• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
dgul

This incident is not believed to be related to terrorism

All of a sudden I'm seeing this all the time.  I'm not going out looking for it, but all of a sudden 'normal' stories have this tagline somewhere or another.

The latest example was a death in Reading last night.  http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/15385003.UPDATE__Man_s_body_found_in_town_centre/   This one is a little more complex, in that it is a 'At this stage this incident is not believed to be related to terrorism', as though the terrorism tagging part comes later, when they've worked what's actually happened.

Do we get to see this phrase on everything even remotely dodgy from this point on?

[I only find it a suspicious thing to write -- I'm saying to myself 'why are they saying that', and then looking for info on the race/religion of anyone involved, or on the type of wounds, both of which are suspicious by their absence in the Reading death.  Without the 'this is not terrorism' part I'd just think it was something (sadly) routine, like an overdose or something.]

People were thinking every time they added that a stabbing or accident "was not terror related" that this was a sign that it was terror related because the police didn't feel the need to add "was not terror related" to the last stabbing, only to this one. So the police are now adding it to everything.

Slice-of-toast-with-strawberry-jam-upside-down-on-floor.jpg.3ad44932f0da5197b127724465cfa051.jpg

18 minutes ago, dgul said:

All of a sudden I'm seeing this all the time.  I'm not going out looking for it, but all of a sudden 'normal' stories have this tagline somewhere or another.

The latest example was a death in Reading last night.  http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/15385003.UPDATE__Man_s_body_found_in_town_centre/   This one is a little more complex, in that it is a 'At this stage this incident is not believed to be related to terrorism', as though the terrorism tagging part comes later, when they've worked what's actually happened.

Do we get to see this phrase on everything even remotely dodgy from this point on?

[I only find it a suspicious thing to write -- I'm saying to myself 'why are they saying that', and then looking for info on the race/religion of anyone involved, or on the type of wounds, both of which are suspicious by their absence in the Reading death.  Without the 'this is not terrorism' part I'd just think it was something (sadly) routine, like an overdose or something.]

IMO i think the Establishment are shiting themselves ...and as per usual the law of unintended consequences  make it worse  .

9 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

IMO i think the Establishment are shiting themselves ...and as per usual the law of unintended consequences  make it worse  .

Yes, especially with the advent of "tit for tat" now breaking out across europe and the US / Canada

10 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Interesting comment lurky, why do you think they are shitting themselves?  Not that I disagree with you, just interested 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Interesting comment lurky, why do you think they are shitting themselves?  Not that I disagree with you, just interested 

As the OP they find the need to "reassure " people every time theres a death crime or what ever ..but instead of reassurances it`s leading to suspicion 

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

As the OP they find the need to "reassure " people every time theres a death crime or what ever ..but instead of reassurances it`s leading to suspicion 

I was hoping that your response would be that they are scared of ropes and lampposts in their future. Oh well. 

Just now, One percent said:

I was hoping that your response would be that they are scared of ropes and lampposts in their future. Oh well. 

Nahh they will be well gone before that point if it gets that bad 

One thing i believe is that the establishment have just realised they can no longer control the narrative on this one  just look at the following the likes of Katie Hopkins TR and Douglas Muray  have it`s in the millions between  them, then you have the share /retweet side and it`s geting into tens of millions 

What have the Establishment got to counter the above ? it looks to me like all they have is reassuring words and they are fucking that up 

9 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Nahh they will be well gone before that point if it gets that bad 

One thing i believe is that the establishment have just realised they can no longer control the narrative on this one  just look at the following the likes of Katie Hopkins TR and Douglas Muray  have it`s in the millions between  them, then you have the share /retweet side and it`s geting into tens of millions 

What have the Establishment got to counter the above ? it looks to me like all they have is reassuring words and they are fucking that up 

TR and DM are regulars in top 5 book sales currently.

Douglas Murray must be causing them particular worry. He's highly articulate and appeals to the 'voices of reason' .  TR and Rebel News can be rather 'shouty' at times.....if you get my meaning.

9 minutes ago, shindigger said:

TR and DM are regulars in top 5 book sales currently.

This is an odd story...

https://www.rt.com/news/395085-gunmen-open-fire-at-crowd-france/

Two hooded men opened fire at people leaving a mosque injuring eight in the southern city of Avignon late in Sunday, local media reports. Police have reportedly claimed the incident is not terrorism-related.

Are we suggesting that it's just some type of gang warfare and therefore not terror related? 

22 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

Are we suggesting that it's just some type of gang warfare and therefore not terror related? 

Sky news were reporting it as a 'dispute between young prople'!!! 

So that's OK then!

Readings unofficial nickname is Stabbing.

Load of afro-caribs turned up there years ago, bring a stabby culture with them, that remains i nthe town.

Place is a shithole.

3 hours ago, Wahoo said:

Douglas Murray must be causing them particular worry. He's highly articulate and appeals to the 'voices of reason' .  TR and Rebel News can be rather 'shouty' at times.....if you get my meaning.

Yes i know where you are coming from regarding TR and for some it probably puts them of  (dm probably  takes up that slack)...but on the flip side i often think is it his enthusiasm/shouty nature that got him the gig with rebel media