that - it's only family court proceedings that are private.

15 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

A much older guy at work had been in the merchant navy and said that when he was off ship, had no money, and was cold he used to sit in Marlborough Street magistrate's court and watch the cases for entertainment.

I was kicking around for a couple of weeks before moving out of London so spent a couple of hours there one morning watching the cases. It was reasonably interesting but I'd only spend days there if the alternative was freezing outside.

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2017 at 04:41, Bkkandrew said:

^ On that basis, when I was teenager in the U.K., I must have met a number of girls on a mainly fish diet...

You know that they say - there are two things which smell of fish ... and one of them's fish ...

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/11/2017 at 20:50, TheBlueCat said:

I heard a news snippet at the time when it had gone to court ...

https://news.sky.com/story/landlord-fergus-wilsons-curry-smell-ban-is-unlawful-court-rules-11118806

A buy-to-let landlord who banned Indian and Pakistani tenants because he claimed they left his property smelling of curry has been told the policy is unlawful.

Fergus Wilson, 69, told his letting agencies in March not to allow his homes to be rented by "coloured people" because he said they left a "curry smell" in the homes at the end of the tenancy.

He was taken to court by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, and on Wednesday, a judge at Maidstone County Court ruled such discrimination was unlawful.

Mr Wilson was handed a three-year injunction, which means he is not allowed to stop tenants renting from him because of their race.

If he does not comply, he could face a fine or jail for contempt of court.

Regarded as one of Britain's biggest buy-to-let investors, Mr Wilson owns hundreds of properties in Kent.

The Commission's chief executive Rebecca Hilsenrath said: "We welcome this outlawing by the court of Mr Wilson's discriminatory letting policy. Our homes are fundamental to our private lives and to who we are.

"Denial of a home on the grounds of race or colour is abhorrent conduct we do not accept in today's society."

According to the Guardian, he represented himself in court on Wednesday, saying: "All the local people here agree with me. It's perfectly legal not to buy a house because you think it smells of curry.

"If you are in Luton or Bedford, maybe that won't make a difference. But in Ashford and Maidstone, 99% of the population are not from India or Pakistan.

"The problem is that if you have a £250,000 mid-terrace house, the valuation drops by £50,000 if it smells of curry."

:: Landlord Fergus Wilson defends 'no coloured people' ban over curry

He represented himself in Maidstone County Court
Image:Mr Wilson represented himself in Maidstone County Court

In January, Mr Wilson also banned plumbers, single parents, people with children under the age of 18, and "battered wives" in the criteria sent to agencies representing his properties in January.

Outside court he maintained there was a "problem" with people "cooking curries" in their homes.

He said: "It gets into the carpets, it gets into the walls.

"You'll find that most landlords think the same. I'm here because I said it."

He said the remarks were "a bit of adolescent banter", adding: "The real issue here is nothing about right or wrong or whether it's lawful, it's really the investment strategy of new entrants to buy-to-let.

"Many of them will not purchase at all now.

"Because of what happened, because of that email being sent off, there will be people who will not be housed, people not buying buy-to-let properties, and the Government needs private investors to buy buy-to-let properties."

so many lols to be had.

Anyway, he should be OK - 'owns' all those houses - rather then renting them from the bank and being bailed out by zero % interest rates, subbed by muggins here.

... Also, he should be fine - he can sell them all, hasn't he got a 1,000 odd property portfolio that he's flogging to overseas 'canny investors' ...

oh wait, never mind.

He really is a fucking arse, I hope he gets rinsed.

Archived