• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

The end of marriage

A few threads here that cross lines.  Could have posted in the dosbods thread but thought it deserved a thread of its own.

first story

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7456209/Marriage-rates-continue-FALL-England-Wales.html

The proportion of women who are married in England and Wales has dipped below 50 per cent while the number of people who are single continues to increase. 

New data published by the Office for National Statistics today shows that since 2008 the proportion of men who are married has fallen by 1.8 per cent from 53.3 per cent to 51.5 per cent. 

But the number is now below 50 per cent for women, having dropped by 1.3 per cent from 50.8 per cent a decade ago to 49.5 per cent in 2018.

However, the overall size of the married population increased over the past decade because of overall increases in the size of the population. 

Second story

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49459674

The number of people killed as a result of domestic violence in the UK is at its highest level in five years.

Last year, 173 people were killed in domestic violence-related homicides, according to data obtained by the So-Called BBC from 43 police forces across the UK - an increase of 32 deaths on 2017.

One criminologist described them as "invisible victims of knife crime".

It comes as Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the government was "fully committed" to tackling domestic abuse.

third story

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7455421/Slump-rape-prosecutions-despite-record-number-allegations.html

The number of people convicted of rape has slumped to less than 2,000 despite nearly 60,000 complaints being made to police last year.

Just 3.3 per cent of all rape claims made to authorities lead to a conviction, meaning only one in thirty complainants see the person they accuse punished.

The shocking figures have led campaigners to claim that rape is being 'effectively decriminalised' in Britain.

The percentage of reports which lead to a conviction in rape cases is much lower than many other types of crime.

In drugs cases and those involving possession of a weapon, around one in three cases lead to a successful prosecution.

5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Am I reading the So-Called BBC article correctly? EVERY victim was female?

Wow?

Well a guy around the corner nearly died last year after he couldn't be arsed to shag his girlfriend think she got 7 years I did post it on here

2 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

Victims of marriage..new turn of phrase..

must be gay marriage then?

Yes I hear them. I’d be out now if I’d murdered the twat. :)

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Well a guy around the corner nearly died last year after he couldn't be arsed to shag his girlfriend think she got 7 years I did post it on here

I guess you’re safe then. xD

28 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Am I reading the So-Called BBC article correctly? EVERY victim was female?

Wow?

Radio stated that 75% if DV were female.

So ...... 25% of M DV is hardly tiny. And f on m dv is vastly under reported.

So, like ive said its prob 50-50.

Then they need to look at violence committed by women on kids babies - huge and just not touched - cot death......

24 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

What about tgat hammer killer wife who went round to her ex hubby, who did vatter her, then killed him.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

A few threads here that cross lines.  Could have posted in the dosbods thread but thought it deserved a thread of its own.

first story

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7456209/Marriage-rates-continue-FALL-England-Wales.html

The proportion of women who are married in England and Wales has dipped below 50 per cent while the number of people who are single continues to increase. 

New data published by the Office for National Statistics today shows that since 2008 the proportion of men who are married has fallen by 1.8 per cent from 53.3 per cent to 51.5 per cent. 

But the number is now below 50 per cent for women, having dropped by 1.3 per cent from 50.8 per cent a decade ago to 49.5 per cent in 2018.

However, the overall size of the married population increased over the past decade because of overall increases in the size of the population. 

Why only mention the proportion of women? 

Looking at other stats available:
There were 338 divorces of same-sex couples in 2017, more than three times the number in 2016 (112 divorces); three-quarters (74%) of same-sex couples divorcing in 2017 were female.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/divorce/bulletins/divorcesinenglandandwales/2017

8 minutes ago, whocares said:

They are not really married (under UK law) if their only marriage ceremony is Islamic?

Actually the government have been bending over backwards to accommodate polygamous relationships instituted “in jurisdictions where it is legal” while preserving strict bigamy laws for ceremonies in the U.K.

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

There were 338 divorces of same-sex couples in 2017, more than three times the number in 2016 (112 divorces); three-quarters (74%) of same-sex couples divorcing in 2017 were female.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/divorce/bulletins/divorcesinenglandandwales/2017

Divorce lol can they be really married in the first place all gay marriage has done is to devalue marriage in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Divorce lol can they be really married in the first place all gay marriage has done is to devalue marriage in my opinion 

And it wasn't worth much to start with...

(Only joking, Mrs. Eight)

10 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Well that probably answers my question on the discrepancy between men and women (are there a lot more gay marriages than lesbian ones?). 

The fact that there must be less sounds like grounds for a grass roots campaign of some sort. 

29 minutes ago, jm51 said:

Gay people have as much right to be miserable as straight people.

Lesbian couples who don’t engage in serious domestic violence at least once a quarter are like dark matter: theoretically they must exist, it’s just that no-one has ever found any.

Too many men are now deemed 'economically unattractive' to marry;

https://www.infowars.com/researchers-blame-marriage-rate-decline-on-a-lack-of-economically-attractive-men/

And then, 'economically attractive' men have seen how the divorce rape movie plays out, or simply don't want to entertain the bevy of single mothers.  Millenial women also suffer delusions of grandeur about their looks.

