• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Thorn

Petropavlovsk

8 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

That's chart is not too dissimilar to my EFR x100 bagger 🤣

Well would you look at EFR right enough (puts Down his tea immediately).

thanks longtomsilver

2 hours ago, Thorn said:

Well would you look at EFR right enough (puts Down his tea immediately).

thanks longtomsilver

This isn't advice. I'm pinning my hopes on a recovery in the uranium markets. The assets they do have are of a low grade and only become viable above $40lb U308. Between the ranges of $40-$60 I'd hope to see EFR similarly priced (in CAD obviously). 

It's no more serious an investment than a lottery ticket or NS&I premium bonds. I just think I have a greater chance of winning and hold 3000 shares.

14 hours ago, Thorn said:

Yeah I hold them. Firmly in the special situations/ recovery play box.

I was around when this was Peter Hambro mining, - and this stock was like £10 odd. I saw him at the UK Investor show presentation a few years ago.

I can't remember the full story, but they got into really big financial trouble one time, and there was a huge share dilution to salvage the company.

There will always a be a drag on this stock, because there are 3bn shares in issue (I like to see under 1bn shares for stocks that I look at). There is also the perceived geo-political risk - a decade ago before Putin got more power, this was a darling on the London Stock Exchange. 

Still an interesting stock that I have on the monitor. 

20 hours ago, Loki said:

@201p I have a tiny amount on them, might drop a bit more in soon. Thanks for the tip

Hi I didn't start the thread, but I may post on a stock if it looks like interest is heading that way. There are two ways with investing in mining companies. Buy and hold, or jump on the waves of interest from stock to stock.

It closed around 20.5p so it hasn't quite cleared that area yet, I'd like it to see a daily close above 22p or 23p.

POG seems to be benefiting from the market falls. We haven't heard much from the Russians from Covid-19, with only 13 cases and ZERO deaths. World cases has surpassed 100K to date.

p.png.eea7207393cb4e053b4b4be73f5a7bfc.png

I put another small amount in recently after noticing it seemed to like your 22p close idea. Forgot to update this thread.

Only this, SSE and NG are up in my portfolio right now!

I have a very small amount in POG and my only shares in positive territory are POG and 2 other small miners: SLP Sylvania Platinum and AAU Ariana Resources.  I can't remember the rationale for buying them and for ages they did nothing and it's only tiny amounts.

Otherwise it's a sea of red!

Just now, 201p said:

The next area is the 30p area - it's a big ask, can it get up and past 32p/33p?

I'm saying nowt - don't want to jinx it!

The recent oil price plunge should be good for them from a cost perspective. Cheaper energy and seeing as they’re based in Russia cheaper salaries seeing as the Rouble will/should remain depressed the longer the oil price is kept down.

Don't know if anyone is still in this - this is why I find shares under 50p hard to trade, as they whipsaw a lot. If you are still in WELL DONE!

p.png.92b707babd582c4f46ffdce7f1ef6aab.png

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 201p said:

Don't know if anyone is still in this - this is why I find shares under 50p hard to trade, as they whipsaw a lot. If you are still in WELL DONE!

p.png.92b707babd582c4f46ffdce7f1ef6aab.png

Yup, still in.  Just in the blue at the moment. I only trickled a few hundred into it.  No point selling every 5 mins in an ISA with associated fees.  It was a miner I felt happy to chuck a bit towards (NGD was the only other, again only a small amount).

Edited by Loki

Posted (edited)

I'm the same and well into the blue too and I'm hanging on.  I only put in £200 so it's never going to be megabucks but the graph makes me happy :) especially when just about everything else is in the red.

Edited by janch

POG on a mad one today.  Tempted to set a stop loss but have ended up selling out of a temporary dip that then goes higher before

Sign in to follow this