• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

lid

Belter rave songs

What years were we all raving then? See I only caught the end 2000-2004 when The Sanctuary closed that was pretty much game over. 
There's still a few little ones now, met a lad at work who was well into his happy hardcore and still went to watch the same DJs who were at it 20-30 years ago. Fuck knows how he does it, I'd be asleep in the car by midnight nowadays.

Clinging pretty loosely onto the term rave but I always loved this. Only heard it once at an event, felt like it was going to rip the blow the doors off.

Posted (edited)
On 16/05/2020 at 19:33, Calcutta said:

What years were we all raving then? See I only caught the end 2000-2004 when The Sanctuary closed that was pretty much game over. 
There's still a few little ones now, met a lad at work who was well into his happy hardcore and still went to watch the same DJs who were at it 20-30 years ago. Fuck knows how he does it, I'd be asleep in the car by midnight nowadays.

Early 90s til late 90s. Twas a golden era

Edited by lid
Gettin ready for the best time in your life

Posted (edited)

Belter from the State nightclub mid nineties. Ah to be 18 again 👌

Edited by lid
The minge was much less obese as well

On 19/05/2020 at 00:51, lid said:

Belter from the State nightclub mid nineties. Ah to be 18 again 👌

Yeah the only way I'm going to be surrounded by skinny little birds in hot pants now is a greasy trip to Bangkok.

Started raving summer of 1992 just as I turned 16. Initially locally in Glasgow, moving on to clubs wider in Scotland - The Metro, Hanger 13, Fubar and the odd big event - Eurodance at Prestwick Airport, Rezerection and Fantazia

Was at this aged 16 - remember walking in off my face and girls dancing everywhere in skimpy tops and bras - what a night.

Round about 1995 moved on to more techno stuff and started going to The Arches to see Slam, Laurent Garnier, Dave Clarke and people like that. By 1998 I was working in a job with random drug testing, so other than the odd Boxing Day at the Arches my raving/clubbing was over, before I was 23 so totally missed the times of Gatecrasher, Creamfields and all that. Started listening to old sets about 18 months ago, and I'm totally loving 1998-2000 trance/hard house sets, been listening to this every couple of days for 18 months - https://soundcloud.com/andrew870927/live-from-creamfields-1999.

One of the best things about the lockdown for me has been the DJ's playing sets of FB - been sitting out in back garden listening to Tall Paul, Judge Jules and various others every weekend, for those of you still liking early 90's rave check out the Streetrave page on Facebook, a few weekends ago FPI Project, Shades of Rhythm, Altern 8 and others all done really good sets.

12 hours ago, lid said:

Sitting in the garden listening to rave tunes. Beats those Saturday night possessions. 👌🍻🍺

Your neighbours must fucking love you.

I think I was too old to "get" rave when everyone was, erm, raving about it...!

Everything's shite since Roy Orbison died...

XYY

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Your neighbours must fucking love you.

I think I was too old to "get" rave when everyone was, erm, raving about it...!

Everything's shite since Roy Orbison died...

XYY

Elvis was not a fuckin Cajun:Old: