• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

One percent

I’m a doctor you know. Or maybe not

Recommended Posts

What a fucking idiot

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7529701/Robbie-Williams-EXCLUSIVE-Singer-changes-title-DOCTOR.html

Robbie Williams has taken on the role of the real-life Doctor, as he has formally changed his title in documents obtained by Companies House.

The singer, 45, is thought to have changed his title in March when the new details were listed as the director of publishing company Farrell Music Limited.

 

apparently, he failed all his GCSEs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always found the honorary degree and doctorate a really weird thing.  They hand them out to anyone famous enough, so they've not actually got any value, the famous person tends to not offer anything in return (other than turning up).  I suppose it is marketing, but the value doesn't last and there's always the risk that the dimwit celeb will take it seriously (as in this case) and devalue the institution's offering.

As I say, a bit weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Some tax loop-hole? Get yourself some wacky ology doctorate? Put all your property into some charitable trust for your new religion? That kind of thing?

If there's a tax loophole for being a Dr Ive never heard of it....  

Asking for a friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find this honorary Doctorate really irritating.

Most seem to be awarded to any idiot the students think worthy i.e.Jimmy Saville.

Others are awarded to people of real merit such as for literary achievements etc.. and the recipients must find that annoying when they discover that the next one in line is some popular entertainer with a 1K brain.

Edited by Byron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JackieO said:

I was chatting with my Osteopath today.

Chiropractors call themselves Dr's but they don't have a PhD he advised me. I was asking him about the difference between the two.

To be fair....both Oesteopaths and Chiropractors go through the sane rigorous training any Dr has.

PhD is a true Dr......The medical profession stole the title when they pass the Bsc's.  But a PhD is the real Dr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

To be fair....both Oesteopaths and Chiropractors go through the sane rigorous training any Dr has.

PhD is a true Dr......The medical profession stole the title when they pass the Bsc's.  But a PhD is the real Dr.

I once went to a specialist at the hospital.  When he called me in, he asked if I was a medical doctor. No, I replied, a proper one. Oh how we laughed. xD:)

I think I’ve told this story before so apologies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I once went to a specialist at the hospital.  When he called me in, he asked if I was a medical doctor. No, I replied, a proper one. Oh how we laughed. xD:)

I think I’ve told this story before so apologies. 

I attended a meeting with Chief Exec etc. Someone said....'Where's Dr Smith?'    One consultant next to me muttered PhD PhD.

I turned and said....'Yes...a real Dr...unlike you BSc'S.

 

I don't give a fuck and suffer from some weird turrets or something.  You could cut the atmosphere with a knife.....hahahahahah

 

 

ps....I'm a fake Dr...

Edited by Wahoo
Adding my fakey bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I attended a meeting with Chief Exec etc. Someone said....'Where's Dr Smith?'    One consultant next to me muttered PhD PhD.

I turned and said....'Yes...a real Dr...unlike you BSc'S.

 

I don't give a fuck and suffer from some weird turrets or something.  You could cut the atmosphere with a knife.....hahahahahah

 

 

ps....I'm a fake Dr...

xD superb. I can’t stand people who give off airs and graces. I like down to earth people. 

I have been known in social situations, when people get insufferable, to let them waffle on to then mention my doctorate. It tends to floor pretentious twats.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

xD superb. I can’t stand people who give off airs and graces. I like down to earth people. 

I have been known in social situations, when people get insufferable, to let them waffle on to then mention my doctorate. It tends to floor pretentious twats.  :)

Brilliant.......:Jumping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Brilliant.......:Jumping:

I’m working on one at the moment. The daughter of a very elderly neighbour. She keeps telling me what I should be doing. I’ve had a couple of these conversations. I just nod and smile and she gets more insufferable. I’m just biding my time....  xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, One percent said:

xD superb. I can’t stand people who give off airs and graces. I like down to earth people. 

I have been known in social situations, when people get insufferable, to let them waffle on to then mention my doctorate. It tends to floor pretentious twats.  :)

I once worked as an avionics engineer. A middle manager in the office had a PPL and would come in each Monday telling of his adventures taking off from Biggin Hill, doing a circuit of Biggin Hill, landing at Biggin Hill, etc.

We had an office 'boy', a man who had come out of retirement who did admin work to keep himself occupied. He listened to the anecdotes quietly and with the occasional smile.

I was talking to the office 'boy' one day, it turned out he had been a Pathfinder pilot in WW2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I once worked as an avionics engineer. A middle manager in the office had a PPL and would come in each Monday telling of his adventures taking off from Biggin Hill, doing a circuit of Biggin Hill, landing at Biggin Hill, etc.

We had an office 'boy', a man who had come out of retirement who did admin work to keep himself occupied. He listened to the anecdotes quietly and with the occasional smile.

I was talking to the office 'boy' one day, it turned out he had been a Pathfinder pilot in WW2.

Fuck.  Superb. Just superb. xD  I hope to god he worked that into the conversation with idiot bloke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Biggin Hill guy was nice enough, he was just leagues short of what boys barely out of their teens were doing in the early 1940's.

And, to be fair, the Biggin Hill guy, while sitting at his desk doing avionics, did something important for Britain during the Falklands war, but I'm not allowed to tell you what.

Edited by Happy Renting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

The Biggin Hill guy was nice enough, he was just leagues short of what boys barely out of their teens were doing in the early 1940's.

And, to be fair, the Biggin Hill guy, while sitting at his desk doing avionics, did something important for Britain during the Falklands war, but I'm not allowed to tell you what.

Fuck. You work with randy Andy. o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

xD superb. I can’t stand people who give off airs and graces. I like down to earth people. 

I have been known in social situations, when people get insufferable, to let them waffle on to then mention my doctorate. It tends to floor pretentious twats.  :)

Me too. Quite enjoy the "that's Dr Craig to you" line now and again too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.