• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

EU farmers post brexit

It's clear where all of that EU "you owe us 100B Euros" BS is coming from - they're shitting themselves over their budget, to which we are the second biggest contributor. The magic money tree is getting some branches lopped off it for once.

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

It's clear where all of that EU "you owe us 100B Euros" BS is coming from - they're shitting themselves over their budget, to which we are the second biggest contributor. The magic money tree is getting some branches lopped off it for once.

Add to that all those queuing up to join are cap in hand .....i see a problem

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Yes, you've also go to think that all of those countries currently in the line are rather less likely to join at all if it's going to end up costing them money.

You might have missed this I spotted t'other day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40433450

The UK's departure from the EU will leave a budget shortfall of at least €10bn (£8.8bn; $11.4bn), the budget commissioner has warned.

Günther Oettinger said the bloc must either spend less or find new money to fill the gap, equivalent to an estimated 16% of the entire budget.

So there we have it, we the twats over the channel stump up at least 16% of their entire fucking budget.

4 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Oh yes. Holland is a big contributor too and they might want out soon.

Leaving Germany and France to pick up the tab for the whole corrupt shambles.

Which might make France see the light and leave Germany to psy for all of it.

Which is nice.

7 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

You might have missed this I spotted t'other day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40433450

The UK's departure from the EU will leave a budget shortfall of at least €10bn (£8.8bn; $11.4bn), the budget commissioner has warned.

Günther Oettinger said the bloc must either spend less or find new money to fill the gap, equivalent to an estimated 16% of the entire budget.

So there we have it, we the twats over the channel stump up at least 16% of their entire fucking budget.

I did indeed miss that! The schadenfreude is almost too much to bear. 

20 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

They'll live.

But there'll be a lot of scratching and squealing in the meantime. The EU budget is a mine field at the best of times. Either the inpayers or the recipients are going to have to adopt a different attitide.

Edited by steppensheep

2 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

Didn't you used to be a bit pro EU?

Not since freedom of movement and the Lisbon treaty and - before that I was generally in favour but sceptical as to how it operated. Since then I may occasionally have made the classic internet mistake of having a nuanced view of some aspects of it! E.g. I do think that free trade is a good thing overall but the European single market is way too protectionist for us to really benefit from it. 

52 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I may occasionally have made the classic internet mistake of having a nuanced view 

Arrr, we dont like your sort round here.

Edited by steppensheep
Arrrr

30 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Haha! 

Interesting. France has a 8 billion hole in its budget for this year due to pre-election splurges, including 1.5 billion for agriculture. With the UK leaving the EU it could be meltdown.

3 hours ago, davidg said:

Interesting. France has a 8 billion hole in its budget for this year due to pre-election splurges, including 1.5 billion for agriculture. With the UK leaving the EU it could be meltdown.

We can but hope. 

They could have avoided all of this by simply giving "call me Dave" (remember him?) some actual fucking concessions.

That was the moment that showed that there was no way to stay in the EU and have any semblance of self determination.

I can't see the Dutch lasting much longer and that's when it'll start to get a bit more interesting xD