• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit betrayal thread - Part 6

21 hours ago, Bandit Banzai said:

They should make all those remainer wankers pay, the ones who were bragging about their shiny new Irish passports.

Posted (edited)
On 24/07/2020 at 20:10, TheBlueCat said:

Remainers can go hang themselves with their fucking comfort blankets. Man/woman babies the lot of ‘em.

I personally refuse to waste any more time and effort on this endless bore fest, the western system is a walking corpse, blotted on debt, hedonism and lazy pricks looking for someone to owe them a living, its all about the individual and what they want,me me me, they dont realise there are people out there keeping it all running and its got to the point where they are walking away,

If anyone thinks that voting in trump or getting the uk out off the eu will change anything then they need to wake up fast, the system will not allow it, they will trick you into thinking you have a voice but you havent, just worry about your family and the decent people around you, boris and the rest can go fuck themselves

Edited by ninjaborrower

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Image may contain: text that says "WTO tariffs vs EU tariffs: Dairy products 35% Vs 0% Confectionery 21% Vs 0% Animal products 15.5% vs 0% Fish products 11.8% vs 0% Fruit, veg & plants 10.3% vs 0% Cars 10% vs 0%"

So does that mean it'll make more sense for british people to buy british stuff?

I assume the deal soon to be done with Japan means Japanese cars 0%, EU cars 10% unless they want a deal.

No deal means UK trawlers landing all fish in UK waters, assume that means we become an exporter so who will be paying the WTO tarrif?

Fruit veg and plants having a tarrif will maybe trigger UK to grow more of what we can and will the Morrocan and Algerian sun ripened tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers etc etc not taste better than the industrialised long life crap grown under glass with heading in NL that the supermarkets sell ?

Dairy is high - do we import or export and where from/to ?

Hope the UK negotiators are taking these things into account when creating the emergency mini deal with the EU which is likely how next year will start.

How do tarrifs work with npower, EDF, SNCF, DB who havre contracts/customers for our energy and rail?

8 minutes ago, BWW said:

I assume the deal soon to be done with Japan means Japanese cars 0%, EU cars 10% unless they want a deal.

No deal means UK trawlers landing all fish in UK waters, assume that means we become an exporter so who will be paying the WTO tarrif?

Fruit veg and plants having a tarrif will maybe trigger UK to grow more of what we can and will the Morrocan and Algerian sun ripened tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers etc etc not taste better than the industrialised long life crap grown under glass with heading in NL that the supermarkets sell ?

Dairy is high - do we import or export and where from/to ?

Hope the UK negotiators are taking these things into account when creating the emergency mini deal with the EU which is likely how next year will start.

How do tarrifs work with npower, EDF, SNCF, DB who havre contracts/customers for our energy and rail?

In 2017, the UK dairy market exported £1.5bn in dairy produce overseas, in 2018 we exported £1.6bn. The vast majority of our dairy exports are sent to the EU, with 78% of UK exports by value and over 90% by volume destined for the EU market.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Image may contain: text that says "WTO tariffs vs EU tariffs: Dairy products 35% Vs 0% Confectionery 21% Vs 0% Animal products 15.5% vs 0% Fish products 11.8% vs 0% Fruit, veg & plants 10.3% vs 0% Cars 10% vs 0%"

So does that mean it'll make more sense for british people to buy british stuff?

More remainer propaganda, those are WTO tariffs, but Britain mostly won't be charging those levels. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-tariffs-from-1-january-2021

Picking one at random, I think this would include Camembert:

"Fresh cheese "unripened or uncured cheese", incl. whey cheese and curd of a fat content, by weight, of > 40%"

The tarrif is 185 GBP per 100KG. Sainsbury's has mid-range Camembert for 8 GPB per Kg so that's a 23% tarrif, not 35%. 

Looking at choclate as a category, the tarrif is 8% across the board, not 21% as above.

You can check individual items here: https://www.check-future-uk-trade-tariffs.service.gov.uk/tariff

37 minutes ago, BWW said:

No tarrifs on services although any phsysical imports carried out as part of the deal would attract tarrifs just like everything else. 

On 25/07/2020 at 18:11, ninjaborrower said:

I personally refuse to waste any more time and effort on this endless bore fest, the western system is a walking corpse, blotted on debt, hedonism and lazy pricks looking for someone to owe them a living, its all about the individual and what they want,me me me, they dont realise there are people out there keeping it all running and its got to the point where they are walking away,

If anyone thinks that voting in trump or getting the uk out off the eu will change anything then they need to wake up fast, the system will not allow it, they will trick you into thinking you have a voice but you havent, just worry about your family and the decent people around you, boris and the rest can go fuck themselves

You've clearly not read many of my posts if you think I'm a Trump fan. And if you don't think the vote for Brexit wasn't the biggest kick in the bollocks for the British establishment for probably 50 years then you haven't watched the news much either.

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Tariffs (bar on agriculture and a few others) are typically, on average around 3% across the board.  Its the SPS measures & non tariff barriers that's going to cause problems... The new generation of FTAs don't rely on tariffs as such - they are built on the harmonisation of standards... 

Edited by Dave Beans

3 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

You've clearly not read many of my posts if you think I'm a Trump fan. And if you don't think the vote for Brexit wasn't the biggest kick in the bollocks for the British establishment for probably 50 years then you haven't watched the news much either.

There was no kick in the bollocks for the establishment, its all a act to make you think that there was, if you think the debt based system is going anywhere then your wrong, they will just bend society in a way to keep it going,

The trouble is the likes off farage and katie hopkins dont realise theres a growing number of people who are not invested in the system,they dont have some tax loop hole investment in the city of london, or a private/public sector pension to protect or even a property for that matter,

The support farage and his ilk would of got 5 years ago has gone, they dont care if it all crashers, they have nothing now and dont want anything, they have moved on, they arnt materialistic or neo con free market, they just have common sense, the true meaning of being on "the right"

1 hour ago, ninjaborrower said:

There was no kick in the bollocks for the establishment, its all a act to make you think that there was, if you think the debt based system is going anywhere then your wrong, they will just bend society in a way to keep it going,

The trouble is the likes off farage and katie hopkins dont realise theres a growing number of people who are not invested in the system,they dont have some tax loop hole investment in the city of london, or a private/public sector pension to protect or even a property for that matter,

The support farage and his ilk would of got 5 years ago has gone, they dont care if it all crashers, they have nothing now and dont want anything, they have moved on, they arnt materialistic or neo con free market, they just have common sense, the true meaning of being on "the right"

Yes, there really was. But you’re off in conspriraloon land where the whole deal was staged by shadowy figures in the background so literally nothing is going to persuade you otherwise. 

18 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Yes, there really was. But you’re off in conspriraloon land where the whole deal was staged by shadowy figures in the background so literally nothing is going to persuade you otherwise. 

Calling me a tin foil hat loon just tells me im right on this, i dont really care to be honest, there is a growing number of us who realise that looking after yourself and your family is better then wasting your time rooting for people who cant even put a shelf up,

Im not having a pop at you, you have the right mindset, i just think putting your faith in this staged show is wrong, but good luck getting what you want, but  i think it involves ignoring theres mental heads

Edited by ninjaborrower