• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bus Stop Boxer

Home Insurance

9 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Anyone got a reliable company to recommend?  WRT paying out on claims.

Home and contents.

They all seem like complete theives.

If your house can burn, I think I have the blokes for this "insurance job".

The trouble with insurance is that all the recommendations come from how easy it is to give them money and how much they smile when you do it -- not how easy it is to extract money from them when something goes wrong.

1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Anyone got a reliable company to recommend?  WRT paying out on claims.

Home and contents.

They all seem like complete theives.

LV=

But honestly just buy the fucking cheapest.

Thanks all.

Im with LV for car insurance and was already leaning this way. Surprsingly Churchill seem to be decent payers too.

Should get me a twinge of discount.

They do seem to come out quite well across the board.

Found this article after i posted.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-6963563/The-best-worst-insurers-car-home-insurance-claims.html

12 hours ago, GARCH said:

LV=

But honestly just buy the fucking cheapest.

12 hours ago, Hopeful said:

I was just about to say LV,

the best insurance company i have found.

Another vote for LV.

They came onto my radar when a woman at work was in a car accident and was so impressed by their claims handling compared to that of her own insurer (she was with the Post Office, the other party was with LV) that she switched on renewal.

With them for house and car; annual increases are small and I think this year my car insurance actually went down slightly.

When I had solar panels fitted I expected an additional charge and an admin fee. It was neither; the nice lady just said she would make a note but there was no charge.

As with any insurance company however they can rate very differently; my mother does low mileage (usually less than a thousand a year) and they rate her as risky for this reason so she is with another insurer that has a much lower premium.

Prior to switching to LV I was with Hastings Direct who were the cheapest but their administration was awful and they even threatened to cancel my insurance at one point because they had mistakenly charged me for recovery cover when I had clearly said that I didn't want it and wasn't paying for it.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

As with any insurance company however they can rate very differently; my mother does low mileage (usually less than a thousand a year) and they rate her as risky for this reason so she is with another insurer that has a much lower premium.

She's a drag racer, running on a big block supercharged V8 on methanol and nitrous?

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

She's a drag racer, running on a big block supercharged V8 on methanol and nitrous?

She drives to the same handful of local places and back.

Sometimes my Dad drives it to another town to give it a run because I would lay money that my Mother has never driven faster than thirty since she's had it.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

She drives to the same handful of local places and back.

Sometimes my Dad drives it to another town to give it a run because I would lay money that my Mother has never driven faster than thirty since she's had it.

Should live on IoW then.

Edited by MrPin