• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

More lunatic parenting #124

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7473545/Father-lives-social-housing-insisted-no-intention-finding-time-work.html

A father who lives in social housing and believes in child-led parenting has insisted he has 'no intention' of finding full-time work as it's 'not in his psyche'. 

Matt Allen lives with his wife Adele and their three children, eight-year-old Ulysses, Ostara, four, and baby Kai, in Brighton and works a few hours a week as a yoga teacher. 

In Stacey Dooley's new documentary for the W channel, Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over, she meets their children - who co-sleep with their parents, do not attend school, decide what they eat themselves, have no fixed bed time and aren't allowed mainstream medicine. 

The father-of-three feels it's more important that him and his wife, a full time mother, are at home with their children rather than working - however he doesn't feel he's abusing the system because his family has a 'minimalist impact on society'.  

He needs to fuck off and get a job 

More twattery from the article 

Asking how he affords to provide for his family while working a few hours a week, Stacey, 32, asks: 'How do you do it all Matt, is it all benefits?' 

He responded: 'Mostly, mostly, but we claim the very bottom line. 

When asked whether he felt he was taking advantage of the social system he said: 'Do we feel as if we're abusing the system?  I really don't think we are, because we have a minimalist impact on society in many respects. 

'In regards to social systems - schools and the NHS - we save money on that. Adele didn't have births at hospital so we saved money on that. 

Yes, he really does need to fuck off.  Back in the day, he would be reviled as a sponger 

and in typical threadcrossing style, they are homeschooling.  Or rather not as the eight year old is illiterate 

It was also revealed that eight-year-old Ulysses wasn't able to write his own name, with his mother insisting that it's 'absolutely fine' for her son to 'take his time' picking up literacy skills. 

She said: 'What's it stopping him from doing other than meeting test requirements?

'I don't know any home educated children who go past the teenage skills and don't pick up the literacy skills. 

'At the moment he's eight years old and it's absolute fine for him to take his time picking up those skills - so it's not urgent right now.'

Standard Mail pissboiler though I'm not sure who's interested in Stacey Dooley having a chat with them. 'Oh honey! Bring a cuppa through as that program with Dooley talking to some crusties is on and I feel the need to hear what they have to say as if I didn't already know!'

They're clearly cretins but I could point you to a town where half the population are on the take and it would make this greasy-haired ballbag and his brood look like very small beer indeed.

30 minutes ago, One percent said:

... because his family has a 'minimalist impact on society'.  

The delusion is strong with this mystic yogi. 

28 minutes ago, One percent said:

It was also revealed that eight-year-old Ulysses wasn't able to write his own name, with his mother insisting that it's 'absolutely fine' for her son to 'take his time' picking up literacy skills. 

O.o

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Standard Mail pissboiler though I'm not sure who's interested in Stacey Dooley having a chat with them. 'Oh honey! Bring a cuppa through as that program with Dooley talking to some crusties is on and I feel the need to hear what they have to say as if I didn't already know!'

They're clearly cretins but I could point you to a town where half the population are on the take and it would make this greasy-haired ballbag and his brood look like very small beer indeed.

No doubt it’ll make a viewer feel better about their own (lack of) parenting efforts. My wife watches “Child genius” every year and then has a two week burst of enthusiasm for hardcore hothousing.

22 minutes ago, One percent said:

'In regards to social systems - schools and the NHS - we save money on that. Adele didn't have births at hospital so we saved money on that. 

His understanding of the system is poor.

Medicine is risk-based.  There's an argument as to whether mothers should give birth at hospital or home, but the argument isn't 'oh it cost £x', but rather that 'that option is £x but with any problem costing £y' -- if there's a problem with a home birth then the cost to the NHS is usually rather high, compared to the same problem occurring at a hospital.  (I'd accept that the risk weighted costs might be lower for a home birth, but the cost to the NHS isn't zero).

Education isn't paid for by parents' taxes.  Or even by the future taxes of the children.  Education is paid for by everyone, as we all benefit from having a workforce that isn't completely dumb.  These people, by removing their children from the education system, are making it more difficult for me to benefit from their labour in the future.  Now, they might not want me to benefit from their labour in the future, but then I might not want them to benefit from my charity (welfare) in the future.  (I would accept that home-schooling can actually be rather effective when done well, but it isn't easy to do it well, even with highly motivated and intelligent parents. )

2 hours ago, One percent said:

The father-of-three feels it's more important that him and his wife, a full time mother, are at home with their children rather than working - however he doesn't feel he's abusing the system because his family has a 'minimalist impact on society'.  

That should be 'he and his wife'.

I'm not normally a grammar Nazi but I'm not letting the Daily Mail off the hook on that one - especially as the article is partly about poor education.

(Not getting at you 1%)

5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

That should be 'he and his wife'.

I'm not normally a grammar Nazi but I'm not letting the Daily Mail off the hook on that one - especially as the article is partly about poor education.

(Not getting at you 1%)

No I know you’re not. 

Im spotting this stuff all over. The quality of writing is piss poor in a lot of the legacy media.