• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit betrayal thread - Part 6

Customs posts establishedEdit

While the Irish Free State was established at the end of 1922, the Boundary Commission contemplated by the Treaty was not to meet until 1924. Things did not remain static during that gap. In April 1923, just four months after independence, the Irish Free State established customs barriers on the border. This was a significant step in consolidating the border

Imho at the EU’s bidding it will again be Southern Ireland who builds the customs posts on the border again 

History does like to repeat itself 

Going slightly further off topic, has anyone seen the 'Pennyworth' series? I've only seen a couple of episodes and didn't realise that the central character is Batman's butler xD It's set in sort of sixties London and some of the political themes are rather reminiscent of Brexit Britain. Constitutional crisis, far right populists 'of the misguided belief that England is for the English' O.o, political corruption and assassinations. Alfred even gets to shag the Queen xD It even has the gloriously weird and unstable Paloma Faith in one of the main roles:

44 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Going slightly further off topic, has anyone seen the 'Pennyworth' series? I've only seen a couple of episodes and didn't realise that the central character is Batman's butler xD It's set in sort of sixties London and some of the political themes are rather reminiscent of Brexit Britain. Constitutional crisis, far right populists 'of the misguided belief that England is for the English' O.o, political corruption and assassinations. Alfred even gets to shag the Queen xD It even has the gloriously weird and unstable Paloma Faith in one of the main roles:

Not watched yet, but England needs to have a serious conversation with itself before its all too late. It may be already.

5 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

It`s infectious xD

O/T, Priti Patel has a beautiful face and a lovely voice!

I notice the branding of the conference is in Brexit Party pale blue. So they've nicked their colour as well as their best policies!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7521143/Father-psychotic-episode-triggered-EU-referendum.html

father had the first known case of Brexit-triggered psychosis, a psychiatrist revealed yesterday.

The patient, in his forties, was so ill following the referendum he tried to burrow out of hospital with his bare hands.

He even feared that one of his wife's relatives was going to shoot him with a heat-seeking missile.

The patient heard voices in his head, suffered hallucinations and delusions, was increasingly worried about racial incidents and said he was ashamed to be British following the 2016 poll. 

Speechless really. Fucking whole country has gone mad. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7521143/Father-psychotic-episode-triggered-EU-referendum.html

father had the first known case of Brexit-triggered psychosis, a psychiatrist revealed yesterday.

The patient, in his forties, was so ill following the referendum he tried to burrow out of hospital with his bare hands.

He even feared that one of his wife's relatives was going to shoot him with a heat-seeking missile.

The patient heard voices in his head, suffered hallucinations and delusions, was increasingly worried about racial incidents and said he was ashamed to be British following the 2016 poll. 

Sounds like a few of my relatives.

17 minutes ago, One percent said:

If you watched / listened to the MSM 24/7 this would not bean unsurprising (if not extreme) result.

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

With a bit of luck in a few years it will be like the Momment Of Collective Madness following ex-princess Diana's death. Everyone involved will either pretend it didnt happen or pretend they werent part of it. Except the genuinely crazy, of course, but when its just them its easier to pick them out from the easily led.

5 minutes ago, Melchett said:

With a bit of luck in a few years it will be like the Momment Of Collective Madness following ex-princess Diana's death. Everyone involved will either pretend it didnt happen or pretend they werent part of it. Except the genuinely crazy, of course, but when its just them its easier to pick them out from the easily led.

I just cannot understand people getting swept up in this kind of stuff. It’s as if they are not capable of independent thought. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I just cannot understand people getting swept up in this kind of stuff. It’s as if they are not capable of independent thought. 

Me neither. But it does occasionally lead to a lovely quiet day out because everyone else is indoors pinned to to the TV, so I musnt grumble.

7 hours ago, Anglepoise said:

and she knows it

Rees Mogg told c4 news last night that he wouldn't bandy a womens name about after persistent questioning by guru murphy

3 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Me neither. But it does occasionally lead to a lovely quiet day out because everyone else is indoors pinned to to the TV, so I musnt grumble.

Ah yes, I remember Diana’s funeral. Not another soul out. And the sun was shining. Beautiful day. :)

1 hour ago, One percent said:

They were already mad.

This is just an external thing that they can latch on to and obsess about so that they don't have to think about their day to day life. 

I know two remainers and one leaver who I would say are on the brink of Brexit induced mental illness based on the volume and content of their social media postings. It's tragic and yet fascinating to watch. The level of obsession is staggering - they must wake in the morning thinking about Brexit, antagonise themselves and everybody around them all day long, and lie awake fretting about it all night.

It's ironic when you think their biggest life event is likely to be illness or divorce or something similar, which has about a thousand percent greater chance of seriously fucking up their life.

6 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I know two remainers and one leaver who I would say are on the brink of Brexit induced mental illness based on the volume and content of their social media postings. It's tragic and yet fascinating to watch. The level of obsession is staggering - they must wake in the morning thinking about Brexit, antagonise themselves and everybody around them all day long, and lie awake fretting about it all night.

It's ironic when you think their biggest life event is likely to be illness or divorce or something similar, which has about a thousand percent greater chance of seriously fucking up their life.

Posters on here?  o.O

Just now, the gardener said:

Who is or was this Diana of which you speak? 

Some random woman who died in a car crash I think. 

9 hours ago, Anglepoise said:

I notice the branding of the conference is in Brexit Party pale blue. So they've nicked their colour as well as their best policies!

She's a pear shaped midget with a weird facial bone structure.

But anyway 1) we already have a points based system. and 2) Australia, along with Canada, is the only country with higher immigration than the UK. And just like Australia, the UK will end up being taken over by the Chinese and Indians. Not surprising given her ancestry. I don't see any cause for celebration here. The only patriotic policy towards immigration is 1) massively reduce it and 2) devise policies of repatration by vastly liberalizing the channels through which those of immigrant origin can be stripped of their British citizenship. Got knows enough of these Asians have dual citizenship. We can send a big chunk of them back. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Posters on here?  o.O

Nobody I've noticed on here although to be fair I dip in and out of this thread. I haven't yet noticed anybody here using Eric Pebble fonts or using numerology, so I'm assuming everyone is still largely in control of their senses :P

2 hours ago, One percent said:

But crucial to the diagnosis, did he start posting on Twitter?

2 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

news about remainer plot to impeach boris and have a remainer PM

Christ, they are using the same tricks that they are using against Trump.  It’s all there hiding in plain sight isn’t. Surely, even the thickest can see what’s going on. 

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

Christ, they are using the same tricks that they are using against Trump.  It’s all there hiding in plain sight isn’t. Surely, even the thickest can see what’s going on. 

They got the anti Trump plan and used 'Find & Replace' to replace Trump with Boris.