• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Thombleached

Cat died today :(

Just now, Thombleached said:

I've no doubt that if I die before my wife this is exactly what will come next. 

To be fair, there's quite a few pictures of her and she does seem to be one of the happiest looking people I have ever seen.

1 hour ago, Thombleached said:

She came back with two. They are gorgeous, 8 weeks old (abandoned so hand weened)

ghost and Phoenix. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Aw, they look settled in already.

Edited by This Time
Quad post, did my best removing the dupes - sorry

4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Weird. I can actually feel myself starting to sneeze just looking at the pictures.

Dog, on the other hand, is salivating .....

Yep, they (and any other cat dumb enough not to jump up something really high) would last 5 seconds in the presence of my sisters old dog. In his defence, he was a beautiful kind animal with people and dogs, a rescue dog who had clearly been taught some, ahem, bad habits before he went to the rescue home. 

4 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Yep, they (and any other cat dumb enough not to jump up something really high) would last 5 seconds in the presence of my sisters old dog. In his defence, he was a beautiful kind animal with people and dogs, a rescue dog who had clearly been taught some, ahem, bad habits before he went to the rescue home.

My greyhound likes to chase small fluffy animals. No idea where she got that bad habit from O.o

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

My greyhound likes to chase small fluffy animals. No idea where she got that bad habit from O.o

This fella was a greyhound/pitbull cross. Like this but taller and white not brown. He was lovely and gentle as long as you weren't anything he regarded as prey.(anything from cats and squirrels and foxes up to full-grown deer) He wasn't destined to make old bones!

brown_boss.jpg

3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

This fella was a greyhound/pitbull cross. Like this but taller and white not brown. He was lovely and gentle as long as you weren't anything he regarded as prey.(anything from cats and squirrels and foxes up to full-grown deer) He wasn't destined to make old bones!

brown_boss.jpg

Jesus that's a killer combination - a turbo-charged pit bull!

3 hours ago, This Time said:

Aw, they look settled in already.

They're gorgeous. I was going to recommend two as I did this last time and brought home 2 sisters at 8 weeks old, Maisie and Daisy. They turned 2 on Monday. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with not waiting. I've always gone straight out and got cats a few weeks after losing one. I don't think I could ever live in a house without a cat. 

image.jpeg

Mrs XYY had cats when she was younger, and suggested we get one when Bonnie the beloved Border Collie died.

I've never had a cat, and thought they were just smaller versions of dogs.

So in April 2014, I agreed - and we took home an eight-week old moggie kitten who was christened "Socks". This was because she had mostly black fur - but each of her four legs end with pure white fur that look like she's wearing white socks. The horse in the film "Dances With Wolves" was similarly named.

The last three years have been an education for me to say the least, and very expensive in that my 50 inch telly fell over the first time she jumped on the back of it and the screen was smashed as the momentum of her leap pushed it over.

That telly cost me £899. Mrs XYY had to physically stop me from strangling the little bastard...!

And since then, she's wrecked every pair of curtains in the house - and the leather chair in my "man-cave" has more pin-pricks in it than the wallpaper surrounding Stevie Wonder's fucking dart-board...!

But in that time, she has gradually drawn me in with her Derren Brown style powers.

I love that cute little ball of evil - and now I understand, and empathise with, cat-owners everywhere.

Here she is "supervising" me as I assemble my new desk...

socks.thumb.jpg.269ffb54b277f8417de2a4aa890088ce.jpg

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

I am not susceptible to their evil powers. They sense this, and like an attractive woman that you ignore verifying her powers by giving a wiggle and glance, they constantly try to cajole me to stroke them and jump on my lap. If from politeness to the cats owner I permit this, they look triumphantly at me through slit eyes as if I were a bird between their claws. Evil little psychos.

I got my new cat from a cat lady who said he couldn't get along with the other cats and was very shy around people.  As soon as he was loose in the house he hid from me all the time and wouldn't let me anywhere near him.  This went on for about three months then the weather got better and so I left the front door open to let him go of his own accord working on the principle that if he came back he was mine but if he didn't he never was.  I never saw him leave but he was gone and then two weeks later I saw his face peering out of the bushes.  It took a week of encouragement and food but he eventually approached and then later let me touch him.  Right now he still lives outside but will come when called and he likes a short session of strokes.   He looks very healthy so I think he hunts a lot and my guess is that as the weather turns cold he will be only too happy to become a house cat again but with cuddles.  I feel like he gives me a sense of accomplishment.  I have earned his trust and who knows the troubles he has seen?  I give him food but he gives me back something hard to define.  I cant help liking the independent son of a bitch.