• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Who Should I Vote For?

Who Should I Vote for on Monday?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Available options

• Bill Morneau - Liberal
    • Rynan Lester - Conservative
    • Brian Chang - NDP (much like Labour)
    • Annamie Paul - Green
    • Sean Carson - Rhino Party (local equivalent of the Monster Raving Loony Party)
    • Bronwyn Cragg - Communist
    • Philip Fernandez - Marxist Leninist (splitters!)
    • Rob Lewin - Animal Party (no idea)
    • Jason Tavares - random independent

Forget about Brexit, the US primaries, the impending (or not) UK general election and everything else political, this is the really import question to focus on: who should I vote for in the Canadian federal elections on Monday? I should point out that it will make absolutely no difference because Bill Morneau, the Liberal candidate and current finance minister, will win by a country mile so I promise to vote for whoever the denizens DOSBODS select via this poll. 

2 minutes ago, The Generation Game 🙌 said:

Go for the random independent. The others are all screwed up as career politicians. Jason wants to try and make a difference and, if he gets enough people to believe in him, it might just propel him on to better things. 

Or the Rhino. 

This is the guy:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Political-Candidate/Jason-Tavares-Campaign-For-Member-of-Canadas-Federal-Parliament-100738624669049/

Speaking of WWE, when they were in town last summer, I had a bad lapse in judgement under the influence of alcohol while visiting Family & tweeted a suicidal gun threat to WWE claiming I was in the arena of their event.

I'm not sure he's entirely stable....

19 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Yeah. Probably best not to encourage that one. Rhino it is. 

I don't know if it's because I've had a few ciders or not, but the Rhino Party (actually called the Second Rhinoceros Party nowadays apparently) sound hilarious.

Bryan Gold of the Rhinoceros Party described the party platform as two feet high and made of wood: "My platform is the one I'm standing on".

A candidate named Ted "not too" Sharp ran in Flora MacDonald's Kingston and the Islands, riding with the campaign slogan "Fauna, not flora", promising to give fauna equal representation. He also took a stand on abortion (promising, if elected, never to have an abortion).

Manifesto:

National Defense

The Rhinoceros Party says that National Defense is THE number one priority

The Economy

The Rhinoceros Party says that the Economy is THE number one priority

Others:

• Making Montreal the Venice of North America by damming the St. Lawrence River
  • Ending crime by abolishing all laws
  • Counting the Thousand Islands to see if the Americans have stolen any
Edited by spunko