• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

stokiescum

Get Banned off Facebook for hurty words

Try interacting with the trans community on Twitter. Perfectly politely (I'm generally pretty polite, but the short tweet length means I can't flower things with caveats or give qualifications like I might on here if I am going to say something contentious).

Within 48 hours you'll have an email from Twitter that one or more of your posts has been "reported".

41 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Try interacting with the trans community on Twitter. Perfectly politely (I'm generally pretty polite, but the short tweet length means I can't flower things with caveats or give qualifications like I might on here if I am going to say something contentious).

Within 48 hours you'll have an email from Twitter that one or more of your posts has been "reported".

I would end up in court

20 minutes ago, dgul said:

I don't understand -- as reported earlier by the BBC the correct response to hurty words is to ignore them.  

Perhaps Facebook hasn't got the message.

Well my Mercian flag has arrived so I’m now going to be racist to most of Britain the problem is now which boundary’s of Mercia I’m going to use the danelaw divide was a bit easier to follow

50 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Shit. That looks like tat from the local Horley Davidson shop.

I don't know what Harley Davidson shops you're frequenting Pin but they don't sound like the ones down 'ere.  I went into my local one the other day for a browse, just to waste time while new tyres were being fitted and it was as if I'd gone into a BMW showroom.

I wanted surly staff with long greasy hair and beer bellies, not hipsters in suits. :CryBaby:

4 minutes ago, spunko said:

I don't know what Harley Davidson shops you're frequenting Pin but they don't sound like the ones down 'ere.  I went into my local one the other day for a browse, just to waste time while new tyres were being fitted and it was as if I'd gone into a BMW showroom.

I wanted surly staff with long greasy hair and beer bellies, not hipsters in suits. :CryBaby:

Christ the world changes doesn’t it. And you stand there thinking “what the fuck happened and how did it “. o.O

i fucking hate car salesman (especially bmw) with a vengeance. They see woman and just think you are there to be ripped off. 

I run my cars into the ground so I don’t have to deal with them. 

6 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's the world man. It's all turned to shit. I'm a serial re offender with these Horley Davidsons. I just don't have the look for it. You have probably seen me on a camel, the Harley of the Middle East. Don't you knock the Bavarian Moped and Lawnmower company, BTW. Their bikes rock!

Nah, you can offend, hurt and threaten to kill people on Facebook, as long as they belong to a non-protected out-group minority...... Like cyclists.

I know, I tried to report a post which condoned running over cyclists to see what would happen, nothing happened. This is despite me being convinced that social media employee's are all gender neutral, Costa/Starbucks coffee drinking Vegan cyclists.

Edited by Snark

19 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Well my Mercian flag has arrived so I’m now going to be racist to most of Britain the problem is now which boundary’s of Mercia I’m going to use the danelaw divide was a bit easier to follow

After Guthrum and Alfred agreed the Danelaw, while nominally independent, Mercia never had a king again. It became just a protectorate of Wessex under the governorship of Alfred’s sister, Æthelflæd. Odd choice of historical period for a patriotic Mercian to celebrate.

(Surprisingly good iPhone autocorrect on her name!)

Edited by Hail the Tripod

17 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

After Guthrum and Alfred agreed the Danelaw, while nominally independent, Mercia never had a king again. It became just a protectorate of Wessex under the governorship of Alfred’s sister, Æthelflæd. Odd choice of historical period for a patriotic Mercian to celebrate.

I'm going to opt for the king penda period but the problem with this era was he allied with the Welsh 

On 17/09/2019 at 14:20, Hail the Tripod said:

You enjoy bernard cornwell novels i take it?

On 16/09/2019 at 18:36, DTMark said:

You'll end up in the Daily Mail or Crimebodge.

13 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Enjoy history generally. I did enjoy Cornwell’s Saxon Chronicles, but I couldn’t bear the So-Called BBC adaptation.

My standard defence is that Wessex didn’t win it alone and it didn’t new coins have proved the mercians were allies they airbrushed history aided by marriage ie the Mercian king died the wife was the sister of the Wessex king 

On 16/09/2019 at 20:20, stokiescum said:

So, do we troll you now by posting stuff like this?

image.png.6679bb26267fc1de73eb5a5ca4df252d.png

28 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

So, do we troll you now by posting stuff like this?

image.png.6679bb26267fc1de73eb5a5ca4df252d.png

My main bugbear is the welsh aided the mercians  a lot well when we weren’t killing each other the other one that most only remember the kingdom of Wessex either way it’s northumberland that does my head in the most land of the prince bishops my arse we made saints of them