DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Evraz Plc

reformed nice guy

reformed nice guy
Current: 462.50p
Year high: 710.20p
Year low: 435.50p
Market capitalisation
: £6.68 bn
P/E ratio: 3.44
Dividend yield: 19.74%

What does everyone think about this? Its a FTSE100 steel producer based primarily in Russia and former Soviet countries.
The dividend and PE look very appealing.
If we are at the end of a cycle, could it be well placed for the next one if it requires lots of fiscal stimulation (bridges, infrastruture, wind turbines etc)?

sleepwello'nights

I first noticed it when I started using dividenddata.co.uk. The highest dividend yield in the FTSE100, haven't bought any because it just looks too good to last.

I bought this early in the year and sold a month or two ago on weakness. I think i received one dividend payment and ended up about 10% up. If I would have sold at the high I would have almost doubled my money.

It's a great stocko stock with a brutal dividend. I didn't like the price action. It is now in the territory of big stock in a medium term downtrend. I no longer touch stuff like this with a bargepole. It would have to break quite decisively on the upside for me to consider buying in again. Chances are it will chop sideways so it's not a bad bet with the dividend. But it's £6.5bn so it's going to have work hard to even two bag.

If you run a passive dividend portfolio then it's probably right up your street.

Just to add, the dividend is certainly a bit wobbly and has been cut this year by 43%: The jury is out on this one for me currently.

image.png.604d224d1bb70bcf3dda39f961c788c7.png

28 minutes ago, billfunk said:

If you run a passive dividend portfolio then it's probably right up your street.

I run a passive dividend portfolio and I hope it's right up my street!  I started averaging in (currently at 25% of target).  So now on my radar to watch.

The red flags are the uber low P/E ratio and double digit dividend yield. This may not be sustainable. What are it's peers paying out and their P/E ratios?

Apart from looming global recession, and the geo-political risk, it looks like an interesting stock. 

Archived