DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Martin or Taylor

MrPin

I might be buying my sister an electric guitar for Christmas. I like my sister a lot, and she taken up the guitar. She cannot have one of mine, as I am a lefty spaz like Paul McCartney. Any suggestions?

39 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I might be buying my sister an electric guitar for Christmas. I like my sister a lot, and she taken up the guitar. She cannot have one of mine, as I am a lefty spaz like Paul McCartney. Any suggestions?

I'm tempted to say some sort of superstrat like an Ibanez with a thin fast neck if she has small hands.

But a 'normal' strat of some sort is probably your best bet isn't it in terms of play-ability and versatility. Les Pauls are a bit awkward.

16 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm tempted to say some sort of superstrat like an Ibanez with a thin fast neck if she has small hands.

But a 'normal' strat of some sort is probably your best bet isn't it in terms of play-ability and versatility. Les Pauls are a bit awkward.

Ibanez might be a good choice. I have a fake Les Paul myself, made in the Ibanez factory.

Aren't there some nice Yamaha electric guitars at sensible prices...?

I remember reading some good reviews on some reasonably priced ones last time I was thinking of getting another guitar.

XYY

On 26/10/2019 at 09:57, The XYY Man said:

Aren't there some nice Yamaha electric guitars at sensible prices...?

I remember reading some good reviews on some reasonably priced ones last time I was thinking of getting another guitar.

XYY

Yes I had a Yamaha electric, and sold it for a reasonable price. The jack was in an awkward place and was easy to bang. I sold it with a magnetic snap off lead, that I always used with it.

Bus Stop Boxer

I had a D28 for a while. I failed to bond with it. And im a yuuuge Neil Young fan.

I have a handmade Jap Yamaha CPX15 that i much much prefer. Ive also got a Gibson Hummingbird, and i have to admit i think that is all fur coat and no nickers as well.

To be fair i did keep the Martin in the case cos it was expensive, and it should really have been out on a stand breathing.

But even the neck feel didnt speak to me.

Id like to try a D40, or i could maybe persuade myself to get hold of a J40 at some point.

10 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes I had a Yamaha electric, and sold it for a reasonable price. The jack was in an awkward place and was easy to bang. I sold it with a magnetic snap off lead, that I always used with it.

Sounds like my ex. She was from Durham,.

Bus Stop Boxer
On 25/10/2019 at 23:56, MrPin said:

Squier Vintage Modified range. Cant go wrong.

Bobthebuilder

Anything made in the Ibanez factory Fujigen is the nuts, early fenders, squiers, tokais the list goes on.

For a cheap electric i like the Yamaha Pacifica, lovely in natural finish.

The yanks made 3 guitars in 1952 the les paul, the telecaster and the strat. It never got any better than that IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2019 at 18:04, Bobthebuilder said:

Anything made in the Ibanez factory Fujigen is the nuts, early fenders, squiers, tokais the list goes on.

For a cheap electric i like the Yamaha Pacifica, lovely in natural finish.

The yanks made 3 guitars in 1952 the les paul, the telecaster and the strat. It never got any better than that IMO.

80s Tokais were the dog's nuts. Beat the original. Find one now?

Bobthebuilder
45 minutes ago, MrPin said:

80s Tokais were the dog's nuts. Beat the original. Find one now?

Many guitars that were cheapish back in my day seem to be rare and expensive now, Hamer USA double cut junior with p90s is another.

Archived