• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bkkandrew

Tarts, bimbos, airheaded crap, national embarrassment, Rugby shit TV

What a shameful calamity.

In case anyone does not know, Rugby was invented, in fact, in Rugby, England. Us expat players and fans have a certain status around the world, held in awe by Rugby fans as the inventors and custodians of the game.

Fast forward to 2019 and all bars are taking the ITV Internet stream. Why not? It’s from England, right?

The “commentator” is some stupid bint, talking about the weather all the fucking time. When the fuck was she in a ruck, scrum or lineout?

Total embarrassment. After 136 years of history and we are left with a simpering slag on National TV beamed around the globe.

I give up.

Commentators need to be absolute experts (John Motson, Eddie Waring) or to have played the sport upon which they are commentating.

I thought it entirely appropriate that the commentators on the Women's Football World Cup were women but think that that should also be true for men's football or, as you say, rugby.

The rules may be the same but playing the game, as with any contact sport, is very different because of the differential in size and strength between men and women.

And as we're talking commentators what on earth makes the So-Called BBC employ Boris Becker for Wimbledon every year; any tiem I have watched thsi he irritates me and anyone else who hears him.  This is the problem of having a monopoly broadcaster.

I loathe female TV presenters on male sports who try to act as if they are one of the lads but who clearly use their feminine charms as and when it suits them to do so.

In an age when when women are going hysterical about whether having a willy or a vagina decides whether you are a woman or not - get over it ladies - men are not allowed to complain about these women trying to be one of the boys. Men are our own worst enemies here because, let's face it, such women are totty for the eyes and we put up with it.

Why don't all the numerous female programmes have a bloke who sticks its oar in every 2 minutes about things.

It's Friday. I feel like ranting.

4 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I loathe female TV presenters on male sports who try to act as if they are one of the lads but who clearly use their feminine charms as and when it suits them to do so.

In an age when when women are going hysterical about whether having a willy or a vagina decides whether you are a woman or not - get over it ladies - men are not allowed to complain about these women trying to be one of the boys. Men are our own worst enemies here because, let's face it, such women are totty for the eyes and we put up with it.

Why don't all the numerous female programmes have a bloke who sticks its oar in every 2 minutes about things.

Where does Laura Davies fit in your analysis?

Claire Cottingham, lead commentator on Formula W.

Plucked from being traffic announcer on Forever FM.

Abysmal.

Just about muddled through the assistance of guests like Ted Kravitz, Allan McNish, Alice Powell, David Coulthard.

Edited by Bedrag Justesen

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Where does Laura Davies fit in your analysis?

She knows a lot about a lot of sports iirc. Saw her on question of sport once and her knowledge was incredible. 

She would be fine as a pundit imo. :Old:

6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

#metoo. Fuck off women and get your own sport.

Seriously, I can’t bear it. Even when they read out the football results, like they give a shit, I’ll be heard ranting at how ridiculous they sound.

Edited by Battenberg

1 hour ago, ccc said:

She knows a lot about a lot of sports iirc. Saw her on question of sport once and her knowledge was incredible. 

She would be fine as a pundit imo. :Old:

When not competing, she lives for sport. The four 50" tv's in her den are a bit of a giveaway. A true blokes burd. But I wouldn't. Partly because her hands are feckin huge.

Just now, Wight Flight said:

When not competing, she lives for sport. The four 50" tv's in her den are a bit of a giveaway. A true blokes burd. But I wouldn't. Partly because her hands are feckin huge.

Her commentary on men's golf ? I have zero issue with. Problem is most that get the gig are woeful. 

Are you talking about the wonderful Melodie Robinson from NZ?  She commentates on many of the rugby games down under and she knows her stuff. Well, she would, she was a fantastic Black Fern for years.  I think you're wrong on this one - sex has nowt to do with ability to commentate well.  My wife knows more about the rules of rugby that I ever could, and frequently beats down (verbally) idiots in bars that think because she has tits they know more than she does about the game.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/111148820/melodie-robinson-appointed-tvnz-general-manager-sport-and-events-in-rugby-world-cup-year

24 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Are you talking about the wonderful Melodie Robinson from NZ? 

No.

According to DDG, it’s one “Danielle Waterman” who has played Rugby at least. Then again, so have I and I didn’t get ITV calling me to talk my drunken dribble whilst watching the game on TV.