• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Democorruptcy

Sam Smith: Singer wants to be called 'they' instead of 'he'

Sky News respects Smith's wishes and will refer to him as they in the rest of this article.

This was the best bit:

In their speech, they said: "I stand here as a proud gay man and I hope we can all stand together as equals one day."

https://news.sky.com/story/sam-smith-singer-reportedly-wants-to-be-called-they-instead-of-he-11808457

22 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Sky News respects Smith's wishes and will refer to him as they in the rest of this article.

This was the best bit:

In their speech, they said: "I stand here as a proud gay man and I hope we can all stand together as equals one day."

https://news.sky.com/story/sam-smith-singer-reportedly-wants-to-be-called-they-instead-of-he-11808457

I will refer to him as “who?”.

34 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

This was the best bit:

Honestly, when I saw the thread title, I thought this would be referring to someone with schizophrenia. Not PC I know but who the fuck else is a “they”?

I feel sorry for the guy*.

He*'s clearly got a gender identity problem, but he*'s being encouraged to think that he* can muck about in this way.  He needs psychotherapy, not people indulging him in his fantasy.

[* I'm not playing his game.  It is for his own good -- he should work it out for himself instead of letting other people tell him what to do]

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

Hungarian does not have any gender specific pronouns - everyone is neutral - so perhaps Mr Smith should move to Hungary?

This is what "did not compute" when I was doing French at school, was it "Le Port" or "La Port". It's a fucking door, it doesn't have a dick or tits (I had a bit of a "discussion" with the teacher over that in front of the class).

How am I meant to remember the gender of every single object in the universe to learn a new language?

I fucked it all off for maths and science, they made much more sense.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Honestly, when I saw the thread title, I thought this would be referring to someone with schizophrenia. Not PC I know but who the fuck else is a “they”?

Maybe they should be renamed as "The Voices".

8 minutes ago, King of Fools said:

Career on the wane. Needs a bit of publicity.

Probably just too much cocaine and having people from London climb up his arse as he's almost famous and can afford a small flat in zone 1.

Perhaps I am thick but it actually hurts my brain to even contemplate addressing people by their preferred pronouns and not their ACTUAL pronouns. It goes against everything my f**king brain is telling me is in front of me and everything it has learned over my entire life. All to satisy what? Somebody's sensitivity? I think I'd be slipping up left right and centre without intense concentration.

What next, calling a spade a fork?

Edited by SillyBilly