• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

That’s a marathon to you

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7463925/Snickers-chocolate-bars-changing-Marathon-30-years.html

Chocolate company Mars will change the name of their Snickers bar back to a Marathon bar.

They will produce a limited edition version of the Marathon, which will be sold in Morrisons in a four pack for £1.

The bars will be sold in Morrisons supermarket stores for the next three months, according to the Daily Star.

The bars were initially named Marathon in the UK and Snickers in the US, before they were renamed to Snickers in the UK in 1990 to make the brand globally consistent.

im blaming Brexit 🇬🇧 

Just now, 201p said:

There's money in retro and nostalgia. 

Keep an eye on 1990s mountain bikes. People are starting to pick them up, and do them up. 

There are loads of "money from tat" programs on TV, not that anyone here watches them, or DO they?

Nah, don't watch much TV. But am aware of these programmes - I don't have the skills to do up a Ford Capri or BMW E30. 

Doing up old things, tinkering staves off the midlife crisis!

---

For people that don't normally buy chocolate bars. They may get get a warm tingly feeling down below (in their stomach!), that stirs old emotions, and will pick up a Marathon in their weekly shop whereas normally they would walk past Snickers.

I can guarantee, on eating one, they'll remark - THESE HAVE GOTTEN SMALLER!

Oh and the chocolate tastes like plastic!

20 minutes ago, 201p said:

Nah, don't watch much TV. But am aware of these programmes - I don't have the skills to do up a Ford Capri or BMW E30. 

---

For people that don't normally buy chocolate bars. They may get get a warm tingly feeling down below (in their stomach!), that stirs old emotions, and will pick up a Marathon in their weekly shop whereas normally they would walk past Snickers.

Welcome to America. My sister got me a tin of "Low Quality Street" at Christmas. Better off with the Aldi German chocolates. At least they taste nice. Hope they are available after Brexit.

24 minutes ago, 201p said:

---

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Welcome to America. My sister got me a tin of "Low Quality Street" at Christmas. Better off with the Aldi German chocolates. At least they taste nice. Hope they are available after Brexit.

Hotel chocolate. That is all. 

I would not touch Cadbury any more. Complete shite. Don’t know what they have done to it 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Hotel chocolate. That is all. 

I would not touch Cadbury any more. Complete shite. Don’t know what they have done to it 

Bastard Quakers, always starting a fight.

2 hours ago, 201p said:

There's money in retro and nostalgia. 

Keep an eye on 1990s mountain bikes. People are starting to pick them up, and do them up. 

It's ridiculous, I wanted to buy an old portable stereo for £5-£10 as a DIY radio, but you can't really buy them cheap any more - everyone thinks their shitty old Matsui piece of wank from the 80s or 90s is 'retro' or vintage and asking £50 for it.

Edited by Boglet

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Most SUVs, 95% of them would fall to bits if truly taken off-road and that applies to the +45K wank mobile that is the new Czech built Defender.

To be fair to them, I've got an old Defender and that falls to bits every time it's taken off-road.

But then, it falls to bits on-road as well.