DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Do you like a big bathroom?

sarahbell

17 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's not really that moronic to fail to realise - after all it's called Messenger and nowhere do they say it's connected to Facebook. Same with WhatsApp - obviously intentional.

Well if you Google 'whatsapp' you get this:

image.png.fd86257895ccb9c4402937666c26fbc9.png

You don't even need to use additional terms like 'owner' :)

AlfredTheLittle
On 16/09/2019 at 09:21, Cosmic Apple said:

Most don't get Whatsapp is owned by FB. I was on site the other week and a girl was telling everyone how she's deleted her FB account because they spy on you etc etc. another asked "how she communicated with her friends?", "Whatsapp" she replied. Moron :)

Why does it matter if they're spying on you? Serious question

On 16/09/2019 at 15:19, spunko said:

it's connected to Facebook. Same with WhatsApp 

I was OK with using WhatsApp until Facebook acquired it. They acquired the founders along with it and in the end they couldn't live with working at Facebook so left. One of them started a WhatsApp fork named Signal Messenger which is pretty much a clone of WhatsApp but more secure. Our management use it instead of the official corporate Skype, and I think during one of the recent number 10 spats it came out that cabinet use it as well. I like it. 

On 17/09/2019 at 09:51, AlfredTheLittle said:

20 years ago you said this on twitter/whatsapp/facebook.

Ask any politician with a spine.

AlfredTheLittle
9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

20 years ago you said this on twitter/whatsapp/facebook.

Ask any politician with a spine.

That's not spying, those are things which are posted publicly

3 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

What about when Steptoe gets in and uses it to disappear his opponents. I.e. you?

59 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Might be you drunk at a party fondling boobs or snorting white powder, perhaps being in fancy dress Trudeau style or taking the piss out of someone etc etc.

See below (might not be a great example) for the UK.

https://www.businessinsider.com/judge-explains-how-facebook-social-media-photos-can-be-used-against-you-in-court-2017-5

This might be more applicable to everyday posts.

http://thecustodyminefield.com/social-media-how-to-wreck-your-case/

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2011/01/27/182240.htm

https://www.journal-news.com/news/social-media-posts-admissible-court

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

I was OK with using WhatsApp until Facebook acquired it. They acquired the founders along with it and in the end they couldn't live with working at Facebook so left. One of them started a WhatsApp fork named Signal Messenger which is pretty much a clone of WhatsApp but more secure. Our management use it instead of the official corporate Skype, and I think during one of the recent number 10 spats it came out that cabinet use it as well. I like it. 

Thanks, hadn't heard of it. Skype is dire. 

On 17/09/2019 at 09:51, AlfredTheLittle said:

Morally i think its wrong Zuckerburg is a mind control freak, look at his qualifications. It doesnt matter so much that they are spying, i have nothing to hide but to cream all my data and sell it to 3rd parties behind the pretence of a chat site is just wrong. I reckon they owe us all money for taking part.

• 1 month later...

Archived