• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Sweeney Tod it ain’t

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7580493/Police-detective-sacked-gross-misconduct-carrying-knuckle-duster-drinking-alcohol-duty.html

A police detective has been sacked for using racist language, tampering with evidence, carrying a knuckle duster and drinking alcohol while on duty.

Metropolitan Police officer Mark Eve, based in Romford, was found guilty of misconduct over a litany of breaches including routinely using racist language in direct conversations and WhatsApp chats.

20 minutes ago, spunko said:

Hmmm, well I have considered deleting posts after a year or two automatically but think it'll mess a few things up. 

It’s a sad state of affairs that you have considered doing that. Of course I can understand in today’s world why!

In my opinion the Dosbods forum has done no harm to anyone and doesn’t incite any trouble. It’s a bunch of posters who are posting articles, opinions, jokes, rants and thoughts etc about life. 

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

It’s a sad state of affairs that you have considered doing that. Of course I can understand in today’s world why!

In my opinion the Dosbods forum has done no harm to anyone and doesn’t incite any trouble. It’s a bunch of posters who are posting articles, opinions, jokes, rants and thoughts etc about life. 

We are not allowed to do that though. I watched 1984 this afternoon. The old version with Peter Cushing. Frightening stuff. 

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

We are not allowed to do that though. I watched 1984 this afternoon. The old version with Peter Cushing. Frightening stuff. 

No need to watch a film!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Great film! Yes, scary.

I don’t think the rulers can really stop “wrongthink” though. Groups will continue to mobilise and fight back against social media censorship.

In my opinion decent paying and employment with some sense of security will become harder and harder to find for folk. I doubt the population will roll over and accept the continuing decline of living standards for millions of working people in the uk. I doubt they’ll accept political correctness either.

As for the policeman in the original post....I haven’t read the article so don’t know what he said or posted that can be regarded as racist......I’m guessing it’s nothing much. Don’t blame him for carrying a knuckle duster.....why would he want to die in the line of duty in the uk?

25 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Well it's more because I don't think a permanent archive is a good idea. I can find posts I made online going back to about 2003! I don't feel this is right. 

6 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

That’s the one. Bloody brill. 

2 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

I dunno. Being un-PC, a bit handy with the fists and frequent stops at 70s Londons many watering holes was pretty much the sweeney summarized?!

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Everything you do is recorded and will be used against you if required.

The convenience and consequences of permanent written records.

Only if required though. If mortgage applications were inspected as um 'comprehensively' as was the case for Tommy Robinson, there probably wouldnt be a mortgage broker or borrower who had a self-cert mortgage/liar loan issued between 2001-2007 who hadnt done a stint with HMP. 

As things stand though, they only enforce the rules when you do something really heinous, like bringing attention to little girls being raped by labour voters.