• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Long time lurking

One for the dance music fans ,,,i`m a piss head

Hmmm. Psychiatrists get funding to give people addicted to a drug (ethanol) another drug to help them.

Trash. They should be telling them the harsh truth. If you don't want to be an addict you have to stop taking addictive and mind altering drugs if you can't take them only now and again in moderation.

No money in that approach though for pharmaceutical companies 9_9

My opinion has been formed from being a former alcohol addict. I went through listening to shit from psychiatrists and psychologists about keeping drinking dairies and being given drugs to "help" me. Thankfully I went to Alcoholics Anonymous. They're very clear. You have to quit but we'll give you our phone numbers if you need support any time. Much more useful than needing support and your next appointment was five weeks in the future.

After sobering up I gained a first class degree in psychology and I still think mainstream psychiatrists and psychologists are mainly shit. You might be lucky though and meet a decent one!

Edited to add - when I told alcohol services I was going to AA they dismissed me and said I was a hopeless case. Haha. That was over twenty five years ago. I doubt I'd have got sober if I hadn't went to AA

Edited by Economic Exile

This part got me thinking :ph34r:

As well as the innovative nature of the research, an obstacle has been the prohibitive cost of obtaining lab-grade MDMA, which costs about £40 per gram on the street, according to DrugWise, an official UK narcotics information website.

“We earmarked £3,500 for our 12g of MDMA, but we are now looking at £62,000 for the 12g,” complained Sessa, the Guardian reported.

well as the innovative nature of the research, an obstacle has been the prohibitive cost of obtaining lab-grade MDMA, which costs about £40 per gram on the street, according to DrugWise, an official UK narcotics information website.

“We earmarked £3,500 for our 12g of MDMA, but we are now looking at £62,000 for the 12g,” complained Sessa, the Guardian reported.

–-------------------------------^^^^^^^ quote

One major thing I took away from doing a Psycholgy degree was.....follow the money/who's paying for the research.

Oh it was £3500 for 12g but the price has gone up now to £62k. Sessa will be well paid so not his problem! He just needs to provide his "evidence" that it "helps" to rehabilitate addicts.

Meantime the addicts are not being told the truth....You have to really want to stop, it's tough to quit, nothing can help other than support to get you through the transition period to quit your addiction. 

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 23:23, Economic Exile said:

After sobering up I gained a first class degree in psychology and I still think mainstream psychiatrists and psychologists are mainly shit. You might be lucky though and meet a decent one!

Wow. Good for you. Absolutely superb.

The internet doesn't permit body language for confirmation but the above is meant genuinely.

"To empathise, you have to have been there".

On 02/07/2017 at 07:11, MrPin said:

I never got this "dance music" as I rarely took enough drugs. I'd rather listen to Wagner, Mozart, or Steely Dan.

It's alright. There's probably a Ride of the Valkyries Tiesto remix.

19 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I think he only remixed Barber's material ;)

11 hours ago, SNACR said:

Funnily enough I was just listening to this the other day.