• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Boris Bridge v2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7453927/Why-DOES-Prime-Minister-think-build-crossing-Scotland-Northern-Ireland.html

What a wonderful idea. I am not sure if it's required from an economic POV, but given that the Chinese have just built a 100+ mile bridge (over land, granted), this seems like something that Britain should do. The defeatist attitude of can't do this, can't do that is tedious.

Edited by spunko

31 minutes ago, spunko said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7453927/Why-DOES-Prime-Minister-think-build-crossing-Scotland-Northern-Ireland.html

What a wonderful idea. I am not sure if it's required from an economic POV, but given that the Chinese have just built a 100+ mile bridge (over land, granted), this seems like something that Britain should do. The defeatist attitude of can't do this, can't do that is tedious.

Erm, why would you build a 100 mile bridge over land? Couldn't you use the land?

Who cares about Ireland troublemakers we should be planning a wall not a bridge.

I have been on a boat in the Irish Sea a few times and that was a few times too much. A tad windy to say the least. I suspect it will be closed most of the time. But it will make it easier for migraints coming into the UK via Eire. 

The Russians might object though as they like to park up their Oscar boats in the Irish Sea. All that building work will upset them when they are trying to sleep off their hang-overs xD

5 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I hope they put a cycle path on it

I just became in favour of the cheaper route to Campbelltown.  (Perhaps not many of you have been there, because its the arse end of nowhere, and 140 mile drive from Glasgow, over woefully inadequate A-class roads, subject to landslips - but good cycling country!)

If the bridge/tunnel went to the Isle of Man and then on to England that might offer some alternative to the backstop issues as they would be going through non eu and non UK territory - the Island is a self-governing British Crown Dependency.   Give the Isle of Man the problem.  I dare say it might be good for their economy.

Edited by twocents

Like a bridge over troubles water?

What is it with this yellow haired cunt? Get out the EU only to have a fucking bridge going to Ireland?? 

I'd prefer there wasn't a way for an invading army of "new EU-ers" to just wander over. 

Fill in the channel tunnel while we're at it. 

Humph. 

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp