• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit betrayal thread - Part 6

@the gardener

"Regard conscription, my eldest received her call-up papers for Micron's one month compulsory 'citizens service'. You can do military or civilian service. It's limited compared to previous schemes but the intention is to expand it."

How does she feel about it? I view it as slavery what is the punishment for not doing 

19 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

@the gardener

"Regard conscription, my eldest received her call-up papers for Micron's one month compulsory 'citizens service'. You can do military or civilian service. It's limited compared to previous schemes but the intention is to expand it."

How does she feel about it? I view it as slavery what is the punishment for not doing 

Dunno.  You got till the age of 25 to dodge it and then it expires.  I doubt they'll be issuing a European Arrest Warrant any time soon.

100% sure it's a waste of time and effort for all concerned.

8 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Dunno.  You got till the age of 25 to dodge it and then it expires.  I doubt they'll be issuing a European Arrest Warrant any time soon.

100% sure it's a waste of time and effort for all concerned.

When she's older she'll be able to say "they ought to bring back national service, as it never done me no harm".

The Met Police tweeted: "A man was detained in #Parliament Square #Westminster at approx. 10:45hrs today after dousing himself with what appeared to be a flammable liquid." London Ambulance Service is on the scene and the man is being assessed, the Met added. An eye witness told the Mirror the suspect, who was wearing jogging bottoms and a sweatshirt, and who had a lighter, has doused himself in petrol from a cola bottle, with police at Parliament managing to pin him down while someone else grabbed a fire extinguisher.

19149878-7524365-image-m-26_156992636888

19149882-7524365-image-a-27_156992640801

I must admit I'm getting quite worried now that we have, as I understand it, passed the deadline for a GE before 31 October. 

A GE with a Tory or Tory/BP alliance victory was, IMO the last chance for an orderly clean Brexit with a clear peoples' mandate; it would have been very difficult for the Remainers to oppose it after that (though of course, some would try but most of the Remainer MPs would be out of a seat). 

Now, it's hard to see what will happen because it is clear that the Remainers in Parliament will not accept a WTO Brexit and the chance of any agreed deal is minimal. 

Let's remember, Remainers are not stupid. Yes, there are lots of women in Parliament with, as one wag noted, 'IQs in reverse proportion to their BMI' but these are just mouthpieces. There are powerful forces behind them who will stop at nothing to get their way and they have shown they have no regard for the will of the people. 

My worry is now they will try some draconian, final attempt to stop Brexit, in collusion with the EU and other globalists; I'm thinking something along the lines of a declaration of national emergency and a prevention of Brexit by some sort of diktat, regardless of any rules or precedents. 

Anyway, in the words of Jeff Taylor, what do you think?

5 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think a Hungarian billionaire is drooling at the thought of the UK being torn apart and possibly even making huge money from selling weapons to those aiming to destroy us.

6 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I must admit I'm getting quite worried now that we have, as I understand it, passed the deadline for a GE before 31 October. 

A GE with a Tory or Tory/BP alliance victory was, IMO the last chance for an orderly clean Brexit with a clear peoples' mandate; it would have been very difficult for the Remainers to oppose it after that (though of course, some would try but most of the Remainer MPs would be out of a seat). 

Now, it's hard to see what will happen because it is clear that the Remainers in Parliament will not accept a WTO Brexit and the chance of any agreed deal is minimal. 

Let's remember, Remainers are not stupid. Yes, there are lots of women in Parliament with, as one wag noted, 'IQs in reverse proportion to their BMI' but these are just mouthpieces. There are powerful forces behind them who will stop at nothing to get their way and they have shown they have no regard for the will of the people. 

My worry is now they will try some draconian, final attempt to stop Brexit, in collusion with the EU and other globalists; I'm thinking something along the lines of a declaration of national emergency and a prevention of Brexit by some sort of diktat, regardless of any rules or precedents. 

We leave on the 31st which will then force an election,the election will be a rerun of the referendum ,if Boris doesn't win with a parliamentary majority singing from the same hymn sheet ,,,,,there will be trouble 

Regarding the above the silence from the BP of late is telling   

BBC News reporting EU believe UK government plan is to not build customs control and inspection posts on, at, or near to Irish border in Northern Ireland.

The UK plan is for these customs control points to be located in Southern Ireland.

'That's like telling Mexico to build a wall and they must pay for it.'

5 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

We leave on the 31st which will then force an election,the election will be a rerun of the referendum ,if Boris doesn't win with a parliamentary majority singing from the same hymn sheet ,,,,,there will be trouble 

Regarding the above the silence from the BP of late is telling   

The thing is, if we leave on WTO terms on the 31st then Boris should win a majority and th BP  is surplus to requirements. If Boris leaves with some rehashed version of May's deal then the BP will take a lot of seats. 

All the commentators are prattling on about the Irish backstop and variations thereof but the rest of May's so called deal should not be acceptable to any British government.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

BBC News reporting EU believe UK government plan is to not build customs control and inspection posts on, at, or near to Irish border in Northern Ireland.

The UK plan is for these customs control points to be located in Southern Ireland.

'That's like telling Mexico to build a wall and they must pay for it.'

Not exactly..  it's like saying we will put ours on our side, and you put yours on your side..    except we have already said we don't think we need them.

The Europeans desperately don't want to look like they are the ones forcing a hard boarder..  even though they are.

Edited by Libspero

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Not exactly..  

Be more accurately likened to Mexico saying if Trump wants  to build a wall he can, and he can pay for it ?

BBC News at One opened with robot camera shot of empty desk then eventually panned over to a bemused Sophie Rayworth.

2 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

@the gardener

They are mixing posh middle class girls with ruffians from the housing projects in order to promote social inclusion. You can imagine the results.

3 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

They are mixing posh middle class girls with ruffians from the housing projects in order to promote social inclusion. You can imagine the results.

no way I would send my kid. The slavery is not correct 

I have come to the realisation that even if he is a closet Remainer as I've long suspected, I do rather like Boris. He's one of the very few folk in the Tory part that I'd want to go for a pint with. And he hasn't heard of Naga Munchetty either - brilliant.

27 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

no way I would send my kid. The slavery is not correct 

How do you feel about sending your kids to school?

Where do you draw the line between slavery and just education / working ?

I'm not trying to rubbish your proposition that it is a form of slavery but it seems very strong language for what is effectively a work experience placement.   

That said,  I'm not really sure what slavery actually means anymore.

I think it was a BBC piece the other day where they were waffling about modern slavery..   apparently it is nothing of the sort.  Modern slavery is people doing work of their own free will because the alternative would be worse.

Like Thai girls working as call girls because they don't want to work on a farm,    or bar men working behind a bar because they can't afford not to have a job.  The whole world has gone crazy  :/

13 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Theres been a punch up at the tory conference apparently. Lewis Goodall is spaffing about it on Twatter. No details as yet.

Hopefully a leaver twatting a remainer gobshite :Jumping:

Was thinking recently that tempers are getting so frayed that it's only a matter of time before the twatting begins. Some of these remainers are so bloody awful it amazes me that the twats have so far escaped a good twatting. Twats. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Libspero said:

How do you feel about sending your kids to school?

Where do you draw the line between slavery and just education / working ?

I'm not trying to rubbish your proposition that it is a form of slavery but it seems very strong language for what is effectively a work experience placement.   

That said,  I'm not really sure what slavery actually means anymore.

I think it was a BBC piece the other day where they were waffling about modern slavery..   apparently it is nothing of the sort.  Modern slavery is people doing work of their own free will because the alternative would be worse.

Like Thai girls working as call girls because they don't want to work on a farm,    or bar men working behind a bar because they can't afford not to have a job.  The whole world has gone crazy  :/

I see your point re school, honestly my kid goes to a private school, no way he is going to a state a school. 

It is slavery just like taxation and jury service and all the other things we are compelled to do by the state. Wrap it up all you want there is no social contract (if there is I would love to see the one I signed) just the state and it use or threat of violence to control us and looking at brexit, trump, immigration and wars etc I a fed up of it pretending to have any legitimacy; 

Edited to add to the government we are all just free range tax slaves. 

Edited by ad_ceng

33 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Theres been a punch up at the tory conference apparently. Lewis Goodall is spaffing about it on Twatter. No details as yet.

Armed police called to the press area ....the Guardian has lost the plot ,ok i made the last part up

35 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Perfectly normal behaviour, who wouldnt want to slap one of those Tory traitors.