• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Sugarlips

“Serious spy shit”

Blame Canada

“Because of his unique role, he knew about every major national security investigation at home and abroad” 

“..this could potentially be one of the worst cases of espionage that we’ve ever seen in Canada,” said Stephanie Carvin, a national security expert and assistant professor at Carleton University.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5899146/senior-rcmp-arrested-charged/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

If it is the Chinese it's got to be one of the first westerners who've been used for this purpose. Normally they use their own - posing as students from Beijing etc. 

(going by the name I'm assuming he's not Chinese ethnically anyway)

5 hours ago, dgul said:

I hate the way the media throws around statements like 'terabytes of information!' as though we should find it meaningful -- that could just be a few hours of 4k video.

bit harsh - the media were just quoting a source

Probably France he's spying for based on his name:

Today's generation of the Ortis family bears a name that was brought to England by the wave of emigration that was started by the Norman Conquest of 1066. It comes from the Old English given name Aldus. Ald, the first part of the name, means old.

2 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

so was I, he's spying for Trump, the great orange one

No need that I can think of, our government (the Canadian one that is) already gives the US every piece of intelligence it receives as far as is possible to tell. I think China is the most likely explanation.

6 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

No need that I can think of, our government (the Canadian one that is) already gives the US every piece of intelligence it receives as far as is possible to tell. I think China is the most likely explanation.

Surely all those Canadian secrets are for the Queen, not upstart colonials.

19 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

you always know where you stand with the chinese

5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Only the Queen has the recipe for Maple Syrup, eh?

I'm sure the Queen secretly has Bratwurst for Frühstück. Churchill never knew, as he had kedgeree, and G&T.