• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Now that's tough

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

SAS take on Isis with bare hands and drown one in a puddle after running out of bullets 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4658438/SAS-hero-drowned-ISIS-fighter-puddle.html

Kin hell that is tough, doubt its true mind, them SAS boys keep their goings on secret

Edited by Talking Monkey

Amazing thing about SAS (& SBS etc) folk is that if you met them casually you'd not know there was anything special about them (eg, US green beret types, that all look like brawn).  Great guys (and girls).

31 minutes ago, dgul said:

Amazing thing about SAS (& SBS etc) folk is that if you met them casually you'd not know there was anything special about them (eg, US green beret types, that all look like brawn).  Great guys (and girls).

You find out quite quickly if they are your "enemy" in TA military exercises. Not that they needed to be good to get the better of us, mind, bunch of clueless cannonfodder twits. Felt like they had invisibilty cloaks. Glad I put away childish things a long time ago, don't think I'd have survived long in a live deployment except as a sniper.

28 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

You find out quite quickly if they are your "enemy" in TA military exercises. Not that they needed to be good to get the better of us, mind, bunch of clueless cannonfodder twits. Felt like they had invisibilty cloaks. Glad I put away childish things a long time ago, don't think I'd have survived long in a live deployment except as a sniper.

Now they are the odd ones.  There are two jobs in the army that I don't think I could do* -- IED and sniper.  I've met a few and they all seem  fairly normal, but IMO they've got to be wired up a bit odd.

[* obviously I couldn't actually do many of the jobs at all, but those two do seem to be different than the rest]

From my very limited knowledge I thought the SAS always carried a fair amount of ammunition with them and used it wisely; and would pick up weapons from fallen combatants. So it does seem surprising that they were down to their last 10 bullets. 

This story seems to be rather difficult to believe,I know the SAS are good but fighting off armed terrorists with rocks and using their guns as clubs after they have ran out of bullets is stretching it.

I'm calling fake news on this story. 

2 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

This story seems to be rather difficult to believe,I know the SAS are good but fighting off armed terrorists with rocks and using their guns as clubs after they have ran out of bullets is stretching it.

It does have a touch of "and with one bound he was free", a kind of James Bondness about it

A few years after Bravo Two Zero and the other books related to that patrol came out, I watched a documentary which heavily featured the regimental Sgt. Major at the time, since retired. The guy was unmistakable from the book descriptions of his appearance and accent. Long story short, he called bullshit on pretty much the entire Bravo Two Zero story. As far as he was concerned it was a patrol that was sunk from the outset by poor planning, and there wasn't much else to it. The only feat he was genuinely impressed with was the one bloke who got away by covering 300 miles or something in enemy territory without getting picked up.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that the SAS are always surrounded by fantasy stories. Probably not a bad thing though, if it makes enemies shit scared of them.

1 hour ago, M S E Refugee said:

Well, they've made a 'story' out of an incident.  It was probably mostly waiting.  

[But the 'if they were captured they'd have been tortured and beheaded' part is probably true.  Difficult to see how they can do their job under those stresses, really.]

16 hours ago, SNACR said:

Makes a change from massacring civilians and making it look like the other side did it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4658582/SAS-unit-accused-executing-unarmed-Afghan-civilians.html

After all from what i can make out the Taliban don`t wear uniforms so who knows if they are or not

I find this part sinister 

The case was brought by Leigh Day, a law firm seeking compensation for the family of the deceased

8 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I`m inclined to call it even shiter fiction 

24 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Ooooh - I've walked up that in a cold January...

I have done it a few times on a bike (bike wiped me out pushed most of the way up) and on foot ,i was looking for a  funny Youtube vid i have seen but could not find it

It was a group of walkers celebrating getting to the top kited up like they were going up Everest then in the back ground a guy walks past dressed in shorts /T shirt/flipflops with a can of strongbow in his hand  

Edited by Long time lurking

17 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I have done a few times bike (bike wiped me out pushed most of the way up) and on foot ,i was looking for a  funny Youtube vid i have seen but could not find it

It was a group of walkers celebrating getting to the top kited up like they were going up Everest then in the back ground a guy walks past dressed in shorts /T shirt/flipflops with a can of strongbow in his hand  

That's what walking in the Andes is like, you are gasping up the slopes with your small pack and fancy mountain gear and tiny locals run past you with flipflops and enormous packs about twice the size of themselves. Their blood is all red cells mind..

14 hours ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

From my very limited knowledge I thought the SAS always carried a fair amount of ammunition with them and used it wisely; and would pick up weapons from fallen combatants. So it does seem surprising that they were down to their last 10 bullets. 

Not surprised.

Didn't they fire off 50 bullets from Blue Angel at Borough Market.

Kono Kalakaua takes perps out with a bullet each.