• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Something for everyone ...

18434194-7459961-image-a-2_1568365041439

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7459961/US-Stealth-Bomber-costing-2-1bn-call-sign-DEATH-lands-British-RAF-base.html

I can go Ooooohhh.

Hippies can worry about its carbon foot print.

Boring old lezzas and jezzas can worry about the imperial war industrial complex.

And our new citizens can have a glimpse at whats going to blow their kids up in whatever shithole he jihad moves to.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

18434194-7459961-image-a-2_1568365041439

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7459961/US-Stealth-Bomber-costing-2-1bn-call-sign-DEATH-lands-British-RAF-base.html

I can go Ooooohhh.

Hippies can worry about its carbon foot print.

Boring old lezzas and jezzas can worry about the imperial war industrial complex.

And our new citizens can have a glimpse at whats going to blow their kids up in whatever shithole he jihad moves to.

It’s the equivalent of the WW2 battleships that were assumed to be godlike but proved to be nothing but a total liability with the advent of air power. Drone swarms will render this equally obsolete.

Three - which is rare - were deployed several weeks back. Very rare for that number to be deployed outside of the continental United States. Even places like Guam tend to only get one at a time.

So something was up. A message was being sent to someone. Or some operation was being prepared. Or maybe Trump was waving a sword at... who? Iran? Turkey? Someone was in the cross-hairs.

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m confused. It’s a stealth plane so how do you actually see it?  Do you needs special glasses? 

Yeah, what are you lot seeing? All I can see is a picture of people staring up at at the sky. Is it behind that cloud?

First time I saw one of those was in the mid 90's whilst standing on the edge of a US swamp smoking a spliff to celebrate the end of my shift. Flew right over me and completely freaked me out as I had never anything like it. I did lay off the weed for a bit after that.

55 minutes ago, spunko said:

Negativity aside, I've always wanted to see one of these in the flesh. I finally saw an Sr-71 at Duxford last year, it's unfortunate they don't have one of these there.

Saw an SR-71as a young teenager when they were still flying (Farnborough I think). Awesome looking and sounding piece of kit.

Funnily enough, still reminds me of the Bristol 188

.Bristol_Type_188a.jpg.0dbca7862f09d016fdf1fcc10c17f924.jpg

Don't get me started on the Miles M52...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_M.52

Handed all our research data to the Americans for no return, prototype months away from being completed and cancelled. We could have broken the sound barrier, and it wouldn't have been rocket propelled and needed to be dropped from a plane.

The begining of the end was somewhere between this and them scrapping the TSR2.

I hold great hopes for Reaction Engines hybrid air breathing engine though. I just hope it isn't in vain.

Edited by MrLibertyRedux
Spellink

saw them flying around a couple of times this week, quite noisy for a stealth plane, 2 flew over at 8.30 one morning which was impressive and another day saw one banking in the clouds a few miles away. Saw a B52 flying overhead Thursday with the new engines - 4 instead of 8, still a rumbling thunder type noise though.

IMG_2208.JPG