• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

The ongoing migrant crisis: Italy about to sink under the weight of numbers

I felt that this deserved a thread of its own.

just look at the numbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40470102

Over 500,000 migrants have passed through Italian ports since 2014.

The Italian government has demanded action from other countries within the European Union following the arrival of 12,000 migrants in the space of just two days last week.

where the feck are they all going to live and work? 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I felt that this deserved a thread of its own.

just look at the numbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40470102

Over 500,000 migrants have passed through Italian ports since 2014.

The Italian government has demanded action from other countries within the European Union following the arrival of 12,000 migrants in the space of just two days last week.

where the feck are they all going to live and work? 

London xD

I thought Italy were going to stop 'charity' ships from trafficking migrants into their ports? 

A novel approach would be to rescue people just outside the 12 mile limit of the Libyan coast and then return them to Libya. Do that enough times rather than taking them back to Italy and it might stem the flow of economic migrants from West Africa. 

49 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I thought Italy were going to stop 'charity' ships from trafficking migrants into their ports? 

A novel approach would be to rescue people just outside the 12 mile limit of the Libyan coast and then return them to Libya. Do that enough times rather than taking them back to Italy and it might stem the flow of economic migrants from West Africa. 

Someone put a video together using data from Marinetraffic.com to show some chartlity ships' courses. Interesting. 

https://gefira.org/en/2016/12/04/ngos-are-smuggling-immigrants-into-europe-on-an-industrial-scale/

29 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Oh good, a topic about immigrants...!

That'll make a nice change...

XYY

It's like the 70s.

Still I do believe some of the "charities" have been complicit in "saving" people who probably didn't need saving anyway, if their towns hadn't been bombed to shit.

Just now, One percent said:

A lot of these landing in Italy are African, their towns have not been bombed to shit at least not by the west 

Indeed. They are chancers! Not that I have any disagreements with Africans, except they should have stayed there.

It's not that great here and the weather is shit 9 months of the year.

4 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

12,000 in 2 days, this ends badly, how the hell is Europe supposed to absorb immigrants at that rate, they have to be paid for, most of these people will not have skills, large percentage illiterate, they will be a drain on the taxpayer for the remainder of their lives in Europe.

Return them back every time, and it will help stem the tide by putting some of them off, and impound the boats of those idiotic NGOs

Totally agree. They have not bothered (or had the chance) to be qualified, and get proper work visas. That's exactly what I have to do when I work abroad.

I've said before, what we should do with asylum seekers is make them work for our charity.  Hours and hours every day (beyond the actual paid work they'd be doing as well), working to learn the skills to take back to their country to help make it a better place.  And force them back to their country when the problem is sufficiently resolved -- no arguments.

Any patriot escaping terror/violence would be pleased to do this.  Any chancers wouldn't be -- but no welfare (at all) if you don't do it.  

The very worst thing you can do it take them in, give them welfare (itself encouraging the migration), and use their labour to resolve our own demographic problems, all the while saying 'we've got them now, all your young enterprising people, working for our corporations, and they're even doing the menial jobs we don't like to do!   Your stinking country can just suffer its own demographic problems.  Tough'.  Sounds racist to me.

45 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Oh good, a topic about immigrants...!

That'll make a nice change...

XYY

Should there be a migrant subforum? :Jumping:

Has anyone here heard of the Identitarian movement? There isn't as yet a UK arm but it does look like the start of something (disclaimer: I have donated via their website):

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/05/18/identitarians-block-pro-migrant-ngo-ship-sicily/

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I've said before, what we should do with asylum seekers is make them work for our charity.  Hours and hours every day (beyond the actual paid work they'd be doing as well), working to learn the skills to take back to their country to help make it a better place.  And force them back to their country when the problem is sufficiently resolved -- no arguments.

Any patriot escaping terror/violence would be pleased to do this.  Any chancers wouldn't be -- but no welfare (at all) if you don't do it.

That's actually a fantastic idea. Seems so obvious actually, although I'd never thought of it!

Just now, spunko2010 said:

Should there be a migrant subforum? :Jumping:

We can talk about "the old country", and have nothing in common. That's what Americans do.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

This is the thing that annoys me.  Surely it is deeply racist, like slavery or something.

We've fucked up our own country through mucking up our demographics.  What we'd like is to have all your young trained nurses please.  We're really important, and we'll spunk some money at it to force them here.  Any problems that you have due to all your young trained healthcare bods coming here is your problem, and we don't care because you're a scummy third world country.

Frankly Dgul, we should not be taking nurses from the Philippines, Nigeria, or wherever. There's probably more need for them in their own country, which has paid for the training. Still, you can see why they might be tempted by the adventure.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

This is the thing that annoys me.  Surely it is deeply racist, like slavery or something.

We've fucked up our own country through mucking up our demographics.  What we'd like is to have all your young trained nurses please.  We're really important, and we'll spunk some money at it to force them here.  Any problems that you have due to all your young trained healthcare bods coming here is your problem, and we don't care because you're a scummy third world country.

It is cultural appropriation or even a throwback to colonialism. "My country is better than yours, come here and improve yourself"

(And earn £500 a week in tax credits)