• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Wight Flight

Question Time

8 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

UKIP need to go for the throats of MP’s who have gone against the wishes of their constituents.

In Loughborough (and all other constituencies where MP’s have betrayed their plebs) the campaign leaflet should just be (A-Team inspired):

If you have a traitorous MP and they won’t listen, find us on your ballot paper: You should vote for The UKIP Team...

Last election I seem to recall it was more "and if you can find them". 

6 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

This week's token comedian was rubbish.

The audience member scored a pretty good gag at the expense of Jo Brand.

Undoubtedly the best joke of the night was on the panel.....

Caroline Lucas.

Predictably the fat thing wants a "Rich peoples vote".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1058783/Brexit-news-Second-EU-referendum-Jo-Brand-BBC-Question-Time

7 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Caroline Lucas.

She made the point that brexit should be resolved by a 'Citizens Jury' composed of 500 randomly selected persons. That got ridiculed by dumbledor.

Isnt that what we pay parliament for to do anyway?

6 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

She made the point that brexit should be resolved by a 'Citizens Jury' composed of 500 randomly selected persons. That got ridiculed by dumbledor.

Isnt that what we pay parliament for to do anyway?

In line with the referendum vote? (i.e. 240 remainers and 260 that didn't know what they were voting for)

7 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

In line with the referendum vote? (i.e. 240 remainers and 260 that didn't know what they were voting for)

She didnt comment on how they would be selected. It didnt get that far. It got laughed off by dumbledor and the audience. I expect they would be selected from some random part of the UK, Richmond perhaps? 

46 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Has anybody ever seen Eddie Izzard and Jo Brand in the same room ?

I believe they are the same person.

I reckon we need her on QT donning her Izzard disguise in the event of a second referendum. Lest we forgot he/ she gained a few hundred thousand votes for Leave.

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

The last show for Dimbletwat and he shows good form in the last dying seconds.

Does everyone at the Beeb hate him as you'd have thought the production team would have arranged for some surprise guest to present him with something?

Be interesting to see if Fiona Bruce is quite as effective as him at stifling debate. If she isn't I wouldn't expect her to last long.

23 hours ago, Band said:

Must be why they didnt bother with a comedian this week and got that fat posh thing namely Jo Brand on instead.

Long ago, back in the mists of time, comedians were on the panel to, I presume, provide a little comedic relief. Court jesters, as it were.

Somewhere along the line these clowns started to believe their access to their media outlets made their opinions important, more important than those of ordinary people.

5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Long ago, back in the mists of time, comedians were on the panel to, I presume, provide a little comedic relief. Court jesters, as it were.

Somewhere along the line these clowns started to believe their access to their media outlets made their opinions important, more important than those of ordinary people.

I often wonder what happened. In the 60s and 70s, particularly singers, were anti establishment. To the point we’re they could, with a little push, have brought about a revolution. 

I guess Gramsci with his concept of hegemony was right after all 

Posted (edited)
On 13/12/2018 at 18:35, Wight Flight said:

I know there are four women on the panel but I wouldn't call any of them wank material.

Robin Day gave no room for doubt when announcing his panel. On the first ever Question Time he announced the only female panellist as "the Beautiful". That's what I liked about Robin he  knew what the viewers were after:/. Not sure what SJWs would think of that today.

Other than being unpc things were incredibly respectful back then, Foot was totally innocuous compared to the likes of McDonnell today. Sexists quips have been replaced by a leftist hate and envy fest.

Edited by crashmonitor

7 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

For the avoidance of nightmares, neither eat cheese nor watch Emily, Lady Nugee for several hours before bedtime...

Damned autocorrect!

What did it say?

...and never eat Emily, Lady Nugee for several hours before bedtime....

Where did they get all the white re-moaners in the audience from, were they bussed in?

10 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

What did it say?

...and never eat Emily, Lady Nugee for several hours before bedtime....

Where did they get all the white re-moaners in the audience from, were they bussed in?

Dunno, went off to eat the strange blue cheese lurking in the fridge since Christmas in the hope that I will dream of anything other than Emily, Lady Nugee....