• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

Guardian and Independent link warning

@spunko Would it be possible to put up a warning message on all Guardian and Independent links that are posted?

Something like 'by clicking "Continue" you are bringing web traffic to the Guardian site and thus helping them to propagate their left-wing fascism'

The message could be a bit more neutral as well.. :)

@swiss_democracy_for_all

I could probably add it when I get some free time, but to be honest it'll probably be better to download one of the many browser plugins that already allow you to do add a whitelist/blacklist and custom message when you try to access them. I know an weaponised Remainer sort who blocks *.dailymail.co.uk and always makes sure to tell everyone.

13 minutes ago, spunko said:

@swiss_democracy_for_all

I could probably add it when I get some free time, but to be honest it'll probably be better to download one of the many browser plugins that already allow you to do add a whitelist/blacklist and custom message when you try to access them. I know an weaponised Remainer sort who blocks *.dailymail.co.uk and always makes sure to tell everyone.

Yeah rather than just for me I was thinking of it being done for everyone on Dosbods, so a bit more delicate - would require agreement unless you just imposed it :-)  Seems very odd to me that a site like this propagates Guardian shite and potentially gives it money, even if in the context of ridiculing what is written. There is the issue that doing this is "taking a position" of sorts, which might not be approved of by all. But there is some precedent - the So-Called BBC and the so-called BBC etc....

Obviously people would still have the option of continuing....  

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yeah rather than just for me I was thinking of it being done for everyone on Dosbods, so a bit more delicate - would require agreement unless you just imposed it :-)  Seems very odd to me that a site like this propagates Guardian shite and potentially gives it money, even if in the context of ridiculing what is written. There is the issue that doing this is "taking a position" of sorts, which might not be approved of by all. But there is some precedent - the So-Called BBC and the so-called BBC etc....

Obviously people would still have the option of continuing....  

I post links to it for the shits and giggles. Owen’s column is a must for a laugh. 

not if its making them money though. Im not even visiting their site now. 

I think it needs to be put to a poll. And if it gets chosen, there are enough developers here for us to write it as a community effort.... Every other member seems to be a developer.

Here's my contribution:

<?php