DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Schwarze Null

spygirl

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Eh?  Is this the German version of Q?  

Zero deficit.

Germany pushing their exports into rest of Europe.

Not trying to balance by spending on much needed infrastructure.

Moving to the EU to a showdoen with US.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Zero deficit.

Germany pushing their exports into rest of Europe.

Not trying to balance by spending on much needed infrastructure.

Moving to the EU to a showdoen with US.

Good luck with that. Think the Germans have been there a couple of times before. o.OxD

• 3 weeks later...

This is an interesting metaphor, and conspiraloons like me love me some illuminati shit. 

Where's the UK debt clock, or even the local council debt clock? I'm somewhat jealous a large city like dusseldorf is close to being debt free yet Kent County Council's debt is over a billion quid and growing. 

On 27/09/2019 at 20:28, spunko said:

Kent County Council's debt is over a billion quid and growing. 

Relax no biggie. Just bang the council tax up innit. 

On 27/09/2019 at 21:28, spunko said:

Don’t worry it’s backed by shopping centres no one else wanted to buy

• 2 weeks later...

Investment pot overflows as Germany’s infrastructure crumbles

Failure to tackle repairs blamed on construction capacity rather than lack of funds

https://www.ft.com/content/a8e535e0-e837-11e9-a240-3b065ef5fc55

The Fritz Karsen school in Berlin is in dire need of a makeover. A year-and-a-half ago, its wood and metal workshops were flooded with sewage when an underground pipe burst. Christian Glaubitz, workshop manager, has been waiting ever since for someone to fix the mess. “I just hope it’s dealt with before I retire,” he said. 

That should happen: he is only 43. But there are so many big repair jobs pending at Fritz Karsen that his pessimism is understandable. The 1,250-pupil school, founded in 1948, is plagued by crumbling plaster, defective showers and toilets so smelly they sting the eyes. It will cost €18m to put everything right.

Berlin’s municipal government has promised to help and has set up a €5.5bn fund to repair the capital’s ageing schools and build new ones. But in today’s Germany it is one thing to allocate money and another to spend it: persistent bottlenecks in the system have led to a massive investment backlog that is proving almost impossible to clear. 

Whats happened, over last 20 years, in germany, is for various reasons all tge work force n cash has been throen at exporters.

National infrastructure has been ignored.

If germanywants to step up and bail itself out if this mess it needs to start a massive jnvestment druve.

They can use EE for a lot of work, scoring brownie points.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:28, spunko said:

Wtf? Does the council drink bollinger every day and go on knowledge trips to the Virgin Islands every week or something?

26 minutes ago, Errol said:

Wtf? Does the council drink bollinger every day and go on knowledge trips to the Virgin Islands every week or something?

Lol.

Councils. They pour £50s out of the window in a gale and call it investment in wind energy.

HMRC - have stalled collecting (jimmy carr) contractor type umbrella company tax dodge payments. An ex contractor i know got stung for £28K but they didnt send an invoice for the final review and said it was being looked at by an independant 3rd party (ie HMRC lackeys), anyway he got a letter saying you can pay it now or wait until after the review (in which it may get scrapped), so who in their right mind would pay it now and then try to claim it back. Its crackers.

40 minutes ago, Errol said:

Its mostly pension deficit I believe. Don't forget KCC is one of the UK's biggest employers, bizarrely. 

14 hours ago, leonardratso said:

HMRC - have stalled collecting (jimmy carr) contractor type umbrella company tax dodge payments. An ex contractor i know got stung for £28K but they didnt send an invoice for the final review and said it was being looked at by an independant 3rd party (ie HMRC lackeys), anyway he got a letter saying you can pay it now or wait until after the review (in which it may get scrapped), so who in their right mind would pay it now and then try to claim it back. Its crackers.

Id be careful.

They charge interest.

They are just dotting their 'i's.

The whole IR5 personal service company working for one company for 12+ months is gone; dead.

14 hours ago, spunko said:

Its mostly pension deficit I believe. Don't forget KCC is one of the UK's biggest employers, bizarrely. 

Public sector, in its various forms, is *the* biggest employer.

Look at WhatsApp. The rolled out a worldwide messenger and voice system. Their pay roll was .... 55.

Thats probably the number of people on long term sick on one of kents councils many many departments.

Read this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-13/ex-u-k-pension-chief-says-negative-yields-will-make-you-cry

BM: If gilts remain low or even negative for a prolonged period that will have to impact your plan’s deficit calculations. What will this mean for defined benefit schemes like USS’s? Already, USS members have gone on strike over increases in contribution rates.

RG: I will cry as I say this. If long-term risk-free assets remain as they are today, just do the math: You may have to pay 50% of salary. It’s a huge strain on affordability. The cost now is huge in order to generate returns while being prudent for schemes with guaranteed benefits.

Unfunded, DB publci sector pensions need gutting or mass layoff of the public sector.

24 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Id be careful.

They charge interest.

They are just dotting their 'i's.

The whole IR5 personal service company working for one company for 12+ months is gone; dead.

yes, they are claiming from back in 2010, he stopped being a contractor maybe 2012, so its a retrospective claim they are making.

Theyve been talking to him for nearly a year now, then it was all sorted and he owned them 28K, the invoice never arrived, instead a letter saying we are reviewing this and it may be deemed unfair and be scrapped, and in the letter - you could pay the 28K now or wait until after the review where it may be scrapped.

Just spoke to him - he said it also said it wouldnt be more that the agreed amount - even if he left it until after the review and it was deemed fair.

Archived