6 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

https://www.infowars.com/researchers-blame-marriage-rate-decline-on-a-lack-of-economically-attractive-men/

And then, 'economically attractive' men have seen how the divorce rape movie plays out, or simply don't want to entertain the bevy of single mothers.  Millenial women also suffer delusions of grandeur about their looks.

LOL @ the term 'economically attractive'.

"He's got a face only a mother could love, but he's economically attractive..."

I know a bloke who married a woman who hadn't had sex with him for two years pre-marriage. The then had no sex for a further two years post marriage (including the wedding night). She then decided she wanted a baby and had lots of sex with him...until she got pregant. Then the sex stopped again.

I'm guessing this is what it's like to be an Economically Attractive man. I'm sure the divorce courts are also filled with Economically Attractive men.

So with that in mind, who the fuck would want to be Economically Attractive?

24 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

That's the crux of it.

Young love and lifetime marriages still exist but post 25 or so women are marrying for lifestyle advantage even if their potential husbands still think in terms of young love.

That has probably always been the case and I'm not saying that it's a bad thing; it's perfectly rational behaviour.

What has soured this centuries old arrangement is the rise of the unfair divorce laws whereby in marrying a woman not only gains that lifestyle advantage during the marraige but continues to do so after it even if the divorce was entirley her won fault.

If I was an attractive 20 year old woman (bit of a stretch of the imagination required here I admit) then I would be going to the nightclubs where professional footballers are to be found.

Marrying a Premiership footballer is effectively a lottery win to these women.  They will have a life of pampered luxury which will continue even if they divorce the poor mug.

More cerebral men would realise this but these are after all footballers.

Exhibit A: Rebekah Vardy.

Marriage number 1

10 years before meeting Jamie Vardy, Rebekah was married to electrician Mark Godden.

However the relationship lasted just six months, and she rebounded hard 9_9, going from one relationship to the next.

It was during this time that she became a mum for the first time aged 22, to daughter Megan.

Six-year relationship with footballer

After Godden, Rebekah started a six-year relationship with Luke Foster, a former player for Oxford United. [Who didn't turn out to be a big success after all, leave him and try again]

They had one child together, a son named Taylor, before breaking up.

Meeting Jamie Vardy

Then, while working as a party planner in 2014, Rebekah met Jamie Vardy.

After being hired to plan a birthday party for the Leicester City star, he apparently persisted in asking her out until she accepted – and the rest, as they say, is history. KERCHING!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/whats-on/who-rebekah-vardy-becky-celebrity-771140

Here is Jaime, pictured as he tries desperately to remember how to clap his hands because he knows that people are watching him and laughing.

spacer.png

Well no surprise marriage rates are falling, what's in it for men? Divorce rape (pretty much all instigated by women), divorce rape, financial and emotional oblivion, battling to see your kids, getting screwed over left right and centre. 

The lie of feminism saying you can have it all - ride the cock carousel and have untould yards of Chad cock then suddenly become a born-again virgin and 'settle-down' for some beta- provider who you secretly will grow to despise as you're worth it and why can't you have Chad and Tyrone to give you the tingles like you did in your 20s ... see point above.

Re. DV stats, well they are of course under-reported for female -> male DV.  The official stats put male victims at least 25-30% of cases.  Yet the whole system, funding and judicial system assumes the Deluth model (of male aggression only and female victim status) and is stacked against men. Some 'blind justice'.  The rates of inter-personal DV is near equal when you look at the definitions of DV (controlling behaviour / verbal aggression etc.  It's only when physical and violent aggression is looked at that the male:female ratio becomes 'unbalanced').  The rates of DV in same-sex relationships are pretty high.  How's that for the big bad male patriarchy?

Rape stats and convictions - in the wake of MeToo I think we are of course seeing a backlash.  The mere 'feeling' you've been raped when in it's either blatantly false or regret sex has skewed the debate.

I believe that the actual conviction rate of cases taken to trial , NOT ARRESTS OR ALLEGATIONS have remained pretty consistent for years.  Yet the SJWs want to have it all - the mere allegation, sometimes from decades ago with no evidence is enough to demolish a persons life.

Can you imagine actually being falsely accused of rape???? Can you imagine the shear mental hell that would you go through.  I went through false DV allegations from my ex and that was bad enough. No wonder people top themselves under these situations.

Anyone falsely accusing of DV / rape should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and pay financially for emotional and psychological damage.

Then of course you have the vagina pass - the get out of jail card where women receive much less harsh sentencing than men for the same crimes. Look at the paedophile teachers we have.  A female is given far less punishment than a man. Just reverse some of the sexes and you would never see a man get the same treatment.

Drunken attacks by women on other women and men in pubs / clubs - usually given suspended sentences. Men go to jail.

... and then the ultimate pussy pass

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7456865/Brooke-Skylar-Richardson-NOT-GUILTY-murder-manslaughter.html

2 hours ago, jm51 said:

Gay people have as much right to be miserable as straight people.

Gay people have been shirking their duty. It's time for them to shoulder the responsibility of marriage whilst the rest of us get to be free and do as we like.

Marriage is a gay thing now.