DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Joe Davola's Music Thread

JoeDavola

Random songs in no particular order that I stumble across in my daily listening that I like.

Warning: may contain cheese and/or sentimental stuff. I brace myself for the slaggings that might result.

Today's band of choice is the wonderful Prefab Sprout:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m currently listening to Kate Rusby. Fantastic voice. This is one of her more famous ones. Others have covered it too

Fuck sake this is meant to be for my music, start yer own bloody thread!

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Fuck sake this is meant to be for my music, start yer own bloody thread!

Well fuck you, you anti-social twat...!

Your music is shite anyway...   ;)

XYY

4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Well fuck you, you anti-social twat...!

Your music is shite anyway...   ;)

XYY

Mine’s good though. :)

The King and Queen of DOSBODS have shit on yet another topic.

Well done guys!

(And no, I'm not telling you who's the King and who's the Queen)

;)

Just now, JoeDavola said:

The King and Queen of DOSBODS have shit on yet another topic.

Well done guys!

(And no, I'm not telling you who's the King and who's the Queen)

;)

Oh bugger off Joe. What’s the point of a thread of not for the basis of discussion. Or do you just want to demonstrate how shit your taste in music is?  

Fuck, I think I’m turning into xyy. O.o

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Oh bugger off Joe. What’s the point of a thread of not for the basis of discussion. Or do you just want to demonstrate how shit your taste in music is?  

Fuck, I think I’m turning into xyy. O.o

:)

It happens to everyone eventually.

Embrace the change...

;)

XYY

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

It happens to everyone eventually.

Embrace the change...

;)

XYY

I do not wear a fucking wig. Or in the accepted parlance, it’s norra fucking wig.  xD

XYY

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

I do not wear a fucking wig. Or in the accepted parlance, it’s norra fucking wig.  xD

My open invite to inspect my ''wig'' is still out there petal...

XYY

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

My open invite to inspect my ''wig'' is still out there petal...

XYY

Yeah but you said there wasn’t a JL. I’m not meeting in morrie’s caf. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Yeah but you said there wasn’t a JL. I’m not meeting in morrie’s caf. 

Mind you're hard to please, you are.

There must be somewhere suitably poncy around here that would allow you to enjoy the power of my hair in a refined public place.

Guisborough, or maybe Stokesley...?

I'll pick up the bill you tight twat...

;)

XYY

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Mind you're hard to please, you are.

There must be somewhere suitably poncy around here that would allow you to enjoy the power of my hair in a refined public place.

Guisborough, or maybe Stokesley...?

I'll pick up the bill you tight twat...

;)

XYY

Well I would need to be chaperoned. There are a couple of other dosbodders close. We could have a northern dosbodder meet-up. :)

how about ellerby?  

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well I would need to be chaperoned. There are a couple of other dosbodders close. We could have a northern dosbodder meet-up. :)

how about ellerby?  

That's a canny trek for me and the chaperones mind.

There are quite a few DOSBODders in the NE - and a meet-up is a nice idea. @eight is from Darlington, and I think @Stuey is from somewhere near Stockton. Dunno if he lives up here, but I'm sure that @crashmonitor has a NE connection.

You've got a few further up in Geordie-land like @Reck B and @Tdog  - and @Roger_Mellie and @spygirl might be able to make it if they are not globe-trotting. And of course you've got @DurhamBorn from the boring part of the forum.

Apologies to any NE DOSBODders that I've missed out - it could be quite a party if someone has a mind to arrange it...

XYY

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

There are quite a few DOSBODders in the NE - and a meet-up is a nice idea. @eight is from Darlington, and I think @Stuey is from somewhere near Stockton. Dunno if he lives up here, but I'm sure that @crashmonitor has a NE connection.

You've got a few further up in Geordie-land like @Reck B and @Tdog  - and @Roger_Mellie and @spygirl might be able to make it if they are not globe-trotting. And of course you've got @DurhamBorn from the boring part of the forum.

Apologies to any NE DOSBODders that I've missed out - it could be quite a party if someone has a mind to arrange it...

XYY

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bongo_Club_-_Albert_Street,_Middlesbrough.jpg

2 hours ago, One percent said:

I’m currently listening to Kate Rusby. Fantastic voice. This is one of her more famous ones. Others have covered it too

Next time i mert her, ill send round. Shes good at tiling.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Random songs in no particular order that I stumble across in my daily listening that I like.

Warning: may contain cheese and/or sentimental stuff. I brace myself for the slaggings that might result.

Today's band of choice is the wonderful Prefab Sprout:

Even im  not going to shit on yer thread.

When i was a kid in 85-86ish, there was a few years when newcastle was like the centre of cool.

You had prefab sprout on uber cool end. I font think wgen lives breaks down has been beaten as a cool song - up there with heard it on grape vine.

Then there was the kane gang on the poppy end.

Then there was the riverside club, Viz, and pub scene - strawberry place etcetc.

Now its pissed posh student, stag dos.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Even im  not going to shit on yer thread.

When i was a kid in 85-86ish, there was a few years when newcastle was like the centre of cool.

You had prefab sprout on uber cool end. I font think wgen lives breaks down has been beaten as a cool song - up there with heard it on grape vine.

Then there was the kane gang on the poppy end.

Then there was the riverside club, Viz, and pub scene - strawberry place etcetc.

Now its pissed posh student, stag dos.

You are about 85 to 90% correct, but there are still some decent places if you know where to look.

Oh for the pubs of ''Get Carter''...

XYY

12 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

You forgot @Ina

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bongo_Club_-_Albert_Street,_Middlesbrough.jpg

Next time i mert her, ill send round. Shes good at tiling.

Is she mates with the Carthy’s?  Bloody good voice. 

4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

You are about 85 to 90% correct, but there are still some decent places if you know where to look.

Oh for the pubs of ''Get Carter''...

XYY

Ah youve sort your dosage out.

Normally im called a making up cunt at this stage.

There are sone good pubs left in newcastle - its a big place.

You ought to be able train it in 40m.

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Oh, I didn't realise that.

But you are from up here originally, aren't you...?

XYY

Isn’t ‘ull dhan sarf?  

Archived