• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

How fucked up is zoopla

Recommended Posts

Got bored and decided I'd look at the oracle that is zoopla personally I doubt my house has increased in value partialy because of a local rogue landlord that committed a 12 million pound mortgage fraud and the enforced sale of maybe 60-90 local terraces has the bank tries to recuperate some cash 4 sold 3/4 weeks ago on the same day for 48k no doubt to one person another factor will be the clamp down on buy to let 

IMG_0001.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Probably, lie about everything in a negative way, make it sound like it's just a shell, needing loads spent on it. 

Sounds like my street but to be fair we have no bag heads left they have all been badly beaten up once to often but it's taken 2 years it's now nice and quiet however 2 boarded up houses looks bad I might find out who owns the one opposite me via land registers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zoopla is totally totally totally usellss.

I dont know how it works but it appears to take prices from houses, then puts 20% of the most expensive one, then say all other houses are worth the same.

Its fucking ridiculous.

It would not matter so much but I know of so many women - just women - who look a the zoopla numbers then spend the increase.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, spygirl said:

zoopla is totally totally totally usellss.

I dont know how it works but it appears to take prices from houses, then puts 20% of the most expensive one, then say all other houses are worth the same.

Its fucking ridiculous.

It would not matter so much but I know of so many women - just women - who look a the zoopla numbers then spend the increase.

 

What could possibly go wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, spygirl said:

zoopla is totally totally totally usellss.

I dont know how it works but it appears to take prices from houses, then puts 20% of the most expensive one, then say all other houses are worth the same.

Its fucking ridiculous.

It would not matter so much but I know of so many women - just women - who look a the zoopla numbers then spend the increase.

 

Going to have trouble spending -£260k in a year.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/cedars/bagshot-road/chobham/woking/gu24-8sj/10010466

Very sadly, my ex landlord's place has dropped £100k as well, and now appears to be worth £250k less than it is on the market for.

Conversely, my current place is valued at over £500k, but he can't even get a viewing despite listing it at 12% lower than zoopla's lowest estimate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Going to have trouble spending -£260k in a year.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/cedars/bagshot-road/chobham/woking/gu24-8sj/10010466

Very sadly, my ex landlord's place has dropped £100k as well, and now appears to be worth £250k less than it is on the market for.

Conversely, my current place is valued at over £500k, but he can't even get a viewing despite listing it at 12% lower than zoopla's lowest estimate.

 

£500k on the Island? Are you living in Osborne House?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Going to have trouble spending -£260k in a year.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/cedars/bagshot-road/chobham/woking/gu24-8sj/10010466

Very sadly, my ex landlord's place has dropped £100k as well, and now appears to be worth £250k less than it is on the market for.

Conversely, my current place is valued at over £500k, but he can't even get a viewing despite listing it at 12% lower than zoopla's lowest estimate.

 

Are you tempted to put a cheeky offer in?  xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Going to have trouble spending -£260k in a year.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/cedars/bagshot-road/chobham/woking/gu24-8sj/10010466

Very sadly, my ex landlord's place has dropped £100k as well, and now appears to be worth £250k less than it is on the market for.

Conversely, my current place is valued at over £500k, but he can't even get a viewing despite listing it at 12% lower than zoopla's lowest estimate.

 

Oh i dont doubt that whatever fucked algo is used, as soon as prices turn - and they have - then zoopla will start rapidly adjusting downwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

What could possibly go wrong

One i know checks every month to decide how much to spend on treats.

Shes 2 or 3 v late entry io btls too.

Unaware of the new tax rules.

Already had needed to withdraw 60k of equity to remortgage the first one - othereise the morgzge would have been less than the rent. The rent is already 300m too high, not sure what her tenant is up to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spygirl said:

One i know checks every month to decide how much to spend on treats.

Shes 2 or 3 v late entry io btls too.

Unaware of the new tax rules.

Already had needed to withdraw 60k of equity to remortgage the first one - othereise the morgzge would have been less than the rent. The rent is already 300m too high, not sure what her tenant is up to.

 

People I’m talking to are pulling out of residential letting sand turning their property into holiday lets. I’m guessing they were switched on enough to see and understand the tax changes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stokie's property is typical of what has happened taking a line across from the Lincolnshire Wolds through the North Midlands to North Wales. 2012 was about the nadir of the Market up here after an inflation adjusted crash  of about 30% from 2004. A 26.5% rise since purchase in 2012 against 17.5% rpi.

So a rise in real terms of under 10%, recovering a bit of that 30% slump in the preceding eight years. Pretty much my experience of prices in the Peak District.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, One percent said:

People I’m talking to are pulling out of residential letting sand turning their property into holiday lets. I’m guessing they were switched on enough to see and understand the tax changes 

But not enough to grasp that holiday lets are going to be taxed to death.

A huge industry built up on properdee 'investment'

The tax changes destroyed it.

So, theyve focused on holiday lets, without being hoest about the how hard he cinome is to get. And that an oversight means that tax are going to change.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Stokie's property is typical of what has happened taking a line across from the Lincolnshire Wolds through the North Midlands to North Wales. 2012 was about the nadir of the Market up here after an inflation adjusted crash  of about 30% from 2004. A 26.5% rise since purchase in 2012 against 17.5% rpi.

So a rise in real terms of under 10%, recovering a bit of that 30% slump in the preceding eight years. Pretty much my experience of prices in the Peak District.

The guy I bought it from paid 67k he took a bit of a hair cut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Sounds like my street but to be fair we have no bag heads left they have all been badly beaten up once to often but it's taken 2 years it's now nice and quiet however 2 boarded up houses looks bad I might find out who owns the one opposite me via land registers 

O a street where theres more than a few boarded up windows, Id expect houses to going for 1x average wage.

Boro's terrible in this respect. The palce is much worse than Stoke.

Riddles with junkies, EE and asylum seekers. All pulling bennies.

https://www.home.co.uk/search/results.htm?lat=54.5719&long=1.23921&location=ts1&TOWN_SEARCH=1&MAP_SEARCH=&high=&low=&minbeds=&maxbeds=&detached=true&semi=true&terraced=true&flat=true&radius=1&sort=PRICE&found_since=&inc_sold=0&loose=1&showmap=0

Its only gormless BTL that have inflated those prices:

Property Features: TWO BEDROOM MID-TERRACE PROPERTY PART OF A PORTFOLIO OF 5 PROPERTIES NO FORWARD CHAIN PRICED TO SELL! EXCELLENT INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY POTENTIAL FOR EXCELLENT RENTAL YIELD VIEWING HIGHLY ADVISED PLEASE CALL NS ESTATES ON[use Contact Agent Button] TO ARRANGE A VIEWINGProperty Description: This . . .

https://www.home.co.uk/search/more_details.htm?property=4215642536

Its not priced to sell.

15k is priced to sell there.

I should add that I knew someone who bought a house near that street in 1988 - thats 31 years ago.

He paid ~15k.

Even then, he had a lodger paying ~150/m and was using that cash to overpay the mortgage.

Mortgage was gone in ~5 years.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.