• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
GBDamo

New Bill Burr special on Netflix

Recommended Posts

I'm so glad it's good - I was worried he may have gone soft since he got married and had a kid. Will be watching it tomorrow night.

Dave Chappelle's new special is fucking brilliant; and I'm not really a Chapelle fan but you have to check it out - I'm surprised netflix actually broadcast it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I've got it 8 quid a month no tv license or sky here we all have to have a vice

Netflix, Prime and Now TV cost about £25 a month combined. Get loads of live sky channels. Masses of box sets and catch up. The odd decent film. 

Live sport if you want to occasionally pay extra for it. 

And on each service you can watch on 4-6 different devices each - and usually 2 at the same time as well.

So between 2-3 friends / family it's less than a tenner each for all the TV you will ever need and no TV licence. 

It's actually decent value imo.

As for the full sky package £100+ a month. Total rip off. 

Edited by ccc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yup. My brother and I go halfers (6 quid a month) on a Netflix family package and let my parents have it for free. Bargain.

I had it for 12 months for free via the x I can’t complain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ccc said:

Netflix, Prime and Now TV cost about £25 a month combined. Get loads of live sky channels. Masses of box sets and catch up. The odd decent film. 

Live sport if you want to occasionally pay extra for it. 

And on each service you can watch on 4-6 different devices each - and usually 2 at the same time as well.

So between 2-3 friends / family it's less than a tenner each for all the TV you will ever need and no TV licence. 

It's actually decent value imo.

As for the full sky package £100+ a month. Total rip off. 

They will try do something about sharing in time I can even use the Xs skygo

if I want but don’t has I’ve got no

intentipn of paying towards that in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

They will try do something about sharing in time I can even use the Xs skygo

if I want but don’t has I’ve got no

intentipn of paying towards that in the future

Probably - may as well take advantage whilst we can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

I've got it 8 quid a month no tv license or sky here we all have to have a vice

The wife pays so shame not to use it.  Try and avoid Netflix own movies as endings seem to leave me annoyed.

Its my dark months evening fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm so glad it's good - I was worried he may have gone soft since he got married and had a kid. Will be watching it tomorrow night.

Dave Chappelle's new special is fucking brilliant; and I'm not really a Chapelle fan but you have to check it out - I'm surprised netflix actually broadcast it.

Watched Chappelle's and whilst it was good I felt he was still holding back, not quite hitting the nail squarely on the head.

Then there's a 10 min after show montage where he shares stories of his encounters with the Obamas and various other right on hard lefties and you get who he is and where he's coming from, and why his jokes never really hit that hard.

On the other hand Bill Burr's first half hour rips feminism, #MeToo and other liberals memes to piecies, opening them up to all the ridicule they deserve.

Love the "just ask for consent" heckle at about 20mins in Bills like "you heard my story, and that's what you took from it". You could see how taken aback Bill was at the gulf in different people's ability to process the same information and arrive at different conclusions.

There's still hope while the likes of Bill Burr can still play to a packed Royal Albert Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Errol said:

I'm surprised anyone on here has cuckflix.

We've been watching the original Men Behaving Badlys on there, the ones with Harry Enfield in. Never seen them before so for us that's cutting edge comedy... circa 1992, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Not just the first half hour. I spat my tea out laughing at the airbags bit. They have got a load of stand up specials on there suddenly.

Ditto on that same bit. Was on my own in a hotel room lastnight and probably gave the neighbors a heart attack. 

If you haven't watched f is for family I heartily recommend. Especially for anyone who grew up in the 70s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people like to re-watch favourite movies over and over but not me. I prefer to rent movies. There definitely are so very many movies To Rrent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Burr show is very funny, but wish he would tone some of the shouty delivery down. Surprised to hear he is married to a black woman, as from previous specials I've assumed he is Americas red neck comedian of choice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Some people like to re-watch favourite movies over and over but not me. I prefer to rent movies. There definitely are so very many movies To Rrent. 

From where though? Ever since lovefilm went, all the replacements are rubbish for films. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spunko said:

From where though? Ever since lovefilm went, all the replacements are rubbish for films. 

To Rrent was not a typo :Jumping: it's not like I would ever recommend people get films from dodgy sources  you certainly should not do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rowley said:

The Burr show is very funny, but wish he would tone some of the shouty delivery down. Surprised to hear he is married to a black woman, as from previous specials I've assumed he is Americas red neck comedian of choice!

Nah, not at all. In an older show, I forget it's name, he has a long skit about dating a black girl and taking her to meet his racist grandma. Very funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

To Rrent was not a typo :Jumping: it's not like I would ever recommend people get films from dodgy sources  you certainly should not do this. 

Why do something that's clearly illegal when the legally ambiguous streaming sites are so good these days?

Streamlord, 123movies and Yesmovies work very well, so I'm told.

(I couldn't possibly confirm or deny, though you may need a browser with good popup blocker such as Firefox with Ublock Origin).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Why do something that's clearly illegal

Not trying to make a case for anything but I think you're incorrect there. If I download something from Russia where it's legal then am I doing something illegal? If you say yes it is then you are supporting governments such as the USA who say if it's illegal in the US then it's also illegal outside the US, even if it isn't. I agree with you that the cross-jurisdiction nature of the internet makes this sort of thing a very grey area. 

I have never tried the streaming sites because I am wary of coitus interruptus where you just get to the climax of the movie then connection fails or whatever. I like to know I've got the whole thing or not bother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Not trying to make a case for anything but I think you're incorrect there.

...

I have never tried the streaming sites because I am wary of coitus interruptus

:D

Furry muff, I totally get it.

I'm not a legal eagle expert on this stuff, but did do a bit of reading to becalm the missus when she kept fretting that the plod was going to bash our door down for streaming Peaky Blinders.

General consensus seemed to be that downloading it means that you have it physically (digitally) in your possession, and have paid nowt, hence copyright theft, or whatever bullshit law it supposedly contravenes (actual likelihood of having to explain it to the judge 0.0000001%)! 

But when you stream, those noughts and ones are never really in your possession, hence no crime to answer. And this is supposedly backed by some EU court ruling, which is good enough for me, gawd bless em. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.